Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: What's with all the gen 8 hate?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2020, 08:55 AM   #141
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: What's with all the gen 8 hate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockCrawlingKid View Post
By this point I actually don’t think many aftermarket companies will. Redcat products don’t stay in production for very long. Therefore why would a large company invest in an already dying market. That being said I think the gen 8 is a good truck. I hope it sticks around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
you can still get the redcat rs10 thats been around for a few years at least 10 that i know of i bought my everest 10 over 5 years ago and they still sell those too redcat has been consistant for a vary long time axial killed the yeti the og wraith you can still get a spawn though the og scx10 is gone the yeti xl is gone the ax10 both versions are gone the exo is gone and the xr10 is no more

then theres hpi

and dont forget the assender thats gone by the wayside

losi discontinued alot of rigs too the mini night crawler but you can get the redcat clone the everest 16

the micro crawlers the trail treaker

these are just the ones off the top of my head that were discontinued after i bought my everest 10

redcat is gona ride with there models as long as posable i cant think of one rig they discontinued yet i listed 7 axials 8 if you count both ax10 versions that were discontinued

i just looked on redcats site and the rs10 isent there nether is the everest 16 but it did come up as back ordered on amains site and the rs10 says discontinued

Last edited by ferp420; 07-22-2020 at 10:02 AM.
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2020, 07:03 AM   #142
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturallyRC View Post
Well put. Only way to improve this post would be punctuation. Ha.
why thank you sir

i dont need any more punchtures my tires though they already look like swiss cheese

LOL

enjoy

Last edited by ferp420; 07-23-2020 at 07:08 AM.
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 09:04 AM   #143
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbyjumper View Post
I got one about six weeks ago for the reasons you suggest. It's got more points vulnerable to breakage under normal driving/crashing conditions than my 10ii or Enduro, but some good thought went into the design and it sure does crawl nice. So yeah, I think some of the hate is residual, that is, based on historical Redcat legacy. Anyway, before you crawl anything tough, the one mod you should do is brace the panhard mount or I pretty much guarantee the screws will work loose and the mount will separate from the axle. Here's how I did it, and video proving that it works. Both trucks are Gen8s but mine is the orange one.

https://scontent.fybz2-1.fna.fbcdn.n...04&oe=5F39B978

https://scontent.fybz2-2.fna.fbcdn.n...fe&oe=5F37E068

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1JDGxiLxPw

Cheers...
Thanks for the tips, I will check out the videos. I am still only half way complete in setting it up and so now will be a good time to do that.
Boomer75 is offline   Reply With Quote

What's with all the gen 8 hate? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Redcat gen 8 & gen 7 trailing wicked snow trail for a race shenlonco Scale Videos! 0 02-20-2019 07:05 AM
Redcat gen 8 scout & gen 7 sport ( epic snow trail adventure ) shenlonco Scale Videos! 0 02-08-2019 12:35 PM
xmod gen 1 motor in gen 2 car RootBreaker Micro Scale Rigs 1 08-18-2014 08:40 PM