Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Bully

Notices

Thread: the start of my light weight bully build thanks to TedBull

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2012, 04:28 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: the start of my light weight bully build thanks to TedBull

I'm not sure about the body yet I have a Jconcepts illuzion stage killer but I hacked it up pretty good I doubt its comp legal. So I'll have to start looking for one.
laxjj14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2012, 05:13 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Well I sent out my dx6i to get serviced and the left stick return to center mod and some rx's to horizon hobby to get serviced. I also couldn't decide on a body and I found a t1e chassis in the for sale section so I'm gonna run that for now. Only thing is, is that the wheel base with the links I have is about 12.25in compressed and just under 12in. I also got a new set of shoes for it some red dot boss claws. I bought some polycarbonate to make body panels out of. I also made a place to put my battery I front of the skid.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Get some Jato rod ends to replace the revos and it will get you to length.
josh6575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:17 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

So like I said I shipped out my dx6i and four Ar6100e's to horizon hobby to get serviced and they got them on 6/1 and shipped them out on 6/5 so i got home to a huge box and was wondering why it was such a big box wheni shipped it out it was a box that the dx6i fit in perfectly. So i proceeded to open the box and the service slip is on top and the first thing i read is in the spirit of customer service your dx6i and four rx's have all been replaced with new free of charge. they also did the left stick mod for me and a couple other mods. Horizon hobby has a great customer service. the rx's are ar6115e now i just need to bind them and start crawling. I got some new lipos from hobbyking i have to try out the are zippy compact 35c 1000.i also got i turnigy ubec 15a but its much bigger than i expected so i doubt i will use it i have a cc 10a bec and a novak 5a bec but im not sure that they work i couldnt get the cc 10a to work on my cc programming kit.

Last edited by laxjj14; 06-08-2012 at 05:36 PM. Reason: adding info
Old 06-08-2012, 05:21 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

i uploaded some new pics also bully pictures by laxjj14 - Photobucket
Old 08-16-2012, 07:34 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

So the has been some changes to my bully. I clocked the front tubes still working on the servo mount and steering links though. I got a dx3r and dual sidewinders and a wantamix. I also just ordered a match pair of team brood specters. I'm having some problems getting the sidewinders and wantamix to work with the dx3r for some reason the sidewinders won't arm I've tried flipping the connectors around on the rx and the wantamix and I've only been able to get one sidewinder to arm. If anyone has any pics of the wiring on the wantamix and rx that would help a lot. Thanks
Old 08-16-2012, 07:39 AM   #27
Quarry Creeper

I've also unhooked the wantamix and plugged the esc's into the rx to calibrate them and make sure they work and they do. The settings for the sidewinders are they same also.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:34 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Well I received my brood motors yesterday they look great. I'm sending out my dx3r to get serviced and I'm working on a steering link and servo mount for my clocked tubes then I can put it back together and try it out with my dx6i til my dx3r gets back.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:42 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

I switched out my escs and now am running two micro sidewinders with my dx6i and a mix so the left stick is 4 wheel drive and right stick is rear wheel and with a flip of a switch the left stick is front dig and i can use the left and right stick to get them spinning at different speeds. Im loving the new motors the low speed is much smoother and they have plenty of top end too. Only thing about the dx6i is that my steering doesnt turn as far as it does with the dx3r but once i get my wantamix back from upgrades im gonna try using the dx3r again. Also my servo seem to glitch a little when the front tires arent on the ground. There is also a little slop in my servo but as ive read that happens with jr servos the glitching it just moves back and forth a little.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-08-2012, 06:19 AM   #30
I wanna be Dave

If you have EPA's on your steering (in the TX) set them to allow for more steering.

As to the motors, yes, Br00ds & Holmes Hobbies are better in the low speed, even the machine wounds compared to most other motors. High speed can have a bit more "snap" as well.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:25 AM   #31
Quarry Creeper

I have the epa set at 125%

Old 10-08-2012, 06:27 AM   #32
Quarry Creeper

125% is as far as it goes on the dx6i the dx3r goes to 150%

Old 10-08-2012, 08:21 AM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Another option is to use a longer servo arm, or move the drag link attach point out another hole on the existing arm (if you have other holes).

I'm usually at ~80% on my steering EPA's using GHRacing/Golden Horizons servo arms.
They are aluminum, clamping and I have yet to strip one. Almost as good as a Robitronics arm.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:23 PM   #34
Quarry Creeper

Well I got some derlin front tubes with axial C's and shaved light weight knuckles. I also drilled the gears and drilled out some weight from the gear cases and drilled out the inside of the rear tubes to loose some weight. I found some knuckle weights at rocks hardware. I got my wantamix's back from losikid and hooked one up and it worked with just adjusting the pots. Only thing is that the rear spins faster than the front and they have the same pinion. I'm running it on my dx3r and also the aux linear switch move 70 how do I change it so its less?

This is how it sits with the knuckle weights I found
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352589793.515946.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  59.7 KB
Old 11-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

These are what the knuckle weights look like

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352591096.651507.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  47.7 KB

I'm not sure how much I should clock the C's you can kinda see them in this pic should I go more or is this enough?
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352591356.219085.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  57.7 KB
Old 11-18-2012, 06:32 PM   #36

Nice I am thinking of running mine off of a dx7 for a little while todoes it work out ok
AndyGJorgensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:07 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

I liked using my dx6i once I got the mixing right but I'm using my dx3r and wantamix.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:26 AM   #38
Quarry Creeper

So my jr z9000t servo quit on me the other day so I found a hitec 7954sh after posting in the wanted section. I'm looking to get another back up servo and was looking to try savox 1230sg it's cheap and has a lot of torque was looking to get some feed back on both of these servos and maybe some other servos to look at. I've got a titanium gear coming for the 7954 that I got because the big 2 part gear was stripped where the gears met I called hitec and they said they would send me one. Thanks for your input.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:51 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Well i have many changes coming up just waiting on stuff to arrive from Vanquish products, dlux fab, hot racing, crawler innovations and 4pk from a member I'm hoping to lose some weight and get my rig in the 4lbs i would like the mid 4lbs but i should find out in the next week after all my parts arrive.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:16 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

So I've had most all of the stuff I ordered has came in I got a hall style chassis and lower link along with dlux fab 2.2 carbon fiber wheels which are really nice and easy to assemble. I got my new double deuce foams from crawler innovations. Vp hubs 725 and 400 I will be ordering some 800 also. I got some blue hollow aluminum balls for my rod ends. I'm just waiting on the 4pk I bought from a member to arrive. I assembled the wheels and put them onto my old setup and I dropped a lot of weight bringing my old setup from 5.4lbs to 4.6lbs so with the new chassis and links I'm thinking ill be just over 4lbs. Now I'm gonna have to wait a while to be able to test it out because I'm in New Hampshire and we have 8 or so inches of snow on the ground and I don't know of any indoor spots around here.

Tags
bully, lightweight bully, rc4wd