Old 08-16-2009, 06:03 AM   #81
I wanna be Dave

This is what I've cooked up...
Attached Images

run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2009, 10:43 PM   #82
I wanna be Dave

Well I had my first comp with the new rig and I must say I am very pleased and adapting pretty good with the new setup. But for how short of a time I really had with it--I was able to pull off a 5th place out of 36 drivers with one course a perfect score where 2/3 of the field had DNF's.... I also beforehand went and swapped my tie rod on top of the knuckles and I also had zero failures with it..

crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:25 AM   #83
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
This is what I've cooked up...
Awesome! I want one. Seriously though, I would buy one. Make it a full kit to replace the rc4wd steering kit. I prefer the servo lay flat compared to stand up. Next, prebent bully specific upper and lower links. Im havin a hell of a time layin em out. Make em thick enough to mount the shocks to the lowers to bypass the lower mounts using tlt brackets. Im so frusterated I contemplated flippin both axles.

EDIT: Oops, just saw your link packages on your web site. Are the lowers in stock or are they pre-order? It says both.

Last edited by Ripperfi; 08-19-2009 at 12:33 AM.
Ripperfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:05 PM   #84
I wanna be Dave

I had some down time while I was waiting for parts for a rig in the shop..

But I got my parcatice area redone with new added material..

Old 08-21-2009, 12:15 AM   #85
I wanna be Dave

I my new updated front axle parts today. Perfect timing as I am going to revamp a few things and I want to tear both axles down, inspect and lube them up..

Old 08-22-2009, 08:30 PM   #86
I wanna be Dave

So since I had to tear the front apart for the upgraded knucle parts--I figured I would go ahead and tear both completely down to see what the internals look like and also lube them up with my special lube I made. For those who haven't had a bully completely apart--simple setup.

Old 08-22-2009, 08:36 PM   #87
I wanna be Dave

Well, me being me I wanted to improve the rig some more--tinker and try some new things. One thing that the rig did not do what I was hoping--sidehill quite as good as I was hoping. So I had been contiplating the lipo on the rear axle--well the G3 1100MAp 3 cell packs I got not only fit into the chassis very nicely--they also fit the rear housing beautifly. So I went ahead and built a battery holder. what I did different from the ones you can purchase--I built it with a lip at the outer edge to help protect the lipo. With my olt TLT shafty I had the lipo on the front axle and on aggressive courses the lipo did take some dents--this shoul help with this.

Damn thing could not fit any better. I was going to order some G3 1800MAh packs--but with the good run times I am getting with these and how well they fit--I am going to order a couple more of these 1100 packs

Old 08-22-2009, 08:42 PM   #88
I wanna be Dave

So I got the front together with the new updated parts. For those of you who have ordered them--or thinking of doing so---the front is now VERY tight--VERY nice and well worth the $25. Mine was never tight from day one---but regardless do it..

So another thing I am changing--is the steering again. I am going with the first mount I made--but redid the extensions from the axle to the mount since I got my cutter dialed in for these small parts.. But the one reason I went away from this setup was due to horn damage or servo damage from the horn being hit--so I came up with a game plan--time will tell if it works. But of course I am alot lighter in the front so there won't be as much weight smacking the horn when upside down. But in any case I made this..

Old 08-22-2009, 08:47 PM   #89
I wanna be Dave

And here is what that part does.

If it looks like it might bend on very hard hits--it would be extreemly easy to run a small extension from the back of the protector to the upper link mount.. But I am pretty sure it will do its intended job..
Old 08-22-2009, 08:51 PM   #90
I wanna be Dave

And of course--I had to redo the electronics. It was trickier than expected to get them down into the belly of the rig--I had to resolder all of the leads at the punk dig switch and ESC--but it all turned out as I wanted.

I took it out and tested it---it definately sidehills better now--and everything else worked great as before--happy with it once again..
Old 08-23-2009, 09:04 PM   #91
I wanna be Dave

Well I have made the diecision--I am going to swap out to some HH 35 turn motors. I have tried and tried but there is no way these 454 pullers are going to be as smooth as the HH35t. Also the clod stall compared to both motors is definately noticable. I spent some time running JB's berg with HH35t's---and they are so smooth compared to the 454's..
Old 08-23-2009, 11:11 PM   #92
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashfab View Post
Well I have made the diecision--I am going to swap out to some HH 35 turn motors. I have tried and tried but there is no way these 454 pullers are going to be as smooth as the HH35t. Also the clod stall compared to both motors is definately noticable. I spent some time running JB's berg with HH35t's---and they are so smooth compared to the 454's..

yeah I knew my 454's were not gonna work for me the first day I ran them...I sold them and have 2 HH40t's coming instead...great little strong motors forsure!!! but just too fast for me.
53 willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:22 PM   #93
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53 willys View Post
yeah I knew my 454's were not gonna work for me the first day I ran them...I sold them and have 2 HH40t's coming instead...great little strong motors forsure!!! but just too fast for me.
I never had a problem with wheel speed--it was the lag so to speak on take off.. I spent about 20 minutes running my buddies berg--and the thing ran like silk--alot more control in those situations when you were trying to graze a gate, or trying to grab that little hook with your tire...
Old 08-23-2009, 11:34 PM   #94
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashfab View Post
I never had a problem with wheel speed--it was the lag so to speak on take off.. I spent about 20 minutes running my buddies berg--and the thing ran like silk--alot more control in those situations when you were trying to graze a gate, or trying to grab that little hook with your tire...
yeah I know what your saying...but the speed is the problem..thats why they have such bad stall compared to the regular can motors...and the stall is random and all over the place..I could not even tune it out with my 4pk...good hand wounds are hard to beat!!
53 willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:59 PM   #95
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53 willys View Post
yeah I know what your saying...but the speed is the problem..thats why they have such bad stall compared to the regular can motors...and the stall is random and all over the place..I could not even tune it out with my 4pk...good hand wounds are hard to beat!!
Between the ESC and radio--I was able to predict mostly on the clod stall--but you really want to have the thing be constant. Making an order in the am for more goodies
Old 08-23-2009, 11:59 PM   #96
I wanna be Dave

And to add--I got to really test out the horn protector---worked like a champ!
Old 08-29-2009, 09:07 PM   #97
I wanna be Dave

Well I got my new HH 35t handwounds yesterday and threw them in today. And wow what a difference--smooth like butter and the clod stall is not near as bad---I was happy with the change over.... One thing I did notice I had to increase the dead band in the esc...
Old 09-01-2009, 08:54 AM   #98
I wanna be Dave

I just love mondays

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j06try_2feI
Old 09-01-2009, 10:25 AM   #99
Rock Crawler

Nice clip Crash. Where is that place? It looks like a good spot for another gtg.
Diamond D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:37 AM   #100
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond D View Post
Nice clip Crash. Where is that place? It looks like a good spot for another gtg.
In a place called big eddy. Its just east of my place off highway 2. First right after you go over high bridge(just past the reiter road turn off).

Its a fun spot--but there are alot of gaps in the rocks and only a few areas that you can crawl for a distance. I told JB if he wants to head up one evening to let me know...