Old 05-19-2007, 05:43 PM   #143
Pebble Pounder

wow one finally before 12. good job haha
razor rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 07:06 PM   #144
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99chevyZR2 View Post
hey guys. im having a little trouble. im not sure how to connect the steering link to the servo and im also having trouble locking out the rear axle. i was wandering if i brought all the parts i need to fix that if you guys could help me finish it. other than that everything is all coming along pretty well. all i have left to do is drill some holes so i can mount the tranny and then mount the electronics. i have a roller now. im so excited about tomorrow and i would really appreciate it if you guys can help me out on sunday. this is my first crawler and im not sure excatly how do do everything yet and would like some help from more experienced guys in the fine sport of rccrawling. talk to you guys later, Andrew
You are locking them both out, right?

I used that liquid steel that comes in a tube. It's like putty...just mash it together untill it's a uniform color and fill the diff.

It dries quickly and is hard as a rock. you can actually drill and tap it if needed.

I'll bring it if I can find it.
mascman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 07:13 PM   #145
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascman View Post
You are locking them both out, right?

I used that liquid steel that comes in a tube. It's like putty...just mash it together untill it's a uniform color and fill the diff.

It dries quickly and is hard as a rock. you can actually drill and tap it if needed.

I'll bring it if I can find it.

i moved my spider gears around locking 2 of them together!
Old 05-19-2007, 07:16 PM   #146
Rock Crawler

Just to maybe help with directions:

When you are on 286 and you see a sign for Challenger Racetrack you are getting very close.

You actually want to turn onto McIntyre Rd. (which goes to the track), which is across from the Golden Pheasant lounge.

Just a short way down the road you will pass the entrance to the track on your right.

As you go around the bend in the road you will see a sigh for Coal Road which will be a left hand turn across a small bridge.

Stay on the main road and follow it to the Post Office and Fire Hall. There is an unpaved parking lot across from it...we'll meet there.

I will be there at 8:30am. Look for my black, lifted F-150. Probably too rainy to ride my bike.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:17 PM   #147

i hate to sh*t on everyones day but its raining cats and dogs out side .........
knock on wood it stops .........
so when will we call it a rain date? Im not big on standing on wet rocks and leaves ....i dont know how everyone else feels...
:-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(
i wanna crawl ....maybe if that place where the monster jam was is still set up we could crwl there instead of in the rain.....whats everyone think? i thought the guy who did that crawled in the club..im not sure

the mushroom farm is what im talking about

Last edited by phat crawler; 05-19-2007 at 09:24 PM.
phat crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 09:46 PM   #148
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER View Post
CRAP!!!!! well guys, i definately won't be able to make this event tommorrow! i currently have a house emergency, i have to rebuild my back steps going up to where we park at!!!! looks like i'm going to be doing that all weekend... PLUS, my beadlocks haven't arrived here yet, either! so even if i didn't have to build new steps, i wouldn't have any wheels for my truck!!!

so is there any chance we can have some kind of meeting somewhere so i can pay dues, and get the info? i'm sure i'm not the only one that's not going to be able to make it tommorrow.....
We can hook up...I am in bridgeville a lot...
Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 09:47 PM   #149
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99chevyZR2 View Post
hey guys. im having a little trouble. im not sure how to connect the steering link to the servo and im also having trouble locking out the rear axle. i was wandering if i brought all the parts i need to fix that if you guys could help me finish it. other than that everything is all coming along pretty well. all i have left to do is drill some holes so i can mount the tranny and then mount the electronics. i have a roller now. im so excited about tomorrow and i would really appreciate it if you guys can help me out on sunday. this is my first crawler and im not sure excatly how do do everything yet and would like some help from more experienced guys in the fine sport of rccrawling. talk to you guys later, Andrew
That is what we are here for...
Old 05-19-2007, 09:56 PM   #150
Pebble Pounder

what time are we going to call it a rain date?????

john and lewis, even if we call it a rain date me and hazzy would like to meet up to get our parts.

Last edited by razor rc; 05-19-2007 at 09:59 PM.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:58 PM   #151
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by phat crawler View Post
Im not big on standing on wet rocks and leaves ....i dont know how everyone else feels...
try sitting ball deep in a mud bog at smithton hole. (in the deep end too)
Old 05-19-2007, 10:05 PM   #152
Rock Crawler

Right now it's just a light drizzle. 12:15am

The major rain hit a good while ago.

I'm about 25 minutes from the spot.

There is a canopy of trees so if it is a light rain the trees should help.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:26 PM   #153
Pebble Pounder

guys i have bad news. i cant make it tomorrow. my dads truck is acting up and my mom has to use her truck to go somewhere tomorrow. well i guess it might be nice to have a rain date for once. sorry guys. maybe if we have a rain date i can make it.
99chevyZR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 11:57 PM   #154
Quarry Creeper

Default Be Thare

We Will Be Thare Scatterd Showers Big Deal Sunday Sunday Sunday Be Thare !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LEWIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 12:44 PM   #155
Pebble Pounder

hey lewis,

thanks again for the body, tires, and wheels.

those dang moabs grip (on dry rocks)
Old 05-20-2007, 04:00 PM   #156
I wanna be Dave

Hey team,
It is now official. No more "Practice Comps". From now on the runs count towards the points series challenge. Anyone that was not at this GTG, I will be emailing you on some housecleaning issues. It is real important to check your email tomorrow and respond ASAP.

Now for a recap...My legs are killing me!!!

Great rock layouts but the holes are endless. Who did we lose in the holes??? (STEVESTOCK, bustedcrawler, joen007, LEWIS...) Here are some pics... Sorry I don't have a lot...seems the battery died halfway through the 2.2 comp.

Make sure that you post any great pics you have and upload them to PB.

I gutted all the electronics in the Super and starting over. Figured I will do it now to give me time. SW2 is still tried and true. I will post standings soon.

MZ_Rubby...I will do it this time...I know you were in a hurry to get out of there.

Bustedcrawler "I am not going to let this hole beat me, I am not going to let this hole beat me, I am not going to let this hole beat me, I am not going to let this hole beat me."

It was great seeing everyone again...See you on the first Summer Points Series Comp on JUNE 10TH...
Old 05-20-2007, 04:37 PM   #157
I wanna be Dave

Points Standings

Of course this is just a practice run but it gives you an idea of where you ended up.

Great fun

Old 05-20-2007, 09:19 PM   #158
Quarry Creeper

Default W.Pa.C. GTG 5-20-07 PICS

Bring On The Comps
Attached Images

Last edited by LEWIS; 05-20-2007 at 09:48 PM.
LEWIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 11:31 PM   #159

hey guys good gtg today..............im glad it didnt rain
phat crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 06:57 AM   #160
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rckcrwlr View Post
We can hook up...I am in bridgeville a lot...

I'm also one who needs to get you my dues and get the info. I'll have to keep you updated. I'm working an insane sched. between pgh. and Michigan. I know for sure I'll be in town at the end of next week and will make June 10 no matter what. I'm 2 min. from Bridgeville.
DRCMAN is offline   Reply With Quote