Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: tf2 kit missing parts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 04:55 PM   #1

Default tf2 kit missing parts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just recived my tf2 started assembling and its missing the rear crossmember that the shocks bolt to has two frunt cross members though;(... tried calling the number on the box no answer;(...sent in an email and nothing back yet;(...... so far kit is nice but the fact i cant get a person to help me out or at least pick up a @#$%^&* phone is just retarded.:evil :: evil::ev il:
ak907killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2013, 04:58 PM   #2

Default Re: tf2 kit missing parts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hate say that i am not surprised. The RC4WD people need to get it together.
4 low pinned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:02 PM   #3
RCC Addict

It sometimes takes a day for them to email me back but they always do and are usually very helpful.
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:25 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Don't let your emotions get ahead of reality. RC4WD is a handful of people and they will get back to you in a reasonable timeframe. Things happen and people tend to slip up sometimes, that's just human nature. Wait for the email, they will get everything straightened out!
Lentsnh2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:23 PM   #5

if there actualy are people behind rc4wd than why dont they have a company phone number that some one would you know maybe #$%^&* answer during a thursday afternoon!!!
Old 04-11-2013, 09:25 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak907killa View Post
if there actualy are people behind rc4wd than why dont they have a company phone number that some one would you know maybe #$%^&* answer during a thursday afternoon!!!
No one knows their phone number- I don't even think they do have a phone number. Only a few guys responding to emails. They're machinists, they don't have the time to always be on the phone.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #7

there was a number on the shipping lanel under rc4wd and above there adress so im pritty shure that there number;) local to san fran area. 4086768731
Old 04-11-2013, 10:13 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Just saw this post, I am sorry that your kit was wrong. Let me see if I can help out in any way- I am confident someone will contact you shortly and things will get worked out.
budhatrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:54 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Hello,

Sorry for the missing part. This can happen on occasion and we will get you taken care of. As for phone support. We are still a very small company and do not offer phone support at this time. If you have not already done so, please send an email to rcrock@rc4wd.com. You can put my attention on it and I will get right back to you and get you the part you need.

Keep in mind that email is the best way. We normally get back to emails within 24 hours unless its a weekend, or just crazy busy.

We also don't frequent the forums very often. Thanks to our team drivers for keeping an eye out for us.

Make sure to include your order number when you email.

Thank you,
Tom
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

RC4WD used to have awesome customer service but lately it has gone south. I assume they have gotten to big and are forgetting the people who helped them get where they are today.
Grumpster1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:23 PM   #11
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpster1980 View Post
RC4WD used to have awesome customer service but lately it has gone south. I assume they have gotten to big and are forgetting the people who helped them get where they are today.
I don't think it's as bad as you think.
There's just a few impaitent people who have came on to complain compare to the amount of customers that don't complain. If you look at the ones that did on here, they were all taken care of.

RC4WD is not as big as you think and I know they would never forget the people that help them get to where they are, because it takes those same people to keep them where they are at. Make sence.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:23 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Don't assume that everyone that doesn't complain is happy. I have had quite a few frustrations with the quality and workmanship of their products, as well as the level of customer service going back about 6 months. I am sure some of the unhappy people are probably worried that opening their mouths about their dissatisfaction will just end up getting them shouted down or flamed. As well people don't really like to admit even to themselves they made a bad purchase.
Also for myself at least most of the frustrations seem small at the outset but as you run into more of them the level of dissatisfaction increases.

examples:

Brand new trailfinder 2 body doesn't line up with the wheels?!?
6 month old trailfinder 2
all bearings fail after moderate use as well as both gear sets and knucles making both diffs a COMPLETE write off also many rounded out and broken screws during maintenance . Ok not happy but I get on with it. New screws and new bearings ordered from fast eddy and screwz. Diffs still not replaced until they either offer a better product or I find a better one elsewhere. Trailfinder 2 no longer my weekly trail truck. And now my attitude toward RC4WD has diminished.

Brand new bulldog winch: the day it arrives two screws strip and one breaks. I am met with a petulant response from customer service that amounted to "well when did you buy it? and what do you want us to do about it." ok fast forward a month another winch 3 broken screws and more lackadaisical customer service.
Fast forward another 2 months! and finally a new winch arrives. apparently some new prototype with larger screws etc. it isn't...... same size holes they just didn't locktite them I guess.
That's 4 months since I paid for a winch.
Now my attitude toward RC4WD has diminished to the point where I will not purchase from them. While I still like their wheels and tires I will purchase from RPP to try and shelter myself from what I perceive as RC4WD's poor customer service.

These may seem like trivial complaints to some but when you compare them to their nearest competitor Axial the difference in the level of quality is glaring.
My experience with them could have been completely different if they used quality bearings and hardware. Considering the price of their products I don't think that is too much to ask.

I have written these things in a few posts asking for my opinion, while this time it was unsolicited I felt it still needed to be said.

Sorry for the hijack.
Weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:51 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
there was a number on the shipping lanel under rc4wd and above there adress so im pritty shure that there number;) local to san fran area. 4086768731
Again, they're machinists. They don't have time to sit around the phone all day and answer everyone's requests or complaints. They have to make parts and a living. RC4WD will get to you in a timely manner and get everything straightened out.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:41 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpster1980 View Post
And you're saying that right after a representative from RC4WD replied to the thread saying he will fix the problem. Looks like good customer service to me.
pardonmyn00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:45 AM   #15

i was contacted vea email and asked to send pics so i did. thanks
overall im not dissaticefied

Last edited by ak907killa; 04-20-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:14 AM   #16
Old guy

I was looking at your pics, is this your pic. If so it looks like the piece your missing is in the bottom left hand corner. But I think I've seen this pic some where else before.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:17 AM   #17
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pardonmyn00b View Post
And you're saying that right after a representative from RC4WD replied to the thread saying he will fix the problem. Looks like good customer service to me.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:29 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post

I was looking at your pics, is this your pic. If so it looks like the piece your missing is in the bottom left hand corner. But I think I've seen this pic some where else before.
i saved this picto show some friends before i bought it, this is the pic from rc4wd web site!@ essecently twas the selling pic for me.

Last edited by ak907killa; 04-14-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:34 PM   #19

i can see the ring gear through the large gap in the frunt axel ya i bet this things going to hold up

o and whail installing the leaf sprins i found out that the threads came mostly striped out from factory awsome just what i whanted in my 400 dollar kit!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by ak907killa; 04-14-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:48 PM   #20

didn know i would be get a cheap cast version of there yoat axels i dont think i can comp with these but we shall see.

tf2 kit missing parts!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Missing parts from sealed Wraith kit wheelstoo Axial Wraith 4 01-02-2012 08:31 PM