Notices

Thread: A deeper look within the Redcat Everest 10 crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2016, 07:49 AM   #861
Rock Stacker

Default Re: A deeper look within the Redcat Everest 10 crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheDiabetic View Post
I would also add 4 wheel steering. I was able to do it for under $30 and it makes a world of a difference.
i just did this last night.
its a must i tell ya!
stump1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2016, 07:57 PM   #862

Sounds good. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Deezil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 09:02 PM   #863
Quarry Creeper

I did 4 wheel steer for a bit and I wasn't a fan. I do like a bit more realistic handling

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
LamChop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 09:55 AM   #864

I have on order redcat everest 10 just won't to know we're I can get different lockers for my truck
Outlaw1788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 09:57 AM   #865

Can anyone help
Outlaw1788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 10:22 AM   #866
Quarry Creeper

You can search the HSP "connect box" on ebay or Aliexpress.com. They will be aluminium, direct replacement, and much tougher. Or, you can use use the Axial lockers with minor fitting.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
the_law_man01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 10:23 AM   #867
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw1788 View Post
I have on order redcat everest 10 just won't to know we're I can get different lockers for my truck
You can get Redcat metal lockers from the official site or ebay. Epoxy works (haven't tried it) and Axial lockers work ( I did that before I knew about the Redcat brand)
UberJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 06:50 AM   #868
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw1788 View Post
Can anyone help
Tower hobbies. Part numbers are listed in first few pages of the thread

Old 12-15-2016, 01:36 PM   #869
RCC Addict

Redcat Part 180009 Aluminum Connect Box and Main 38T Gear for RC Everest-10 New | eBay
hillbillyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 02:23 PM   #870

Hi everyone!! I have been lingering here for a few months. I am a slow reader and have gotten to page 20 or so, but havent seen anything about tranny gears or axial tranny replacement(maybe I did but wasnt concerned about it till now).. I have had 2 E10's for about a month now. One for my son, who has down syndrome, and one for me. Hoping that he would really get into it and we would get out more so I can get him some exercise.
I am modding mine and leaving his stock for the moment so I can compare(except for the 27t motors I put in both,lol. I am ordering 2 sets of everything, because he is going to want to be like me, when he figures it out...
Anyway, mods I have done are few. I moved the rear shocks to the outsides, put 2 of those spring spacers on the left rear shock to help with torque twist, and bought 2, 2s lipos.
The other day, I went to the tire store and bought a bunch of wheel weights. I ended up putting 3/4 of a pound in EACH wheel, front and back. So total added weight is 3 pounds.. DOH! I knew something would break..
Turns out the spur gear went ZING the first time I took it in the rocks. So I ordered this Spur/pinon set| eBay
Its says its for everest/maxstone etc.. but its a 22t pinon. and I am thinking it wont fit because the motor is so close to the side frame?
If I keep the weights, I am going to be breaking whatever is the next weak point in the drivetrain, the tranny gears I assume.
Has anyone installed an ax10 tranny? The seller on ebay said that 2 of the mounting holes match but the other 2 dont. I have never had anything axial, this is my first crawler and dont know if this can be made to fit by just drilling 2 new holes or making some sort of bracket?
Anyone done this?
I will have tons more questions but done for now. Just hoping this spur/pinon combo I ordered will work.
I am sorry I didnt read this entire thread, just too much for me. Not enough time being that I take care of my son fulltime.
Thank you all for the info. I am glad this thread is here.
Blind

Last edited by BlindDude; 12-15-2016 at 02:35 PM.
BlindDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 04:13 PM   #871
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindDude View Post
Hi everyone!! I have been lingering here for a few months. I am a slow reader and have gotten to page 20 or so, but havent seen anything about tranny gears or axial tranny replacement(maybe I did but wasnt concerned about it till now).. I have had 2 E10's for about a month now. One for my son, who has down syndrome, and one for me. Hoping that he would really get into it and we would get out more so I can get him some exercise.
I am modding mine and leaving his stock for the moment so I can compare(except for the 27t motors I put in both,lol. I am ordering 2 sets of everything, because he is going to want to be like me, when he figures it out...
Anyway, mods I have done are few. I moved the rear shocks to the outsides, put 2 of those spring spacers on the left rear shock to help with torque twist, and bought 2, 2s lipos.
The other day, I went to the tire store and bought a bunch of wheel weights. I ended up putting 3/4 of a pound in EACH wheel, front and back. So total added weight is 3 pounds.. DOH! I knew something would break..
Turns out the spur gear went ZING the first time I took it in the rocks. So I ordered this Spur/pinon set| eBay
Its says its for everest/maxstone etc.. but its a 22t pinon. and I am thinking it wont fit because the motor is so close to the side frame?
If I keep the weights, I am going to be breaking whatever is the next weak point in the drivetrain, the tranny gears I assume.
Has anyone installed an ax10 tranny? The seller on ebay said that 2 of the mounting holes match but the other 2 dont. I have never had anything axial, this is my first crawler and dont know if this can be made to fit by just drilling 2 new holes or making some sort of bracket?
Anyone done this?
I will have tons more questions but done for now. Just hoping this spur/pinon combo I ordered will work.
I am sorry I didnt read this entire thread, just too much for me. Not enough time being that I take care of my son fulltime.
Thank you all for the info. I am glad this thread is here.
Blind
not sure bout the gears but with that much weight ill assume the plastic lockers in the axles will go aswell I ha e the maxstone 10 same basic truck an have an e10 on the way on my maxstone think I used an older hpi spur gear an a 15 tooth pinion gear think I have read some where in this post that the axial internal gears wont fit u can get the metal lockers on ebay for bout 11bucks
tdevilman2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 04:15 PM   #872
Quarry Creeper

I know ppl have added scx10 super clutches fairly easy!

Old 12-15-2016, 04:34 PM   #873
Quarry Creeper

I can't remember if i read it here or on the Redcat Crawler Facebook page, but it has been said that the Axial and Redcat transmission gears are interchangeable.

the_law_man01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 05:48 PM   #874

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdevilman2009 View Post
not sure bout the gears but with that much weight ill assume the plastic lockers in the axles will go aswell I ha e the maxstone 10 same basic truck an have an e10 on the way on my maxstone think I used an older hpi spur gear an a 15 tooth pinion gear think I have read some where in this post that the axial internal gears wont fit u can get the metal lockers on ebay for bout 11bucks
Yeah, I ordered 2 sets of those axial "iron cross" lockers and figured I would be putting them in the diffs sooner than this, but I, and my boy havent stripped any stock diffs yet,,, Go figure..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamChop View Post
I know ppl have added scx10 super clutches fairly easy!

I will have to google that, dont know what that is. I think it is directed at me? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_law_man01 View Post
I can't remember if i read it here or on the Redcat Crawler Facebook page, but it has been said that the Axial and Redcat transmission gears are interchangeable.

I have read that someone has replaced 2 of the gears from an axial but the third is wrong for some reason.. Cant remember.

Thank you all.

Weird thing.. I flat spotted a few places on this plastic stock spur gear, so I meshed the spur and pinon REALLY tight together.. Ran a 2s 5000mah battery through it with no problems..
Uhg.. The instructions say not to tighten them too much, something with a piece of paper... So, what do you guys think will happen if I continue to run it like this? Just waste my spur some more? or will it burn out the esc or motor?
The motor got barely warm, the esc is cool to the touch, so IDK.
Oh, and about that 22t pinon i ordered, I really dont think it is going to fit because of the motor clearance, but I am thinking I can make some spacers for the bottom plate to give me a bit more room on the motor side to fit larger pinons?
OR
I could take out the bottom plate and turn it 180, drill new holes for tranny mount a bit closer to the opposite side( i might be able to get 2mm out of it)?

Thanks again.

Last edited by BlindDude; 12-15-2016 at 05:53 PM.
Old 12-15-2016, 06:03 PM   #875
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindDude View Post

I will have to google that, dont know what that is. I think it is directed at me? lol.
Yup! It's basically two pads on the spur gear that will slip when you're under a high load.

Old 12-15-2016, 06:26 PM   #876

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamChop View Post
Yup! It's basically two pads on the spur gear that will slip when you're under a high load.

Ahh, I see.. Just like my Ol T-Maxx has.. the slipper thing, Ok, Got ya!
Thanks
Old 12-15-2016, 06:27 PM   #877

After reading what I posted about turning the bottom plate 180, I think I will just order an all aluminum tranny from an ax10 or scx10 and drill the new holes for THAT tranny.
The tranny I am looking at has aluminum case and all aluminum gears inside for $40 bucks.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111803679087
Old 12-19-2016, 04:33 PM   #878

Still running with my MASHED together spur and pinion.. no slippage yet. Still have the 3 pounds of weights too..
No problems with diffs either..
And I drive like a crazy man..
Hmm?
Old 12-19-2016, 04:44 PM   #879

Just got mine today! Have not even ran it yet, looking into the free and cheap mods. My first crawler, pretty excited.
Deezil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 06:42 AM   #880
Rock Stacker

you will like it. It is my first crawler and i have had a blast with it so far. cheap and easy to mod as well.
MikeTheDiabetic is offline   Reply With Quote

A deeper look within the Redcat Everest 10 crawler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The new redcat everest-10 crawler? terrywolfpack Redcat Crawlers 83 06-29-2016 01:41 PM
New redcat racing Everest-10 terrywolfpack General Crawlers 7 11-15-2015 08:40 AM
deeper offset rims!!!! minicrawlerguy530 Tires and Wheels 22 10-15-2014 06:55 PM