Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: ZNO-RC Customer Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 09:01 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: ZNO-RC Customer Support

Quote:
I would be down for a set of those shock mounts and I second The Jackalope's CVD idea. Also, some kind of axle mounted battery tray for those of us who use small lipos wouldn't be a bad thing.
I don't know if we can do CVD's but I will discuss it with our team and see if it is something we might be able to try to get. I do like your idea of a battery mount on the axle so I will start brain storming on something we can do for that. As for the Shock Mounts we are working on them now and I hope to have a drawing up in the next week for you guys to see before we start making some.

Quote:
ZNO-RC.... report to the ZNO-RC Servo mount thread immediately.... they need tech from the horse's mouth!
I will check in with the servo mount guys to see if I can help thanks for the tip.

Quote:
While were making suggestions...
The larger problem i found with mounting shocks to the axles is shock length. How about derlin side plates that are essentially stock except with shock mount location that entend out closer to the axles.. it would be nice if they weren't so thin so everyone could expeiriment with the elevation they mount their shocks to the chassis..

White derlin is nice because you can dye it.
We do offer our custom chassis which allows you to mount the shocks farther out with different shock mounting points. If this isn't what you are looking for maybe a longer shock would work. We just started carrying the Traxxas Big Bore Shocks and I break down a set of 8 to 2 sets of 4 so it makes them a little more affordable and you dont have to buy 4 extra shocks you don't need. These shocks are long though and might give you the extra length you are looking for.
ZNO-RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2012, 08:10 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

I am interested in the traxxas shocks as far as pricing. didn't see them on the site. I may be willing to trade for the copyright on my axle mounts...J/K !!! Seriously though, How much for four shocks?
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:23 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romad View Post
I am interested in the traxxas shocks as far as pricing. didn't see them on the site. I may be willing to trade for the copyright on my axle mounts...J/K !!! Seriously though, How much for four shocks?

Woah there big fella! I pioneered these axle mounts first! You just made a much PRETTIER version of them. (my GF was telling me to copyright these things the other day. she didn't get it when I said this was a comunity service we are doing here on this forum) Anyways Romad. Just giving you the gears!

ZNO; Heres a few ideas for some easy builds

Axle shock mounts. This is an early version of mine. Function over fashion!

And here are the improved version you should build C/O Romad, But maybe with a couple more mounting holes for different tuning

And one more option from Palenas!

And then heres where we think the upper link mount should sit. MY rough cut version;

And again the Prettier version I think you should build. again, courtesy of Palenas.

The Jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:32 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I will hopefully be able to get some of the product on the website today. We have been swamped but I think we should be able to attack it today. The set of 4 Traxxas shocks will be $36.49.

Quote:
Woah there big fella! I pioneered these axle mounts first! You just made a much PRETTIER version of them. (my GF was telling me to copyright these things the other day. she didn't get it when I said this was a comunity service we are doing here on this forum) Anyways Romad. Just giving you the gears!

ZNO; Heres a few ideas for some easy builds

Axle shock mounts. This is an early version of mine. Function over fashion!
Thanks Jackalope for all the pics I will look into making some of those parts. I like the idea of doing laser cut parts I just wish we had a way to do it in our own facility.
ZNO-RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNO-RC View Post
Thanks Jackalope for all the pics I will look into making some of those parts. I like the idea of doing laser cut parts I just wish we had a way to do it in our own facility.
Where there's a will there's a way.......I'm an engineer for Mazak Optonics.
Sydwall85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:46 PM   #26
Pebble Pounder

Thats a good price. Thanks for the response. I WILL stop by there soon, as it's not that far away. Thanks for all the good work guys
Old 02-10-2012, 01:51 PM   #27
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackalope View Post
HAHAaaa! love it! I agree about community sharing here. And I will always defer in the origination of the mount idea. You set it up and look how far its came. To be honest Pelenas' set up is the purtiest IMHO.

Also, I love the multiple hole idea for versatility with the axle mounts. and I am gonna copycat that upper link idea. I like that setup I think it will work better with the bullseye setup than what I'm currently running. If I keep it up I'm gonna havta change my screen name to lopajack or sumthin...!

Last edited by Romad; 02-10-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:28 AM   #28

I would like a shock mount as well but If im gonna dream I dream big! A stage kit that gave us a mount for shocks plus a set of upper and hi clearence lower links that is purpose built for rs10 with big boy kit 540s that doesnt look like I made them with my vise and a hammer ...lol, couple that with the aloy knuckles and stereing linkage kit and just for kicks throw in a wide off set wheel adapter and a roll cage body that rivals gmade in style and function that bolts to our chassis and gives us more link and shock mount options and ofcorse a zno-rc decal kit that includes 2 "Axial Breaker" decals to go on our new body pannels for our cage. Ps please send me the 1st kit for free! I would also love a 8 channel tx rx pistol grip radio to work 4ws , dual dig, winch, and more led lights than a UFO at Area 51.... Did I leave anything out? :0) Oh ya an aloy Trailer and hitch mout (no Joke)... to haul all my other RCs to junkyard...(joke)...lol
HinklesHounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:44 PM   #29

did the shock mounts get made cause i would be interested in a set
rstackie is offline   Reply With Quote

ZNO-RC Customer Support - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread JohnRobHolmes Holmes Hobbies 3483 02-05-2013 09:08 PM
axial customer support/service THANKS! superflex General Crawlers 6 01-31-2011 08:40 PM
airtronics customer support dlamb11877sf Electronics 0 04-13-2010 10:04 AM
Castle Customer support / Sidewinders Brainstain Chit Chat 26 05-30-2008 07:30 AM