Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Bully

Notices

Thread: Krakkers F-10 TAG. new ground.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2009, 03:41 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eye View Post
Nice Build, I LOVE THE CHASSIS I will be starting my Bully TAG build this weekend so i will look at the link thing. If you need any TAG Line products for you chassis just let me know.

Thanks
Aaron
The TAG is a SWEET MOA chassis. Check the link issue, I think Bully owners need a set of mildly bent links to fix this small quirk.
I'm up for testing if anyones up for bending.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2009, 04:21 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by papabash View Post
I was noticing that on my Bully also. I wanted the rear motor clocked up for better clearance on the rocks, but then the links hit the case on one side. I straightened it out some, but it still hits a little at full compression. :-( May have to put a little bend in mine too.
Here is how I corrected the problem on my bully and now there are no clearance issues. The are old lower bent links I cut shorter. Derlin would work great too only needs a slight bend shouldn't be hard. Hope it helps.

RCROCIN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:55 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Well, I got the new R2j, links on today and the chassis all back to a roller. All that's left is to wire the motors and install a servo and mount. Then comes the shake down run. Flex is right where I want it and the shaft mounted springs are perfect. Here's some pics before the body goes on.
Attached Images

Old 11-06-2009, 11:15 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

What are those new wheels you snuck in on us? Look killer, like those rings!
papabash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:38 PM   #25
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakker View Post
I think Bully owners need a set of mildly bent links to fix this small quirk.I'm up for testing if anyones up for bending.
I use a tubing bender and a heat gun. You only need that slight bend, just don't over heat the Delrin. Leave in the bender to cool a few seconds and your good to go. Heat bead repeat
R2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 05:38 AM   #26
RCC Addict

I have had to bend my upper links about 5 degrees on most chassis with the Bully's in order to clear the gearboxes. IF you are running 1/4" delrin for the uppers, I might recommend reinforcing the links with something as the deflection of the material itself makes the links feel a little "bendy". If you start running 5/16" or larger diameter uppers, then the issues of the links hitting the gearboxes and limiting articulation increases with the link diameter. The answers to this are simple....reinforce the link first before bending it. This allows you to run a 1/4" diameter delrin slightly bent link...thus limiting interference issues. Aaron knows what I am talking about.....he has seen my rig and how the links get done.
xirtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 08:45 AM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by papabash View Post
What are those new wheels you snuck in on us? Look killer, like those rings!
I call them Piranna's, I just cut the inner ring out of a set of stock Axial wheels to get the "tooth" look. they are my girls wheels and I just wanted to see how my foam setup would work. Make the rovers pretty tall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2j View Post
I use a tubing bender and a heat gun. You only need that slight bend, just don't over heat the Delrin. Leave in the bender to cool a few seconds and your good to go. Heat bead repeat
I think I'm going to switch out to some metal ones that are thin but still bend them. Your links are killer so far. I might add a long REVO end at the axle and trim back as I need to get the right angle on the front.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xirtic View Post
I have had to bend my upper links about 5 degrees on most chassis with the Bully's in order to clear the gearboxes. IF you are running 1/4" delrin for the uppers, I might recommend reinforcing the links with something as the deflection of the material itself makes the links feel a little "bendy". If you start running 5/16" or larger diameter uppers, then the issues of the links hitting the gearboxes and limiting articulation increases with the link diameter. The answers to this are simple....reinforce the link first before bending it. This allows you to run a 1/4" diameter delrin slightly bent link...thus limiting interference issues. Aaron knows what I am talking about.....he has seen my rig and how the links get done.
I was thinking about going with the delrin tube over threaded rod but wanted to keep weight down as much as possible so I'm opting for some thinner metal links.
I am how ever going to contact you about that sick servo mount you've got. "The Eye", recommended looking you up for that one and sent me a link with your build. VERY cool. That's the one I want.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:06 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

i use 8/32 all threads with srink-to-fet tubing over them with a slight bend your rig looks great....

i like those front shock springs...if you could pm me on what they are....or not.... i will understand..secret stuff and all...

Last edited by samaruki; 11-07-2009 at 10:16 AM.
samaruki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:45 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Up dates with the body and the Berg wheels. The Chisels barely touch now, I'd like to narrow these wheels in the future. I'm really bumbed tho about the body. I did up a really nice C-10 crawler body, but with the small amount of electronics on the top tray of the chassis, it sits all jacked. So I just remounted the old body. I kinda like how it's perportioned to the rig versus the C-10, but the Chevy is just cool.
The servo is not mounted, I'm awaiting a "special" unit that will be in production soon. (again, Top Secret, but you'll like'm when they hit the forum) Anyways, I took a bunch of pics on my test course while I tested usual S.J.T. (stuff, Junk & Things) that a crawler will go through.
Weight distibution, break over, verticle and tip are outstanding so far, we'll se how things work when we are able to test dig, turning and push.
I think the MOA will definantly handle the crack better if a tire slips into it than the shaftties have. I got my first itch for MOA's after seeing how Harley's, Arch chassis Berg did on my course.
Attached Images

Last edited by Krakker; 11-08-2009 at 03:48 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:35 PM   #30
Rock Stacker

what size rod are those links?
3/8. 1/4.? or?
Jason S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:19 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason S View Post
what size rod are those links?
3/8. 1/4.? or?
They be 3/8's links from Shon, at R2j Kustoms. Nicely tappered athe Revo end. I did how ever use a "long" REVO end and cut it back about 1/8" on the front lowers to get the right angle for the steering linkage and keep the shock where I wanted it. It sets just at 12 1/4" and almost 10 1/2" wide. The Berg wheels make it wider but the chisels needed pushed out a bit to clear the shocks. With the shaft mounted springs tho, there will be NO shreading of the tires.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:26 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Ka-POW! Just scored a Futaba 3PK-S, off the bay with receiver and drop down wheel attachment for only $#^^%*. I know it sounds insane since I just got the dig setup done but I think I'm going to run dual FXRs, after talking to Josh (AKA Harley) for total control of the front and rear.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:35 AM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakker View Post
I think I'm going to run dual FXRs, after talking to Josh (AKA Harley) for total control of the front and rear.
Josh is the man... used his set-up for my 4pk.

Thanks for the springs you sent me i will let you know how they work. For now i am trying out this

" Traxxas big bore #4760/Losi mini springs #LOSB1117"

the only problem i am having is trying to keep the shocks from leaking out the oil. Can't try different weights of oil if it will not stay in the shock

Last edited by samaruki; 11-19-2009 at 10:38 AM.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:39 AM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaruki View Post
Josh is the man... used his set-up for my 4pk.

Thanks for the springs you sent me i will let you know how they work. For now i am trying out this

" Traxxas big bore #4760/Losi mini springs #LOSB1117"

the only problem i am having is trying to keep the shocks from leaking out the oil. Can't try different weights of oil if it will not stay in the shock
Try a little Associated GREEN SLIME to stop that leak.
xirtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:37 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

thanks Xirtic (Josh)

my LHS has some i will pick up some and try it thanks again TH
Old 11-23-2009, 07:52 PM   #36
I wanna be Dave

I'm a bit slack on the updates, but I'll say that the 3PKs, is an AWESOME radio and Extremely versatile where it comes to setup and adjustability. Even down to "launch control" and selecting any button to run any control I chose. I'll post up a pic this week at some point after my surgery tomorrow.
I gave it a shake down run on my private course with different sets of tires and so far the X-locks are in the lead with the Chisel close behind. (almost even with it is the Rover) but the TAG chassis and the way everthing is positioned in it makes over coming obstacles effortlessly COOL!
So far all the parts BUT the TP 995 servo have proven to work well together. I've run several 995's in the past but this one has got a serious issue with some gear teeth. The remedy? Order up a Hitec 7950 TG, with 486 oz at 7.4 volts. Yea Haw!!! A new top plate will be made for the TAG chassis when another FXR arrives. Having the ability to mix between to different ESCs for bias control is the cats meow. The dig setup alone for MOAs is worlds above a shafty, and a 2nd ESC will be stage 2. Stay Tuned! This build is AWESOME!!!!
Old 11-23-2009, 08:35 PM   #37
WWW.THEROXBOX.COM

Done yet .................. are you done yet ................

We are glad you like the TAG chassis. Farmer and I both run a 4pk and dual FXR's. It is a great setup.

Keep up the great build, and Thanks for the kind words.
The Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:48 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

hey krakker,,everything ok? what surgery? rig looks good.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:36 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eye View Post
Done yet .................. are you done yet ................

We are glad you like the TAG chassis. Farmer and I both run a 4pk and dual FXR's. It is a great setup.

Keep up the great build, and Thanks for the kind words.
I pimp what I'm impressed with! Simple but so precise in usable space and function.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
hey krakker,,everything ok? what surgery? rig looks good.
Just getting a nose job. lol Nothing cosmetic, just cleaning up the inside of a nostral so I can breath better and not chain saw the house down when I sleep.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:30 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

hey krakker,,i just went up a few posts and looked at your set up,,the skid plate would have to be cut in the middle for the Y-links,,,since they are single point center mount at the skid,,other than that,,i would need a hole to hole length of your lower links as they are right now,,and the distance from the outside of the lower link mounts,,i believe the lower link mounts are right at 1/4" wide,,and i already know the bolt center width across the axle where the mounts bolt down,,,but i need the width across the mounts just to make sure,,,let me know,,thomas
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote