Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Bully

Notices

Thread: the start of my light weight bully build thanks to TedBull

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 10:00 AM   #61
Rock Crawler

Default Re: the start of my light weight bully build thanks to TedBull

I did that not long ago but forgot to take pictures with measurements so I can't really help you...
Still it was easy to do, specially with a lathe ;)

Good luck and keep the pictures coming!
xkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #62
Quarry Creeper

I dont have a lathe so i was taking the pics for the person doing it for me

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
laxjj14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:35 AM   #63
Quarry Creeper

So I got a package in the mail the other day and couldn't wait to start putting it together. Eric from dluxfab hooked me up with all my new parts for the front end. New derlin berg width front tubes and servo mount and super bully shafts cut down to size for the new tubes and he also lathed some material of off the neck to add more steering. I also got new bearings from rc4wd and replaced them all in the front case i still have to do the back case though. Im also waiting on some super smashed sidewinder micros and a bec from chris the battery man which should drop some more wieght for me and today i received some new batteries from hobby partz I got some gens ace lipos that three are 2s 450mah 25c and i got three gens ace 3s 450mah 25c i couldn't believe how small they were when i opened the package up i bought a rowdy racing xr10 front axle battery mount that im gonna modify a little bit to work with me bully since i now have more room up front. the pictures of it on the scale are rtr minus the steering link which is going to get ordered this week probably along with new back upper links. Im also thinking about taking out three screws and spacers from each tire to drop some more weight. I cant wait to get this thing together and run it also im thinking about painting it black and red the lower half of the chassis will be red and the upper half black and im gonna paint the c hubs and knuckles red also and try to dye the rear derlin tubes black. im going to cover the hole in the front case with the same material the body panels are made from i did it to loose some weight and get more clearance for the steering link but now with the new axle tubes i dont need more clearance there.
Attached Images

Old 02-23-2013, 11:30 AM   #64
Rock Crawler

Damn, you really went all out with that front case!!

Your king pin screws ate 3mm?
Could you please help me out and tell me the size of the flanged bearing that you're using in the knuckles?

What's the hub size you're using in the front and in the rear?

I think you'll have a very nice car at the end!
Keep it up!
Old 02-23-2013, 02:03 PM   #65
Quarry Creeper

Ya I went a lil over board on the front case. The bearings are 8mmx3mm with a 4mm hole I got my rtr weight down to 4lbs 4.3oz with the 3s 450mah and with the 2s 450 mah its 4lbs 3.8oz which is pretty light if you ask me. I have to pick up some paint this week and hopefully by the end of next week ill have it running I'm excited to use it and my 4pk that I haven't used much.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:13 PM   #66
Quarry Creeper

I was able to make a temporary steering link out of an old link I had in my tool box I have to switch the batteries over to run deans also
Old 02-23-2013, 05:43 PM   #67
RCC Addict

Looks good. I would recommend shortening those upper links in the front to lower your motor. The whole front axle looks clocked way up?

Also, to take advantage of the Dlux tubes you should rotate the C's to the other set of holes. It will improve your turning radius a lot.
stubs179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:16 PM   #68
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubs179 View Post
Looks good. I would recommend shortening those upper links in the front to lower your motor. The whole front axle looks clocked way up?

Also, to take advantage of the Dlux tubes you should rotate the C's to the other set of holes. It will improve your turning radius a lot.
Which picture are you looking when your talking about the upper front links the last two pis have shorter links so it changes the position of the front axle quite a bit and rotating the c hubs how does that improve my turning radius I get full throw the way it is now I'm down to try it I'm just not sure how it would change the turning radius
Old 02-24-2013, 01:43 PM   #69
RCC Addict

Both.

Your knuckles just look really flat. The added castor helps the tires get better bit when turning. The tire doesn't actually turn any farther.

This is what I run.

stubs179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:44 AM   #70
Quarry Creeper

Oslo I shortened the front upper links 5mm and I tore the rear axle off and part to do some grinding on the case I was able to lose 4g off of it after I was done. Now I need to do the same to the front I couldn't find my digital camera so I had to use the IPad for pictures so they aren't great pics sorry the weights are without gears and bearings. I have more pics I can upload later from after I polished and painted it black.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364463740.903954.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  56.1 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364463758.751412.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  63.2 KB
Old 04-13-2013, 02:09 PM   #71
Quarry Creeper

painted the panels and took it to its first comp i didn't do so good it was the first comp i have ever been too though it was a lot different than what I'm used too. The springs on my shocks were way too stiff so one of the guys was nice enough to give me some silver mini t springs which helped out quite a bit. I'm waiting on some front mini t spring sets and front knuckle weights. I'm also going to try moving the electronics on to the front axle i also moved the front link mounts out as far as i could and moved the lower links and shocks to the inside of the mounts and it made the front movement flow a lot better. Ill post some pics later on in the week of the panels being completed.
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2013, 08:38 PM   #72
Rock Crawler

Where do you mount the battery?
On the front case?

You have the bug now so you'll just have to practice practice and practice!
Next comp you'll do better ;)
Old 04-14-2013, 01:36 PM   #73
Quarry Creeper

Ya i got a rowdy racing xr10 front axle mount and modified it to work on the front axle had to drill and tap some holes in the case I also just built a mount that I'm going to try on the back of the case I'm thinking of putting my electronics on it. The comp was fun it was over an hour away and the next couple of comps are almost 2 hours away so I doubt ill make it to one until they are closer.

Last edited by laxjj14; 04-14-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #74
Quarry Creeper

Well I haven't changed much on my bully but I went to a wedding in rhode island and decided to put my bully and 2.2s and tackle box of tools and parts I changed the 2 of the rims on my 2.2s that had broke and put it in the back seat. When we got to the hotel my fiancee asked where to put my 2.2s and I said just toss it in the back and the threw in right on to my bully I didn't notice till we got home Sunday night that she had done this and broke my chassis and a poly carb wheel I made to test. I've actually thought about selling the axles and focusing on my 2.2s til after the wedding if I can get a decent offer for the axles I will sell them.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
Attached Images

Old 08-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #75
I wanna be Dave

Jeeze! Did she toss your 2.2s rig or launch it out of a cannon?
Hittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:44 PM   #76
Quarry Creeper

Lol right I didn't think it would do anything but she pretty much threw it on top of it I wasn't happy and she said you told my to toss it in the back I didn't really mean throw it but not much I can do now I took it apart tonight and mounted it the the t1e chassis im thinking I might run it bodied once I get the wheelbase correct right now the back upper links are too long and the upper fronts are too short.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:08 PM   #77
Wanna get? Gotta want.

It breaks my heart everytime I see a broken Hall Style.....

From the pictures, it looks like something ate away at the poly carb? Crazy all that carnage came from somebody throwing another car on top. I guess I could see some cracking of the chassis but to break it in half and the wheels too? CRAZY!
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:26 PM   #78
Quarry Creeper

Ya I wasn't happy about and I'm not sure why it looks cloudy on the one side.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:42 PM   #79
Quarry Creeper

Set up with the t1e chassis have to do some work on the upper links still though.
Attached Images

Old 09-03-2013, 07:00 PM   #80
Quarry Creeper

Well i just posted these axles up for sale just going to focus on my 2.2s until after my wedding in a month then I will build something new.

Tags
bully, lightweight bully, rc4wd