Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Ohio

Notices

Thread: Wooster[44691] - Under Construction - Post#1=Address/Directions/Pics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2012, 06:44 PM   #61
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Wooster[44691], new location under construction - TEST AND TUNE - MARCH 4th - NOO

Heres something a buddy of mine and I built today. Was thinking about suspending it from the "big daddy" to another rock for fun. I attached it to some stuff in the garage and tried it out.

I took small diameter logs and chopped them in 4-6" pieces then bored through them long ways, then I took a few thinly split logs and drilled two holes sideways close or around the wheel width. Then I ran an 1/8" cable through both sides that i had laying around. Ends up making a wood suspension bridge. Its pretty tough but not to bad, but looks really cool These are just slid on, nothing is screwed together. So everything can swing/roll/twist/etc seperatly...

Last edited by OhioCrawler; 03-02-2012 at 06:51 PM.
OhioCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2012, 04:00 PM   #62
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Wooster[44691], new location under construction - TEST AND TUNE - MARCH 4th - NOO

First attempt at mounting the bridge...fail lol Needed a hammer drill for sure. I can get a good one from work on monday but have no way to power it until I figure somethin out. So it may not be up for tomorrow but I will get it up there.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #63
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioCrawler View Post
First attempt at mounting the bridge...fail lol Needed a hammer drill for sure. I can get a good one from work on monday but have no way to power it until I figure somethin out. So it may not be up for tomorrow but I will get it up there.
I had no idea you needed one!
Had an 18V Dewalt hammerdrill with Tapcons in the trunk of my car!
Fun course by the way! Big rocks a little tough for a scaler, but the woods, creek and hills nearby are perfect!
GiJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #64
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiJoe View Post
I had no idea you needed one!
Had an 18V Dewalt hammerdrill with Tapcons in the trunk of my car!
Fun course by the way! Big rocks a little tough for a scaler, but the woods, creek and hills nearby are perfect!
Well I have little concrete anchors to put in the rocks so the cables have a sturdy way of mounting. I had a bit and a drill but I think the hammer would have been the ticket. Unless im thinking overkill on the mounting.

Thanks, had fun!
Old 03-03-2012, 07:04 PM   #65
Pebble Pounder

Weather update: Flurries in the am but clear by noon. Overcast the rest of the day. Highs around 34*...yikes! BUT, let's suck it up toss on the carharts or whatever grab a hat and come on out. Its gonna be cold for everyone, poor traction for everyone, but its all parts of the game. So let's do it!
Old 03-04-2012, 06:34 AM   #66
Rock Crawler

Snapped a few pics while out yesterday...Great spot for comp rigs, BUT, the scalers have a diamond in the rough too! I think a little brush clearing in the creek behind the course and there will be some great trail riding!

GiJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:40 AM   #67
Pebble Pounder

Flurries are a flying starting to stick in the yard. Hopefully it slows. Im gonna head up there and take a look. I got the leaf blower with me just in case, I know this snow is gonna shy off a bunch of comp guys, and I would be to if I didn't live but 2mins away, but its all I got and im gonna give it a shot. But I know the scale guys probably love it!. Ill still be there around noon if anyone still chooses to stop...

Last edited by OhioCrawler; 03-04-2012 at 08:20 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:10 AM   #68
Pebble Pounder

Definitely slippery and wet. As soon as the sun hit the snow everything went to hell. Today straight up sucked to say the least haha. I guess from here all we can do is wait for nice weather...

Last edited by OhioCrawler; 03-04-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:40 PM   #69

Default Re: Wooster[44691], New location under construction

Went to the park after work today. no rain, no snow, no mud it was nice. lot of great lines will be a great place to have a comp
jfetzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:47 AM   #70
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfetzer View Post
Went to the park after work today. no rain, no snow, no mud it was nice. lot of great lines will be a great place to have a comp
Nice! I tried my hardest to get up there yesterday, the weather was awesome. I had to finish up my tires though. If the rain holds off today ill go give them a shot after work
Old 03-10-2012, 10:56 PM   #71
RCC Addict

Soon as I get moved/get my Crawler finished/get the national out of the way.

I will be up there
holycaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:11 AM   #72
Pebble Pounder

If anyones bored today and wants to do some crawling hit me up, I know ill be bored...txt/call 3304652605 or shoot me a PM
Old 03-11-2012, 06:51 PM   #73
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by holycaveman View Post
Soon as I get moved/get my Crawler finished/get the national out of the way.

I will be up there

ROAD TRIP!!!
scrounge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:07 AM   #74
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
No,no mulch. I have tried that. I will buy a load of gravel if someone can get it. And if its allowed.

That way you could take the excess and fill in holes. Just an idea. No big deal.
Well I haven't heard back from the email I sent him about the gravel idea. Like last time I just ended up calling, didn't think to ask him last time if my emails get kicked to his spam folder. Either way, ill try and give him a shout on the phone...
Old 03-13-2012, 01:30 PM   #75
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioCrawler View Post
Well I haven't heard back from the email I sent him about the gravel idea. Like last time I just ended up calling, didn't think to ask him last time if my emails get kicked to his spam folder. Either way, ill try and give him a shout on the phone...
Just got a response, looks like its a go. Now, where can I find donations for this gravel? Lol Id obviously be willing to chip in, also I would be willing to use my pickup to haul it unless we need more trips on gas verses the delivery charge...obviously. Atleast we have the green light!

EMAILS:

Jim,

We spoke about a couple weeks back about the area behind the pools to be used as an Rc rock crawling area. So far its been great! We came to the conclusion that instead of mulching the area,which was gonna be donated,we would rather donate our own money and get rock/gravel to make a border around the area and fill in as necessary to help with the foot traffic. The area isn't to terrible but once we get dirt/mud on our tires its hard to keep traction. I hope you consider our idea for the rock/gravel to help keep our "rock" crawling motif instead of the mulch...

Thanks,
Dane Brillhart
Dane,

Jim forwarded your message on to me about the rock/gravel idea for the "climb zone". I see no big problem with it, go ahead and let's give it a try. The only potential issue down line could be kids in the park throwing the stones into the pool. If that becomes an issue we may need to re-think it, but until we see a problem, let's move forward. Glad to hear the guys are excited about it!

Daryl

--Daryl Decker
Assistant Manager Public Properties
City of Wooster
(330) 263-5275 Office

Last edited by OhioCrawler; 03-13-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:02 AM   #76
RCC Addict

Default Re: Wooster[44691] - Under Construction - Post#1=Address/Directions/Pics

Thinking about coming up and checking it out. Any body going to be out there today?
josh6575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:04 AM   #77
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Wooster[44691] - Under Construction - Post#1=Address/Directions/Pics

Hi guys. Im in canton today up from columbus and wanted to check out your pile. Will you guys be headed over there today??

-E
DiabloPres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:37 AM   #78
Pebble Pounder

Yes, Mustangboy347, vn1500, and myself. Ill be heading there around 2pm, not sure when those other guys will be showing up...

Last edited by OhioCrawler; 03-18-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:54 PM   #79
RCC Addict

Lets see some pic!

And I will spring for a load of gravel
holycaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:21 PM   #80
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Lets see some pic!

And I will spring for a load of gravel
Well to be honest I don't think any pics were takin, but DiabloPres had a small video camera with him. Hopefully/maybe he'll post a few up...

Wooster[44691] - Under Construction - Post#1=Address/Directions/Pics - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LCC indoor coarse Cole82 Videos! 0 03-07-2010 09:19 PM
Indoor crawler coarse build Jeff Mills Idaho 11 02-03-2010 08:54 AM
Building an indoor coarse ? beni Chit Chat 1 12-07-2008 09:54 PM
Durable foam for indoor coarse Cole82 Chit Chat 8 01-13-2008 10:43 PM
homemade indoor crawling coarse? NoblesvilleKid Chit Chat 0 07-18-2007 03:54 PM