Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Rally

Notices

Thread: Tamiya tt02 with eagle racing suspension

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2013, 09:28 AM   #1

Default Tamiya tt02 with eagle racing suspension

Hi guys,
A little while back, I picked up the new tt02 as a complement to my xv01.
Initially, I had planned to leave it pretty much stock, but the lack of adjustability sort of annoyed me a wee bit...

So when I saw that eagle racing had released a suspension kit for the tt02, I thought I would try it out.

A quick trip to Super rajicon in Akihabara netted me (for 40US$) said kit

The kit comes with everything needed...turnbuckles, universals, diff outdrives, hardware and of course the suspension.
The quality is actually very good, the suspension arms are made of GRP and very hard...(maybe a bit too hard, but so far no problems though)
A nice touch is that you get changeable inserts for caster and rear toe,
You can choose between 8,12 or 16 degrees caster and 1, 2 or 3 degrees rear toe, also you can play around with the ackermann if you want.
The only letdown is the instructions, all in Japanese and not very clear, but all in all a nice bit of kit!

Installing it didn't cause any problems and when assembled everything is nice and tight, very little slop

Now, since this a rally car, we want a bit of ride height and this kit certainly delivers!
Fully jacked up, we're looking at around 32mm!...but normal ride height is around 20mm and with the chassis very close to bottoming out, we have 30mm of useful suspension travel

I installed the electronics...stock motor, an old keyence ecs and a futaba 3003 servo and took it for its maiden run...

So how does it drive?
Very well!!...My initial settings were as follows:
Ride height: 21mm
Front: caster 16 degrees, toe 0 degree camber -1, oil 450# with medium hard springs (xv01 spring set0
Rear: toe -3 degrees, camber -2, oil 400# with soft springs
Tires: Rally block with soft molded inserts
Track: The local park and parking lot

Speed wise, well, even with Tamiya's speed gear set and a 22t pinion it's not going to blow you away, but the handling is going to surprise you

Under power it pushes a bit, but much less than i had expected, let go of the throttle and it is is very neutral.
Turn, brake and the rear steps out rather gently...

The suspension copes well with dips and bumps, but it could be better...I need to play around with oil and springs.

So all in all, it handles very well, very easy to drive!
At least with stock motor, it may change with a hotter motor though I only plan to put a 17.5t brushless in it.

How does it compare to the xv01?
Well, the xv has the edge in turn in and it feels a bit more "agile".
Also, the xv has proper sealed diffs compared to the fully "open" ones on the 02.
For running on a normal 1/10 track, I would give the edge to the 02, but for a very technical scale rally track, the xv would be better.

I'll post some picture later...right now we have a rather big typhoon approaching Tokyo, have to prepare for that!
viking252200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2013, 01:47 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Tamiya tt02 with eagle racing suspension

Good luck with the typhoon.

Super rajikon looks like a very big hobby shop. I don't believe we have anything like it here in the states.
monkeymagic9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tamiya tt02 with eagle racing suspension - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
esp 3 racing chassis and suspension??? Bob Moore Tamiya Clod Buster 9 03-03-2009 03:19 AM
tamiya suspension stays tony1 HPI Wheely King 6 10-16-2007 11:24 AM