Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: Discontinued???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2014, 09:25 AM   #41
RCC Addict

Default Re: Discontinued???

Well, I have 5 complete tf2 rigs, 1 of which is brand new, only been put together and sat on a shelf.

Guess I have plenty of parts for awhile, lol.
FATBOYrs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2014, 10:30 AM   #42

Just looked at this kit, looks like a fun rig to run!
Twinhuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:45 PM   #43
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRPNBY View Post
I emailed and got this reply.
Hi Craig,

We discontinued a lots of trucks , as we working on range of new Kits, should come out late summer.

We can only tell you that in some case RC4WD new launched parts such as Tires , Wheels , Shocks & Driveshafts , will work with RC4WD discontinued trucks / kits , but we can not guarantee the outcome.

Hope that help.

Thank you,

Khai

Customer Service
So I guess rc4wd isn't interested in competing with the scx as the scaler platform and will keep their kits as just that, one-off kits? Oh well, keep making tires, wheels, and axles. Time for me to get off my butt and actually learn how to braze and continue machining little things like mounting brackets for the GCM 4ten that I'm about to order.
khj94704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:23 AM   #44
I wanna be Dave

I see the Trial Stomper is discontinued, and will stay discontinued unlike the TF2 that got dissed and then the dissed removed and then maybe dissed for good.
kgb424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 09:46 PM   #45
Pebble Pounder

bumping an old thread I guess.... instead of creating a duplicate.

I'm itching to start another build so I started to shop for a TF2 (kit) and noticed Tower shows them as not even available anymore without any eta (whereas the SWB has an eta)... Couldn't find any others online (other than RPP).

Made me think for a minute that this may be the end of the TF2, especially with the new yota 2 axles coming out... is there a TF3 around the corner?

Then I found this on amain just now "Arriving Wednesday, May 27 2015"... so who knows.

I know the Beast II just debuted, so perhaps a new rig is coming out soon also.
4X42HEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 12:30 AM   #46

I know they have parts for the tf2 in the amain retail store I just bought some cvd's.

I hope they don't or at least keep parts available.

I guess I'm lucky I live close
rocktoy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 02:10 AM   #47
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X42HEL View Post
bumping an old thread I guess.... instead of creating a duplicate.

I'm itching to start another build so I started to shop for a TF2 (kit) and noticed Tower shows them as not even available anymore without any eta (whereas the SWB has an eta)... Couldn't find any others online (other than RPP).

Made me think for a minute that this may be the end of the TF2, especially with the new yota 2 axles coming out... is there a TF3 around the corner?

Then I found this on amain just now "Arriving Wednesday, May 27 2015"... so who knows.

I know the Beast II just debuted, so perhaps a new rig is coming out soon also.
So some online vendors are out of stock so you revive an old irrelevant thread and assume they aren't going to make tf2's anymore because why? Every time they come in stock they go out of stock shortly after because ...people buy them. They're releasing new tf2 products still so don't go getting everyone excited for no apparent reason.
crawleR07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 10:06 AM   #48
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawleR07 View Post
So some online vendors are out of stock so you revive an old irrelevant thread and assume they aren't going to make tf2's anymore because why? Every time they come in stock they go out of stock shortly after because ...people buy them. They're releasing new tf2 products still so don't go getting everyone excited for no apparent reason.
Well first of all, this is a forum. In the event you are unaware of the purpose of a forum (which seems to be the case), they are web applications which provide a medium for individuals to discuss and share ideas about a common interest.

I'm posting a question about a valid topic with substantiating evidence. Whether or not someone gets excited about a thread is up to them. The intended target was to someone who may have other thoughts or insight to a future product or a sunsetting of the existing TF2.

Responses like yours are unwelcomed, unwanted and do a great job of chasing away potential newcomers to our hobby and hinder it from growing. If you have an issue or disagree with a post someone makes then keep the responses to yourself or share actual facts relating to the topic. The only thing irrelevant about this thread is your input.
Old 04-21-2015, 12:55 PM   #49
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Well first of all, this is a forum. In the event you are unaware of the purpose of a forum (which seems to be the case), they are web applications which provide a medium for individuals to discuss and share ideas about a common interest.

I'm posting a question about a valid topic with substantiating evidence. Whether or not someone gets excited about a thread is up to them. The intended target was to someone who may have other thoughts or insight to a future product or a sunsetting of the existing TF2.

Responses like yours are unwelcomed, unwanted and do a great job of chasing away potential newcomers to our hobby and hinder it from growing. If you have an issue or disagree with a post someone makes then keep the responses to yourself or share actual facts relating to the topic. The only thing irrelevant about this thread is your input.
You keep typing but still have not presented any relevant or factual information to the topic of the tf2 being discontinued. This thread you're so proud of shouldn't even exist, it only does because uninformed people make false assumptions. Rc4wd has new products coming out for the tf2 that haven't even come in stock yet. Tower hobbies doesn't have an in stock date on the tf2...let's see what other conclusions we can draw from this irrelevant information. I'm all ears....

Last edited by crawleR07; 04-21-2015 at 01:08 PM.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:08 PM   #50
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
You keep typing but still have not presented any relevant or factual information to the topic of the tf2 being discontinued. This thread you're so proud of shouldn't even exist, it only does because uninformed people make false assumptions. Rc4wd has new products coming out for the tf2 that haven't even come in stock yet. Tower hobbies doesn't have an in stock date on the tf2...let's see what other conclusions we can draw from this irrelevant information. I'm all ears....

Let's see:

1) Response from a member on this very thread from RC4WD stating new kits are coming out this summer:
Discontinued???

Possibly replacing an old.

2) Tower Hobbies shows TF2 as "Unavailable" where as the SWB and other kits have an actual ETA.

3) TF2 kits have become increasingly difficult to find in general. Production seems to be a lot less than what it used to be the past couple of years. Gaps in waiting has increased etc.

4) RC4WD has come out with the newer Yota 2 axles, and for a short while the original yota axle pages stated "Discontinued" (as did the TF2 as a whole, which is the purpose of this thread).

Lastly, nobody is starting rumors or stating any false information. This is a discussion to see if anybody has intelligent thoughts about what might be happening.

Not sure if you are aware, but there is something referred to as free speech. Believe it or not, ideas other than your own actually do exist and mostly make more sense.

I take it you were the kid in school who kept getting put in the corner because he had social issues and simply didn't know how to play nice with the others. Take your narrow minded negative attitude and kick rocks down the street.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:26 PM   #51
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Let's see:

1) Response from a member on this very thread from RC4WD stating new kits are coming out this summer:
Discontinued???

Possibly replacing an old.

2) Tower Hobbies shows TF2 as "Unavailable" where as the SWB and other kits have an actual ETA.

3) TF2 kits have become increasingly difficult to find in general. Production seems to be a lot less than what it used to be the past couple of years. Gaps in waiting has increased etc.

4) RC4WD has come out with the newer Yota 2 axles, and for a short while the original yota axle pages stated "Discontinued" (as did the TF2 as a whole, which is the purpose of this thread).

Lastly, nobody is starting rumors or stating any false information. This is a discussion to see if anybody has intelligent thoughts about what might be happening.

Not sure if you are aware, but there is something referred to as free speech. Believe it or not, ideas other than your own actually do exist and mostly make more sense.

I take it you were the kid in school who kept getting put in the corner because he had social issues and simply didn't know how to play nice with the others. Take your narrow minded negative attitude and kick rocks down the street.
Narrow minded? Because I don't make assumptions like you and jump to irrelevant conclusions? Call me what you want it doesn't make any of your arguments more true. No one here is starting rumors?...go read the last line in the first post since you haven't already. Yota II axles and tower hobbies stock status don't have anything to do with whether or not the tf2 is discontinued. If you actually followed the stock of the tf2's on the various vendors sites you would actually know for a fact that they regularly come into stock and then sell out quickly because PEOPLE BUY THEM, not because they are discontinued. Just because they aren't in stock the two places that you looked for 3 minutes one day doesn't mean they are discontinuing arguably their best selling rc vehicle to date. You keep bashing me and telling me I'm the one with issues when all I do is counter your ignorance with rationality. Kick your own rocks genius.

Last edited by crawleR07; 04-21-2015 at 02:28 PM.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:46 PM   #52
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Narrow minded? Because I don't make assumptions like you and jump to irrelevant conclusions? Call me what you want it doesn't make any of your arguments more true. No one here is starting rumors?...go read the last line in the first post since you haven't already. Yota II axles and tower hobbies stock status don't have anything to do with whether or not the tf2 is discontinued. If you actually followed the stock of the tf2's on the various vendors sites you would actually know for a fact that they regularly come into stock and then sell out quickly because PEOPLE BUY THEM, not because they are discontinued. Just because they aren't in stock the two places that you looked for 3 minutes one day doesn't mean they are discontinuing arguably their best selling rc vehicle to date. You keep bashing me and telling me I'm the one with issues when all I do is counter your ignorance with rationality. Kick your own rocks genius.

This is you bro, while the rest of us are having fun together:

Old 05-08-2015, 08:56 AM   #53
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

sounds like you have some inside line on rc4wd parts availability. So share, I spent more than 3min looking for replacement front shafts for my gelande 2. xvd's havent been in stock for over a month, no one has them, and I have an $800 toy I cant play with. Im kinda pissed. So maybe a set of scx axles with available upgrades and parts are next so I can actually use it. rc4wd has always played the in stock out of stock game, and did discontinue the tf2 and then changed the posting. I saw it myself. So what info do you have besides being all fussy about free speech. if they want to maximize their profit maybe they should make their products available more often.

Last edited by wheelinjp; 05-08-2015 at 08:58 AM.
wheelinjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 05:31 PM   #54
Pebble Pounder

Been looking for TF2 parts for 2 months. I'm on the "email me" list for just about every major RC shop online. Getting very frustrated with RC4WD. Never had this situation happen before. I can find parts for a 10 year old discontinued RC easier than I can find parts for my TF2.
Brainanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 06:32 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelinjp View Post
So share, I spent more than 3min looking for replacement front shafts for my gelande 2. xvd's havent been in stock for over a month, no one has them

I don't have any inside info, but I saw that the Yota 2 XVDs just came back in stock on the RC4WD international site (as did some other parts that had been out of stock for a while). If you'd rather stick with the front dog bones, I may have a pair of take-offs from my D90 that I can part with (would have to check). PM me if you're interested and I can look.
new2rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 07:07 PM   #56
Quarry Creeper

Will try xvd fit my g2 axles? I'd prefer to upgrade.
wheelinjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 07:33 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Will try xvd fit my g2 axles? I'd prefer to upgrade.

The Yota 2 XVDs will fit G2 axles. Just make sure you're getting Yota 2 XVDs, and not the original Yota XVDs (which are for the TF2 axles).
new2rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 02:50 AM   #58
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
sounds like you have some inside line on rc4wd parts availability. So share, I spent more than 3min looking for replacement front shafts for my gelande 2. xvd's havent been in stock for over a month, no one has them, and I have an $800 toy I cant play with. Im kinda pissed. So maybe a set of scx axles with available upgrades and parts are next so I can actually use it. rc4wd has always played the in stock out of stock game, and did discontinue the tf2 and then changed the posting. I saw it myself. So what info do you have besides being all fussy about free speech. if they want to maximize their profit maybe they should make their products available more often.
I don't have any inside line, I do my own research and just have been following rc4wd for years on a daily basis and have picked up on the ups and downs of how they seem to operate as I went.
Old 05-10-2015, 10:00 AM   #59
Pebble Pounder

I wanted to order another TF2 kit couple of weeks ago and like the rest of us, I couldn't find stock anywhere.

I emailed RC4WD and here is their response:

"We have experienced some issues with production on our Trail Finder 2. We are working day and night to remedy this issue so we can get this popular truck back into stock. At this time we currently do not have a production date. We ask that you sign up for the waiting list, as well as our newsletter. This will allow us to inform you of new stock when it does become available.

We are sorry for this issue and look forward to getting you out on the trails with a TF2 soon.

Have a great day,
RC4WD Support team"

At the same time, I emailed Tower since that's who I prefer to shop thru and I have some aggressive coupon codes. Here is tower's response:

"Dear Tower Hobbies Customer,

Unfortunately a status of temporarily unavailable means that the item is not currently in production with the manufacturer so we are not even able to place an order for it. It has not been discontinued so it is likely that it will be available again at some point in the future (usually several months, up to a year) but as of right now we have no indication of when that may be. Since the item is not in production (and yet not officially discontinued by the vendor) and we are unable to order it, we are also unable to hold backorders for it. As a general practice, we only hold backorders for merchandise in which we feel confident will be available within a reasonable amount of time (i.e. no more than 2 or 3 months).

I would really advise that you look for other options as this item may not be available for a very long time. Depending on what issues are causing this item to be unavailable, it is even possible that you could wait several months on it only to find out that the manufacturer has discontinued it."

I'm not sure if these parts and kits are made in New Zealand or China, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is some kind of labor dispute or some other business matter going on there.

Other thoughts make me wonder if rc4wd is transferring ownership and/or focusing more on the international market than domestic?

Makes no sense business wise. if I sold widgets, and people wanted widgets, then I'd do what I had to in order to make them available. Supply and demand 101. Apple mastered this one.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:57 AM   #60
Quarry Creeper

The parts supply does make me nervous about running my TF2 too hard. Right now I have stripped one of the screw holes for the transmission mount, so I only have 3 screws holding it together. I really want to replace the mounts but for the life of me I can't find any R3 2 speed transmission mounts. I'm just praying that nothing else breaks because this is an awesome little truck otherwise, and having it break and not being able to fix it due to parts supply constraints would really suck.
Raguvian is offline   Reply With Quote

Discontinued??? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
XR-10 Discontinued BigDT Axial XR10 51 05-31-2013 12:34 AM
discontinued???? passinby Axial XR10 41 06-21-2011 03:55 PM
Discontinued??? PhantomRS10 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 9 11-10-2010 11:28 AM
CC Discontinued??? Matt138 Duratrax Cliff Climber 7 04-28-2010 02:05 PM