Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Ohio

Notices

Thread: Wooster[44691] - Under Construction - Post#1=Address/Directions/Pics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 05:41 AM   #41
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Wayne County[44691], new public location under construction - pics - videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangboy_347 View Post
i need a address or and longitude and latitude , something to go by on my GPS ...i would like to see the place this weekend also by need directions
PM Sent...
OhioCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2012, 08:22 AM   #42
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Wayne County[44691], new public location under construction - pics - videos

Well im just gonna go ahead and do it. The area as a whole is about 75% how I want it. I've mentioned wanting to set up a test and tune session....meaning bring your rigs but be ready to move some rock if needed. I want this to be more of a run it, let's change it kind of day. We can still set up some gates and play around but please bring your gloves, boots, and a healthy back lol. If you don't wanna get that involved I wont blame you, but most of my time will be spent working...as of now. Lol. Just please remember this is still under construction.

So without further adue...

400 Hillside Dr
Wooster, OH 44691

As you enter the main entrance you come to a stop sign(in the park), take a right passing through the parking lot and in front of the pool house. Next stop/intersection take a left and the actual location is on your left behind the pools. Closest parking will be to the right.

SUNDAY MARCH 4TH, at NOON...weather permitting

If your interested just show up around noon. Or send me a PM so I get an idea who's gonna show up. If I get a rough number of guys ill bring some hotdogs and a grill(I live 2mins away so no biggie). Also please bring your car chargers or converters or whatever or be precharged. I haven't investigated much around the pavilion to see if there is power. So please prepare yourself as needed...

Last edited by OhioCrawler; 02-28-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:25 AM   #43
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Wooster[44691], new location under construction - TEST AND TUNE - MARCH 4th - NOO

i will be there sunday to check this place out for sure maybe i can get my homies to come too
mustangboy_347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:45 AM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Wooster[44691], new location under construction - TEST AND TUNE - MARCH 4th - NOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangboy_347 View Post
i will be there sunday to check this place out for sure maybe i can get my homies to come too

I'll roll with ya brada
vn1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #45
Quarry Creeper

Going to try to make it up there. not sure if I can make it yet
EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:23 PM   #46

I will be there
jfetzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #47
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfetzer View Post
I will be there
Sweet, I was gonna send you a PM. You were the local guy I mentioned earlier...
Old 02-28-2012, 05:12 PM   #48
Pebble Pounder

Put in about 2hrs this evening after work. Wanna say thanks to "jfetzer" for stopping by and offering to help this evening. Got some more brush and weeds pulled and cleared, while Justin rearranged the "hillclimb". I personally think its looking pretty good, hopefully you all think so. You can only make natural land and rocks look so good I guess haha.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:13 AM   #49
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Wayne County[44691] indoor rock/terrain coarse - Anyone interested?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioCrawler View Post
Great point. All I will say for now is this is at a city park.

I have emailed the manager of parks and recreation about this idea. I think if they approved the disc golf coarse to be built by its members(not the city) i wouldnt see why they wouldnt approve this, i mean it only needs "cleaned" up from debris. Its currently an unused section of the park so I also stated this would help expand the park, and bring more people to enjoy the area.

We shall see...
Congratulations on taking the first step.
Like the saying goes "Build it, and they will come" Always looking for new crawling spots and meeting new people. Central Ohio Crawlers has held a few comps at Hoover Park and we have had people stop and watch even ask some questions.
Looking forward to making a road trip up someday soon.

Good Luck
scrounge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:00 PM   #50

If any of the c o c guys wanna carpool im down for an adventure
Stick306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:55 AM   #51
Pebble Pounder

Got another truck load added to the hill. Cut short front the rain, but a solid couple hours of work completed. Weather is showing overcast and low 40's for sunday. Hopefully it holds out...
Old 03-02-2012, 03:17 PM   #52

Leebo, Crawladdict and I will probably stop out this weekend.
08JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:35 PM   #53
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08JJ View Post
Leebo, Crawladdict and I will probably stop out this weekend.
If you guys gonna go tomorrow, give me a call. I cant do sunday, but tomorrow maybe.
GiJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:07 PM   #54
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiJoe View Post
If you guys gonna go tomorrow, give me a call. I cant do sunday, but tomorrow maybe.
Ill be there around 11 or so at the earliest, probably gonna get one last truck load of concrete tomorrow and call the hill good for now. I think they mentioned between 12 and 1 if they were. Regardless ill be there around that time frame...
Old 03-02-2012, 05:35 PM   #55
Rock Crawler

My son has soccer from 12 to 1. If its not pouring rain we'll prob stop out after. Should be there around 2 ish
GiJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:43 PM   #56
RCC Addict

Does the rock pile up the hill connect with the one in the video?

From the videos it looks great!

In my op if we could use gravel or something to make a nice border around the pile. It would look great and keep everyone out of the grass and dirt. I would be willing to help. Not sure about Sunday yet? But I am going to try.
holycaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #57
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by holycaveman View Post
Does the rock pile up the hill connect with the one in the video?

From the videos it looks great!

In my op if we could use gravel or something to make a nice border around the pile. It would look great and keep everyone out of the grass and dirt. I would be willing to help. Not sure about Sunday yet? But I am going to try.
No the hill doesn't truly connect via rock, but its only like a 10'-12' span of cleared ground and a few small misc. trees, so yeah its possible to drive from one pile to the other, but not without touching actual ground. Plus the hill contains 98% conrete chunks. I just didn't have enough rock,as of now, to construct if from actual rock/boulders. But as I get it ill slowly switch it out...

Well I know for sure I can get ahold of mulch, red black or brown, from my employer, already talked to the big bossman and he's willing to donate. Unless you think that'll look dumb, but im thinking free...

Last edited by OhioCrawler; 03-02-2012 at 06:05 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:06 PM   #58
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioCrawler View Post
No the hill doesn't truly connect via rock, but its only like a 10'-12' span of cleared ground and a few small misc. trees, so yeah its possible to drive from one pile to the other, but not without touching actual ground.

Well I know for sure I can get ahold of mulch, red black or brown, from my employer, already talked to the big bossman and he's willing to donate. Unless you think that'll look dumb, but im thinking free...
No,no mulch. I have tried that. I will buy a load of gravel if someone can get it. And if its allowed.

That way you could take the excess and fill in holes. Just an idea. No big deal.
holycaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:11 PM   #59
Pebble Pounder

Oh and since those videos I've cleared about 99% of the brush
Old 03-02-2012, 06:15 PM   #60
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by holycaveman View Post
No,no mulch. I have tried that. I will buy a load of gravel if someone can get it. And if its allowed.

That way you could take the excess and fill in holes. Just an idea. No big deal.
Ok, ill give the parks guy a call and see what he says. I have a fullsize pickup and would/could haul a few loads, or there's a few locals places that will deliver. Ill check first if he'll let us...

Wooster[44691] - Under Construction - Post#1=Address/Directions/Pics - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LCC indoor coarse Cole82 Videos! 0 03-07-2010 09:19 PM
Indoor crawler coarse build Jeff Mills Idaho 11 02-03-2010 08:54 AM
Building an indoor coarse ? beni Chit Chat 1 12-07-2008 09:54 PM
Durable foam for indoor coarse Cole82 Chit Chat 8 01-13-2008 10:43 PM
homemade indoor crawling coarse? NoblesvilleKid Chit Chat 0 07-18-2007 03:54 PM