Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Rally

Notices

Thread: Just pulled the trigger on KB WR8!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2015, 01:50 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Just pulled the trigger on KB WR8!!

Heard a lot of good things about these...almost bought kyosho fazer but love the fiesta body...so I bought the 1/8 wr8 flux

I'm new to the rally scene...I've been in rock crawler thing for quite some time, I've got a fairly modded wraith and need a little break...so here I am!

So what are the go to upgrades for these things? Mine is I guess a RTR ...so , is there any major upgrades I should get? I'm excited to try this thing out...

Thanks in advance ,guys!
87yota is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2015, 06:28 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Just pulled the trigger on KB WR8!!

they are great out of the box .. alum front hubs and steering knuckles , adjustable turn buckles and that's it .. had mine for well over 1 1/2 years still a beast . bearings and tires are all you have to really keep up with .. and in my time I have only done bearings like 3 times .. and I run mine a lot . im using integy alum parts for the to front mods .. work fine for me . everything els is strong. you will blow out a shock here or there and a front control arm or so .. but that's about it
hpi super nitro slicks work on wr8 wheels and are fun for the street btw .. and keep you from burning up those tarmac tires and they slid around alittle more for fun street racing.

have fun and beat the shit out of it .. it can take it
going2fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 01:19 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Nice! Glad to hear I made a good choice...I was gonna order integy aluminum suspension upgrade kit from tower hobbies...good move? And I'm kinda confused on tire thing...they different sizes right? I think the one I got comes w rally tires... I'd like a set of nice drifting tires...and also being that gluing tires is gonna be new thing to me, what kind of glue should I use? Any tips for ensuring good hold? Thanks for help! And I'll post pics once I get it! I know it's a rally car but man I'm excited !
Old 04-22-2015, 10:34 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I wouldn't get the hole alum kit..will hurt more that help and makes the car sloppy ..ill post links of tires to get and just purple foam safe tire glue. glue one side at a time and let them dry before doing other side of tire.. works well
Old 04-22-2015, 12:22 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

EBay is your friend. Lots of cheap parts to be had there.

Tappa who?
pixelnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 02:29 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I kinda figured if it ain't broke, don't mess with it! Glad I didn't order integy stage one kit...if it's like all their other stuff based on past experiences, its probably not worth it! I'll just keep stock plastics...and spares...and bearings...

Well I got it at 1:30pm yesterday and have already ran 5 packs through it at full speed, and all I've got to say is....wow!

I can't believe I didn't get one of these sooner! This thing is like a rocket and very easy to control, the 3S definitely brings it to life! The Tarmac tires are pretty decent too! It took a few hard shots and like you guys said it took it like a champ! I do think I want to upgrade the shocks,and steering bellcrank...other than that I love it!
Old 04-30-2015, 07:28 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Lol...ok...I've had it now for about a week or so...geez, this really brings out the little kid in me....I've already killed the first set of tires(yes I know rough asphalt is a killer) broke two body mounts, snapped rear hub off, broke the front c hub and upper link...now mind you...I was beating this thing like red headed stepchild....gotta say this car is pretty darn tough...

So I guess I'll start upgrading a little,lol....can't resist...I ordered aluminum suspension kit and some rally tires and wheels...so I guess begs the question is how can I make it go faster? Can this motor be tweaked a little more? I thought it said somewhere it is compatible with the castle link? It's just such a blast to drive and it is everything everyone said it was...I just want to make it go faster than 60mph if possible...what would be a good option motor wise if I wanted to run like 6s in it? Can the car even handle that? Lol...I'd sure like to find out!
Old 05-03-2015, 05:44 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

well...I've got few upgrades done...had to use some shims to tighten things up a little but it rides here's few pics...sorry for dirty car...was drifting in backyard which is a dustbowl,haha

Old 05-06-2015, 09:11 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

looken good.. I have same steering blocks and knuckles .
Old 05-06-2015, 07:44 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

yeah it seems to make sense to upgrade the knuckles being that I've snapped 3of them,lol

Just pulled the trigger on KB WR8!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pulled the trigger 4X4 Freak Axial Yeti 0 12-03-2014 07:46 PM
Pulled the trigger....she is on the way. Desert Rc Axial Wraith 10 09-07-2011 04:54 AM
pulled the trigger 501 Team Losi Comp Crawler 14 12-27-2010 12:03 PM
well I pulled the trigger. bastard Chit Chat 15 03-17-2010 01:30 PM
Pulled the trigger smokediver Axial AX-10 Scorpion 18 03-07-2010 03:07 AM