Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > RC Rock Crawling Worlds > Past Events

Notices

Thread: 2014 Nationals & Season Class Information

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2014, 07:47 AM   #101
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: 2014 Nationals & Season Class Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubs179 View Post
Okay. It is used in almost every other form of competition, but it won't work in rccrawling? People want to win, it's human nature.

So, when Joel, being one of the best drives in the country, shows up with this and STOMPS them into the ground, how will it be less intimidating? I understand the "intent" of the class but I think you guys are just creating another class for the hardcore guys to win?
The guys who spend more time testing, tuning and practicing are going to win regardless of how much you try to regulate the trucks. Thing is, it's usually those guys that are the ones running the events and keeping things alive.

However, that doesn't mean that somebody newer can't come in, work hard and beat them.

I'm not sure I get what you're wanting. After all, this is a class for not only attracting people to the hobby, but to run at Nationals, too. If you want to try to run it within your club as a Novice class and restrict veteran drivers, you can do that.

I've been running our local comps for the past three years, and I'm talking from experience, not just guessing. Novice classes typically start out strong, but eventually, a rift forms between the "Pros" and the novices. We ran a Pro and Am class for a couple years and what we found was that eventually, there were only 2 to 3 people still in the lower class, and all of them felt that there was a negative connotation to being an Am.

Course design and attitude of the veteran drivers has made a bigger impact on the new and more layed back competitors feeling good about their experience.

Eliminate the elitist attitude from the too guys (often it isn't even that those guys have an attitude as much as it's perceived), and design courses that are easier to finish, but with bonus gates to keep the top guys challenged. Get more people finishing courses and you'll find that people are less intimidated, regardless of who has a tricked out truck.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2014, 07:54 AM   #102
I wanna be Dave

I like how there are these complaints yet only a couple people have even attempted running this in a comp yet.

How about you guys try something before you try to shoot holes in everything?
Old 02-13-2014, 09:42 AM   #103
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubs179 View Post
Okay. It is used in almost every other form of competition, but it won't work in rccrawling? People want to win, it's human nature.

So, when Joel, being one of the best drives in the country, shows up with this and STOMPS them into the ground, how will it be less intimidating? I understand the "intent" of the class but I think you guys are just creating another class for the hardcore guys to win?
Everything you said is TRUE, but it ignores the fact you need novices to have a novice class.

How many novices showed up at one of your local comps over the last 2 years?

During that time did you offer to hold a separate event for local novices?

At your next local event whats more likely to happen?
A) 6x Novices show up with 2.2P or 2.2s trucks
B) 6x Novices show up with Trail Class trucks.

Do local clubs really need the USRCCA to green light a Novice Class to run it? From everything I have heard clubs that have demand for it are already running it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTwin v2 View Post
I like how there are these complaints yet only a couple people have even attempted running this in a comp yet.

Exactly.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:59 AM   #104
D-Wray 4 Prez!

People are forgetting that this is just an idea to get interest into the Comp crawling side of RC. If you offer it who knows. Some guy might sell his scaler and want a comp rig, or they might just say its not for me. For myself, I feel it has turned into a more specific group. Comp guys are going to want to comp. scaler or go fast guys are going to do what they do.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:04 PM   #105
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTwin v2 View Post

I am looking forward to including and running this class at the Northeast National Qualifier.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:37 PM   #106
I wanna be Dave

OK are we done hijacking this thread yet? Please use PM's to communicate things other than the intended purpose of this thread, or start another one about whatever crazyness is going on. I keep checking back for important information that I need to pass on to my club since we are running the trail class.

If you forgot here is the focus of this thread.

Re: 2014 Nationals & Season Class Information
Old 02-17-2014, 08:28 PM   #107
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jslick View Post
OK are we done hijacking this thread yet? Please use PM's to communicate things other than the intended purpose of this thread, or start another one about whatever crazyness is going on. I keep checking back for important information that I need to pass on to my club since we are running the trail class.

If you forgot here is the focus of this thread.

Re: 2014 Nationals & Season Class Information
98 Hijacks moved to a new home

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 02-17-2014 at 08:53 PM.

2014 Nationals & Season Class Information - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nor-CalRCRC 2013/2014 season gunnar Competition Results 8 06-02-2014 01:51 PM
G.V.C.C. comp season 2013-2014 rtousley Colorado 12 03-26-2014 05:22 PM
2014 Season Club Meeting Harley Missouri 55 02-21-2014 07:55 AM