Notices

Thread: New Quicksand 8274 Winches

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2012, 01:21 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: New Quicksand 8274 Winches

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
i got an email on the 9th asking for address and if i was still interested, but i didnt get asked for a payment.

today i hear a friend has one shipping to him, did i get passed up?
I got that same email. Did you send your info to him.

Have you tried to email again. I am pretty sure there is a pecking order. "first come first server"

If you got that email it was because he has you on the list and pretty sure will be asking for your money soon.
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #42

its all good. he just gmailed me.

in my old age i just know better than assume i'm on a list without making sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saydee1800 View Post
I got that same email. Did you send your info to him.

Have you tried to email again. I am pretty sure there is a pecking order. "first come first server"

If you got that email it was because he has you on the list and pretty sure will be asking for your money soon.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:17 PM   #43
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by novianto View Post
need one, I just sent you email
Got it thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcscaler View Post
hey Neil...
cannot wait to see it in my mail box
Should be there soon, hope you'll be happy with it. Let me know if you have any questions or problems.

I'm sending out payment requests as I get them done, or very close. Trying to build a couple every night, so please bear with me. If you got my email about shipping, you should be getting a payment request soon. (if you have not already) However, if you don't, please let me know. I'm sure it will be at least another week before everyone gets contacted.
QUICKSAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:25 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Hi there i have been away for xmas break an im sure i was on the list but i never got an email saying these bad boys where ready if they are i have the coin waiting.. cheers
jetdog racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:31 PM   #45
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetdog racing View Post
Hi there i have been away for xmas break an im sure i was on the list but i never got an email saying these bad boys where ready if they are i have the coin waiting.. cheers
Yes, I have you on the list. You would be "first alternate" so to speak for this run.

I'll send you a PM, and we'll figure out what is going to happen
Old 01-18-2012, 06:47 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKSAND View Post
Yes, I have you on the list. You would be "first alternate" so to speak for this run.

I'll send you a PM, and we'll figure out what is going to happen

Ok thanks mate
jetdog racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:18 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

It's true they really where remade, beautiful.

Thank you Neil.
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:39 PM   #48
Rock Stacker

You are very welcome, and thank you.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:47 PM   #49
RCC Addict

Can't wait, sweet!
Maddog Madigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:12 PM   #50
RCC Addict

I have two friends here locally who have these and love them. I wish I didn't lose my job or else I'd have one as well I didn't have a good picture of nissan_driver24 bumper and winch but here is Sam's mounted on his bumper

fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:29 AM   #51
Rock Crawler

thanks Neil
I was so excited to get my winches today
well, after I opened the box, I found there is a small gift - winch line

by the way,
how can I hold up the winch line? did not see any hole that I can insert the winch line
rcscaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:48 PM   #52
Rock Stacker

You're welcome, and thank you.

I never put any kind of anchor point for the line on the original winches, but after talking with SDS I figured I'd try something on this round.

You can see there is a small grove on one side of the spool. And if you remove the side support, you will find there is a 2-56 set screw in the end. (of the spool) You will need a 0.035 Allen wrench to loosen this screw a little. Then lay the end of the winch line into the grove and tighten the set screw, while continuing to press the line into place. There's not a lot of thread there, so watch over tightening! This seams to hold pretty well, but it won't hold under power, so be sure to leave a few wraps on the drum when you spool it out.

I hope that this new mod will work out, so any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:49 PM   #53
Rock Crawler

getting itchy waiting! lol
rockrigcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:31 AM   #54
Rock Crawler

alright...thanks for ur reply

well, I just forgot to ask u one more question.
Could u tell me how to run this winch?
I didn't see any wires from the winch, but I did received the servo controller circuit with this winch in the box.

and I did read Unimoger's thread long time ago, and I saw the winch has winch controller installed already.
here are some pics I copied from that thread

so, would u like to post some info about the winch controller part because this new version QS winch doesn't install the winch controller before ship out to buyers.

Thanks a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKSAND View Post
You're welcome, and thank you.

I never put any kind of anchor point for the line on the original winches, but after talking with SDS I figured I'd try something on this round.

You can see there is a small grove on one side of the spool. And if you remove the side support, you will find there is a 2-56 set screw in the end. (of the spool) You will need a 0.035 Allen wrench to loosen this screw a little. Then lay the end of the winch line into the grove and tighten the set screw, while continuing to press the line into place. There's not a lot of thread there, so watch over tightening! This seams to hold pretty well, but it won't hold under power, so be sure to leave a few wraps on the drum when you spool it out.

I hope that this new mod will work out, so any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:52 AM   #55
Rock Crawler

rcscaler"Could u tell me how to run this winch?
I didn't see any wires from the winch, but I did received the servo controller circuit with this winch in the box."

there was an earlier post on them not coming wired at all. QUICKSAND never got involved with the wiring part of these winches in the past. that was his partner, SDS or Unimoger i believe that handled that part.

ive learned that some just run straight off a small esc (b1r, mamba micro, etc) or a different power source.
rockrigcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:56 AM   #56
Rock Crawler

yeah..I was thinking to run straight off a small esc, I did this way for my other winches, but just want to know how to get this winch working and need to figure out how I can do with wiring part.
Well, hope SDS or Unimoger can give us some info

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrigcustoms View Post
rcscaler"Could u tell me how to run this winch?
I didn't see any wires from the winch, but I did received the servo controller circuit with this winch in the box."

there was an earlier post on them not coming wired at all. QUICKSAND never got involved with the wiring part of these winches in the past. that was his partner, SDS or Unimoger i believe that handled that part.

ive learned that some just run straight off a small esc (b1r, mamba micro, etc) or a different power source.

Last edited by rcscaler; 01-22-2012 at 07:03 AM.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:49 PM   #57
Quarry Creeper

getting super anxious now... cant wait till i get my payment request
brandonwalsh420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:42 AM   #58
Rock Stacker

Yes, the original batch of winches were sent - wired with a controller. As rockrig said, I have never been involved with the wiring of these. I sold the assembled winches to MSD, then Unimoger wired them, and provided the storefront so to speak.

When I decided to make more winches and sell them myself, I chose not to wire them in order to lower the cost to you. Especially after finding that a lot of people were using a different controller anyway.

I do not know how to wire the winch using the provided servo board. However, I think it is fairly simple and I would try doing a search for "how to make a servo winch" or something of that nature - if that is the route you would like to take.

I personally would look at buying a ready made winch controller from heyok or Tziworld. There may be others also, but I think those would be good starting places.
And there may be other means of control. I've seen a couple other recommendations here, that I have, and have not understood. At some point I'll do some in-depth searching myself and try to post something up. For now though, I hope that everyone will be able to take care of that part of it, and appreciate the lower price.

Thanks again to everyone that has provided info on this subject, 'cause I haven't a clue.

However, here is something I can provide. Someone requested mounting hole locations and dimensions for the winch.

Mounting screws are 2-56, so I would recommend making holes with a 3/32 drill bit. Winch stands 1-3/4 inches tall.
Attached Images

Old 01-23-2012, 09:07 AM   #59
RCC Addict

Thank you.
Maddog Madigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:07 PM   #60

got my 8724 today.

its every bit worth the money.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote