Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Pennsylvania

Notices

Thread: W.Pa.C. Summer Series Comp #2 (July 15th)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2007, 12:20 PM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer4Life View Post
I am going to try and make it up. I will be running a 2.2 and my son will run his 2.2. He is only 4, but he drives really well. I hope this will be okay. He and I can go last if need be!!

A couple questions a few other guys had before coming up!!

Cost to enter?

Exact directions?

Bathrooms and food/drink places close by?

Also...for those that want to run more than one truck. My suggestion would be to bring some extra markers and leave them on the courses after there done. Then after the comp, you and others can hang out and run your other trucks for fun. I'll bring a couple extra truck too!!

Thanks
Tom
Tom,
Your son is more than welcome. Bring the whole family. Especially at Ohiopyle, there is a lot to do.

Cost to enter? $3.00 per Rig for Members, $5.00/ for non-members. Your son doesn't need to pay, of course. Membership is $20 and you get a free shirt and decals (Best Deal). Extra shirts are $9.00 for members.

Exact directions?
W.Pa.C. Pike Island Dam Yorkville, Oh GTG April 29th

Bathrooms and food/drink places close by? The woods...Bring your own stuff. We will have a break in between runs for lunch and swap meet.

Look forward to meeting you and your son.

John
Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2007, 02:17 PM   #62

i will be there for sure but i dont kno about my brother (razor rc) he might be just starting work at our boy scout camp that day but im sure he will let you kno better
hazzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:40 PM   #63
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rckcrwlr View Post
Tom,
Your son is more than welcome. Bring the whole family. Especially at Ohiopyle, there is a lot to do.

Cost to enter? $3.00 per Rig for Members, $5.00/ for non-members. Your son doesn't need to pay, of course. Membership is $20 and you get a free shirt and decals (Best Deal). Extra shirts are $9.00 for members.

Exact directions?
W.Pa.C. Pike Island Dam Yorkville, Oh GTG April 29th

Bathrooms and food/drink places close by? The woods...Bring your own stuff. We will have a break in between runs for lunch and swap meet.

Look forward to meeting you and your son.

John
Hopefully we will make it!

Thanks
Tom
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:33 PM   #64
Quarry Creeper

John your directions in your last post are incorrect. The left accross the bridge is suposed to be a right. Don't want anyone getting lost like the last time.

Here are the correct directions to the dam. If you have any questions just send me a pm.

Coming in from Washington, Pa you would follow 70w to Wheeling Island exit 0. Go straight until you cross the bridge into Ohio. Make the right turn just past the bridge to 7n. Follow 7n to Pattons Run/Picoma Road exit. Go right off the exit to the stop sign by the manure plant. Make a left across the train tracks then turn left onto old Ohio 7 and follow it about 1/2 mile to the dam entrance.

If your coming across 22w take the Ohio 7s exit follow 7s until you see the Pattons Run/Picoma Road exit. Go left off the exit to the stop sign by the manure plant. Make a left across the train tracks then turn left onto old Ohio 7 and follow it about 1/2 mile to the dam entrance.
polyophio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:04 PM   #65
Pebble Pounder

i will be there i have to still go through alot of stuff yet for it for ex. application, work permit, and interview.

so i will be there. but ill still be running the moabs from lewis

I WANT MY ROCK CLAWS!!!!!!!!!!! :-(
razor rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:13 AM   #66

im glad to see that someone in the club can read a rule book cause i was geeting frustrated with this rule stuff but im glad to see as many rigs can run as someone wants . for everyone to read i never meant to bring the club down in anyway or hurt someones feelings. i just cant wait to run i hope the people setting the couarse up arnt pre-running it to try to get a advantage since that seemed to be a big concern with running 2 rigs.

Last edited by phat crawler; 07-06-2007 at 10:16 AM.
phat crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:33 PM   #67
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by phat crawler View Post
i hope the people setting the couarse up arnt pre-running it to try to get a advantage since that seemed to be a big concern with running 2 rigs.
Courses are being set-up by "eye" only. Meaning there are no trucks what so ever on the course during set-up. IF during set up someone questions a gates ability to be completed, then a rig will be used. However, this rig will be driver by some one OTHER than the driver, and that person, preferably, does not compete in that class.

Example: LEWIS does not compete in supers, so if someone challenge a super gate he would be driving someone's super truck.

Also, there are 4 of us setting up gates and making sure that none of the gates favor our trucks.
bustedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:04 PM   #68

i think the course setup people should alternate through the club and the same people are not doing it over and over again. this way it is fair and everyone gets to try to setup a coarse .....
Old 07-06-2007, 06:14 PM   #69
Quarry Creeper

Angry Over It

it is what is if u whant to get up @ the but *** crack of dawn be my guess. but no one has complained yet. thare is no crying in crawling.
LEWIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 06:58 PM   #70
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by phat crawler View Post
i think the course setup people should alternate through the club and the same people are not doing it over and over again. this way it is fair and everyone gets to try to setup a coarse .....

The reason it seems like the same people is because nobody else gets there early enough! Get your *** out of bed and get there early and you can set up too!

I help set up in Clune, Apollo (which was the one I hosted) and the one at the Ohio dam. As always, John and Steve were there too.

If my plans hadn't changed, I'd most likely have been there early to help at our first Comp...it was the first one I missed since we started.

Whoever lives close to the area should try and get there early to help out...that's the way we've been doing it.
mascman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:28 PM   #71
Quarry Creeper

Angry B..ch and moan! B..ch and moan!

OMG! It's a freakin hobby
DRCMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:41 PM   #72
RCC Addict

i was just wanting to know if anyone was going to AB Charles at all tommorrow, and how lat you all going to be there? i can't come til later in the day, i have chores at home to do...
STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:48 PM   #73
Quarry Creeper

So, am I going to have to bring a couple pairs of boxing gloves next week?:neutral:
polyophio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:39 PM   #74

there is to much fighting in here we need to chill cause boxing gloves aint getting noone anywhere

Last edited by phat crawler; 07-07-2007 at 08:30 AM.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:05 PM   #75
I wanna be Dave

I think everyone needs to take a chill!!

I for one would like to see this thread deleted and restarted. I am not a part of you club, however I am going to come and crawl with you guys. You guys may want to find another place to air issues!!

These are my thoughts and I am not trying to offend anyone. I just think this bickering back and forth is a bad image for a new club. I am not saying you shouldn't have open discussions about issue's, but there may be a better place for it.

Keep in mind that this is a hobby for fun. We are playing with toy cars!!

Thanks
Tom
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 09:57 AM   #76

no, issues need to be talked out on the forum so everyone can read not in private messages and the bickering back and fourth is starting to get stupid along with someone bringing gloves to a meet if someone is looking for a fist fight this aint the place to do it!!!!! :-( :-(
Old 07-07-2007, 10:56 AM   #77
I wanna be Dave

I asked that this end. Put it to bed. Phat you promised me when I did you that favor that it would not happen again.

Drop it now.

Sincerely,
John
Old 07-07-2007, 11:26 AM   #78
Quarry Creeper

Default got a 2.2

ya thats right got a wheely king well it was a wheely king its a 2.2 so bring it on the 15th. i did the wheely king thred on the home page . see evey one soon. i think we are going up to some ware that john whent to yesterday ? matt nows ware. u now buster
LEWIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 11:49 AM   #79
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEWIS View Post
ya thats right got a wheely king well it was a wheely king its a 2.2 so bring it on the 15th. i did the wheely king thred on the home page . see evey one soon. i think we are going up to some ware that john whent to yesterday ? matt nows ware. u now buster
Nope, Yorkville is where it will be. I just spent two days looking for other places. Found a place at McConnells Mill and a possiblity in New Castle. I would say just GTG's initially.

See everyone next week.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:59 AM   #80

i am being good u need to talk to other members wit there smart a$$ remarks i tried to be decent my last 2 post and all i get is sh#t from everyone about being late. all i said was we need other people setting the coarses up other than the same people it dont have to be me it could be anyone else.