Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: Discontinued???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2014, 11:40 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Discontinued???

I think RC4WD gets overwhelmed with sales and it is hard for them to keep up. I love their stuff but it does seem very hit and miss.
ZippoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2014, 01:04 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
I'm thinking that it may have been some sort of mistake or a poor timing issue. Those guys over at RC4WD seem like avid enthusiasts like us and I seriously doubt this is some kind of ploy to boost sales. They have always provided me with great products, service and shipping.

The thing on my mind is that V8 transmission that I mentioned before. It is made to drop into the TF2 chassis. Why release an expensive new aluminum part made to be a direct replacement for a truck and then discontinue the truck before you even release the new part?!! It doesn't make sense.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe they plan to reuse the chassis with their new D44 axles and a whole new body. If that were to be the case, then as long at the Mojave body and Toyota style axles remain available through RC4WD for the TF2 then you could still build the Toyota pick-up or keep your existing truck running. That would make sense to me, anyway.

It would be nice to have a new body and new axles available for the proven and popular TF2 chassis...something that warrants that V8.
I really hope that was the case. I'm still a huge fan of RC4WD and the awesome products they produce. Same here with the service and shipping aspect. I was stoked about the new V8 and thought the same thing. I really do hope it was just a mistake. Any way, at least it's back. And I hope they eventually do make something that would make the V8 look the part.

Last edited by tokdl; 09-01-2014 at 01:07 PM.
tokdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 01:51 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
...The only thing I can think of is that maybe they plan to reuse the chassis with their new D44 axles and a whole new body.
It would be nice to have a new body and new axles available for the proven and popular TF2 chassis...something that warrants that V8.
There already is an Italian RC company that offers a "turn key" model using the chinese Rubicon bodies and the Dana 44 axles. Maybe rc3wd wants in on the action as well since they have all of the pieces. This is just a guess on my part, I have absolutely no knowledge of anything that they do. Sometimes I think they don't have a plan.

I made a mistake, the Italian company wasn't the right one, it's a Czech company that's in the link.

Last edited by BigSki; 09-02-2014 at 11:22 AM.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:10 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Quote:
There already is an Italian RC company that offers a "turn key" model using the chinese Rubicon bodies and the Dana 44 axles.
....and why do I have no knowledge of this company? Spill it! What company?
Alpha Male is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 06:23 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
....and why do I have no knowledge of this company? Spill it! What company?
Scale Truck kit | 2014 MEX - Jeep JK 1/10 Offroad 2D | RCmodelex - specialized for RC rock crawling, trial and expeditions
Old 09-01-2014, 06:54 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Those certainly are RC4WD Toyota axles and King shocks and looks like they copied the transfer case, drive shafts and a lot of the other parts, I recognize the axles cause I recently bought a set of used RC4WD Toyota axles for my GCM 4Ten chassis with leaf springs cause the SCX10 axes on leaf springs just wasn't scale enough for me, now its scale with nice metal axles and looks so much cleaner.

Last edited by kgb424; 09-01-2014 at 07:03 PM.
kgb424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 07:07 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

I agree, that looks really cleanly put together. I'd certainly buy one if rc4wd started producing them.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:14 PM   #28
Jeep whore

It was a mistake, they removed the discontinued sign.
scale4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 07:20 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgb424 View Post
Those certainly are RC4WD Toyota axles and King shocks and looks like they copied the transfer case, drive shafts and a lot of the other parts, I recognize the axles cause I recently bought a set of used RC4WD Toyota axles for my GCM 4Ten chassis with leaf springs cause the SCX10 axes on leaf springs just wasn't scale enough for me, now its scale with nice metal axles and looks so much cleaner.
The kit from GCM uses a chassis that looks a lot like the one in the link along w/ the Dana 44 axles. I was getting the 2 different offerings confused as far as who was using which axles. The more that some of the small manufacturers are coming into light, the more I'm convinced that rc3wd is more of a "middle man" for sending designs to china for production AND a re-seller of other small companies components.

Last edited by BigSki; 09-01-2014 at 07:25 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:19 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

I got one hell of a good deal on my GCM 4Ten chassis there made in Canada, mine came from a guy in Italy, and I found it on Ebay, by accident it wasn't in the R/C sale section and I bide on it as soon as I seen it, and I got it, and the guy thru in 2 full sets of Tamiya leaf springs, I found a full set of helper springs for the Tamiya ones, the same day, and that's what started my latest build, its been half way around the world already and its only a rolling chassis right now until I quit screwing around and finish it already. doing a lot of detailing and some fabricating and taking my time.

Last edited by kgb424; 09-01-2014 at 08:25 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:46 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

I've exchanged a few PM's with a manager on RC4WD forum after chatting about a completely diff. subject, and was told she indeed removed the "discontinued" banner and it's not going away just yet. She also mentioned they have many new and exciting things coming out this year for the Holiday season. So I'm thinking it wasn't really a mistake, and it's time is coming close to an end, like the Trailfinder (first edition). Should be interesting to see whats up next.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:12 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Wink Re: Discontinued???

That Jeep is AWESOME!! Price isn't but still!!

ZippoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:41 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Thanks Tokdl, now I can't wait for xmas now to see the new RC4WD stuff that I won't need to buy, that's why I bought the GCM chassis couldn't afford a TF2 and not a big fan of having to shift the tranny. I owned a Twin Hammers and the shifting setup was a nightmare, it never works the way it was supposed too, and the same thing back in the day, when I had Nitro T-Maxx's the reverse never worked, so I put the two speed forward kits in. That ended the shifting problems and they ran until the tranny's both exploded and sold them for parts. The GCM 4Ten chassis uses a SCX10 tranny, so I build a bullet proof tranny and going with a Tekin Redline Sensored Brushless motor and ''don't need no stinking shifting'' Its going to be a nice r/c when finished.

Last edited by kgb424; 09-01-2014 at 10:03 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:07 PM   #34
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokdl View Post
I've exchanged a few PM's with a manager on RC4WD forum after chatting about a completely diff. subject, and was told she indeed removed the "discontinued" banner and it's not going away just yet. She also mentioned they have many new and exciting things coming out this year for the Holiday season. So I'm thinking it wasn't really a mistake, and it's time is coming close to an end, like the Trailfinder (first edition). Should be interesting to see whats up next.
How long has the TF2 been out? I find it odd that they would discontinue a model that they have so many different accessories for, not to mention that this is a body-on-frame truck, not some sort of space frame, unibody, or caged buggy, i.e. it's very versatile if you want to offer it with more than just a fauxyota shell.

I've been thinking of picking up a TF2 as I'm tempted to turn my scx with hilux shell into a defender with the Dinky DDK because it seems like the DDK was made to be used with the swb hand bros cms kit and I can't find another one and it doesn't seem right not to have a yota, but if rc4wd is getting ready to ditch the TF2 I'd much rather prefer to get my leafed yota kicks out of getting a GCM 4ten. Anyone know what's really going on here? A case of putting up the "discontinued" banner too early or did they put it on the wrong product page?
khj94704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:30 PM   #35

I emailed and got this reply.

Hi Craig,

We discontinued a lots of trucks , as we working on range of new Kits, should come out late summer.

We can only tell you that in some case RC4WD new launched parts such as Tires , Wheels , Shocks & Driveshafts , will work with RC4WD discontinued trucks / kits , but we can not guarantee the outcome.

Hope that help.

Thank you,

Khai

Customer Service

On Sat, Aug 30, 2014

How long will parts support be available for the tf2 now that it's discontinued? It's a great truck and I just traded an scx10 for one. Maybe you have a replacement coming?

Thanks for your time,

Craig
SCRPNBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:36 PM   #36

As far as the mex jeep goes, that's an insane price..... Would never consider it!
SCRPNBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 05:52 AM   #37
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgb424 View Post
Thanks Tokdl, now I can't wait for xmas now to see the new RC4WD stuff that I won't need to buy, that's why I bought the GCM chassis couldn't afford a TF2 and not a big fan of having to shift the tranny. I owned a Twin Hammers and the shifting setup was a nightmare, it never works the way it was supposed too, and the same thing back in the day, when I had Nitro T-Maxx's the reverse never worked, so I put the two speed forward kits in. That ended the shifting problems and they ran until the tranny's both exploded and sold them for parts. The GCM 4Ten chassis uses a SCX10 tranny, so I build a bullet proof tranny and going with a Tekin Redline Sensored Brushless motor and ''don't need no stinking shifting'' Its going to be a nice r/c when finished.
Hey buddy, to each his own . I happen to love my 2 speed and make use of it all the time. I find it very reliable as I have NEVER had a second of an issue with it and I run this thing a lot. It gives me the perfect amount of high speed when wanted and excellent low as well. Some people just lock out the low and run like that. Just reporting back to what I was told.

Last edited by tokdl; 09-02-2014 at 05:57 AM.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:57 AM   #38
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by khj94704 View Post
How long has the TF2 been out? I find it odd that they would discontinue a model that they have so many different accessories for, not to mention that this is a body-on-frame truck, not some sort of space frame, unibody, or caged buggy, i.e. it's very versatile if you want to offer it with more than just a fauxyota shell.

I've been thinking of picking up a TF2 as I'm tempted to turn my scx with hilux shell into a defender with the Dinky DDK because it seems like the DDK was made to be used with the swb hand bros cms kit and I can't find another one and it doesn't seem right not to have a yota, but if rc4wd is getting ready to ditch the TF2 I'd much rather prefer to get my leafed yota kicks out of getting a GCM 4ten. Anyone know what's really going on here? A case of putting up the "discontinued" banner too early or did they put it on the wrong product page?
I couldn't agree more, which is why in a short panic I bought another kit, only to be told it will be around for a bit longer. So I can't say what is to happen. At this point only thing I can do is be glad I have another one coming and wait to see what they hit us with in the late fall.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:59 AM   #39
Rock Crawler

Great Planes has the kit version in stock and the RTR listed as Late Sept eta, just FYI.
rm25x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:31 AM   #40
Quarry Creeper

part of me wishes they would discontinue the kit....it would make the ones who have them now a bit more valuable down the road
pvo_srt4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Discontinued??? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
XR-10 Discontinued BigDT Axial XR10 51 05-31-2013 12:34 AM
discontinued???? passinby Axial XR10 41 06-21-2011 03:55 PM
Discontinued??? PhantomRS10 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 9 11-10-2010 11:28 AM
CC Discontinued??? Matt138 Duratrax Cliff Climber 7 04-28-2010 02:05 PM