Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > South Carolina

Notices

Thread: Scale drivers save this date!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 04:34 PM   #21

Default Re: Scale drivers save this date!!!

Well looking like I'm gonna be there also.
Joshhefner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2013, 06:36 PM   #22

Guy's after talking with a few of the guys there has been conflicting schedules mostly just in the afternoon. With that said I have proposed that we start the event by 8:00am. Due to this being private property and limited entrance and exit I ask everyone that will be attending, meet at the huddle house off exit 33 no later then 7:30am. Some of us will be there earlier for breakfast if others would like to join. I would also like to meet this early to ensure plenty of time for a drivers meeting. I hope this does not discourage anyone. I see this as not a problem but an opportunity for everyone to have a good time in the morning with great company and fun, then rounding out the day with our family and friends. Please post any questions or concerns

Respectfully,
Art Pratt

Last edited by Ajppsc; 04-05-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Ajppsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:15 PM   #23
Rock Stacker

Count me in!

~Cyrus
cykb4117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:26 PM   #24

Update Update Update............

Registration and truck checks will begin around 8am, and we expect events to be underway by 8:30am. Estimating a 12-1pm finish, but who knows how long it'll really go.

There will be 4 events, exact rules for each are still being hashed out.Obstacle course, Mud Bog, Hill Climb, and Tug O War.
We'll be using the SORRCA rules ( SORRCA.com ) for scale points, you will get bonus points toward your final score for having scale looks.

Classes will include 1.5,1.9, 2.2 but depending on entries 1.5 and 1.9's may be combined. Exact restrictions are still being finalised, but if you qualify for the SORRCA rules ( SORRCA.com ), you'll be fine. We're not being that strict though. Again this for fun.

Basic restrictions:
No modifications between rounds, only repairs.
4WD only. No 6X6, no tracks.
No motor limit.
No transmission limit.
No rear steer.
No dig.
Must be shaft driven.
Must look like a truck or other realistic vehicle. No XR-10 shells.
Must have a rail chassis similar to SCX-10. No twin-plate crawlers. Tubers such as the Wraith are allowed.
Winches recommended. It'll be way tougher without one.
You'll also need tow ropes of some sort, to be carried on vehicle.
***THERE WILL BE ABSOLUTELY NO TOUCHING!!!***
Water proofing STRONGLY recommended, you WILL get wet/muddy.

Tire Ban List:
Losi Claws (all sizes, and types)
Hot Bodies Rovers (all sizes)
Hot Bodies Sedonas
HPI Rock Grabbers
Panther Cougars
Panther Leopards
Pro-Line Chisels (all sizes)
RC4WD Rocklin
RC4WD X-Locks (all sizes)
RC4WD Crazy Crawlers
Imex Skulls and Bones
Losi Bashers
Sand paddles ( this one is for you BILL )

If you have a question about your rig and whether it'll be allowed to run, please PM me NOW so we can sort it out or clarify anything prior to you getting out there.

Stuff to bring:
Trucks, transmitter, batteries, charger, and spare parts!
Bug spray
Sunblock.
Drinks (beer if you want).
Cameras!
Lawn chairs if you would like to sit on something.

The area we are going, I would say may be a little difficult for a car to get to and people that don't have trucks, carpooling may be recommended. If you need a ride, or want to save on fuel, please say so. Also if you have spare seats, please let us know as well. I have a truck and can run up to 5 counting myself from the huddle house off exit 33.

Now for the somewhat serious part. All entrants will need to sign a waiver. We don't expect anything to happen, but just in case...

Also, should you cause problems for others, you may be asked to leave. We're trying to keep this fun, and we don't want anyone to ruin it for others. In short, don't be a dick or throw a temper tantrum, and we'll all be fine. This is a family event, and there will be kids there, so make sure yours are under control as well. This is a privately owned property everything we bring in goes with us when we leave.

This thread will be updated as more details are added/finalised.

Last edited by Ajppsc; 04-17-2013 at 10:56 AM.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:41 PM   #25
Rock Stacker

think i can make this
little more wrenching and i should be done
cant wait to meet newbies
freakylee77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:10 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

what would make it difficult to get there by car? Ruts,mud????Is the Huddle House close enough for someone to transport people back and forth accouple times to get everyone there? And where would we leave our cars at? Also I'm guessing that Wraith's are going in class 3?
hatefulboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:19 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatefulboy View Post
what would make it difficult to get there by car? Ruts,mud????Is the Huddle House close enough for someone to transport people back and forth accouple times to get everyone there? And where would we leave our cars at? Also I'm guessing that Wraith's are going in class 3?
you can get there in your car ok provided your not driving a low rider, there is room just inside the gate to park also.
jeepman1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:29 PM   #28

Quote:

Like jeepman said you could probably get in with your car(if its not to low to the ground),however there are ruts and potential for mud.

So it is up to you,I am more then willing to meet anyone at the huddle house if someone would like to park there car there. Also by the way it is a truckstop with a huddle house so there is plenty of parking. Truck stop is no more then 3 miles from where we will be having the event.

Yes the wraith would be considered a class 3 and there will be a few of them out there.

Hope that i have answered all of your questions and hope that you can make it. Any other questions please let me know. Thanks
Old 04-09-2013, 09:28 AM   #29

I'll be in for the event. All 4 possibly. And I'm bringing a truck so I can fit 3-4 more.
Chevymonster350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:54 PM   #30
Pebble Pounder

I should be there too. Def have the Wraith, and trying to get my JK finished for a Class 2 1.9'er.

Question Art: How muddy will the trucks be gettin? And how deep is the water? You know I don't do the whole submarine thing.
Full_Throttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlandrc View Post
I should be there too. Def have the Wraith, and trying to get my JK finished for a Class 2 1.9'er.

Question Art: How muddy will the trucks be gettin? And how deep is the water? You know I don't do the whole submarine thing.
it will be muddy! it a clay mud so it is sticky, and the water is not that deep, dont think we will be completly under the water.
jeepman1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:32 PM   #32

Quote:

Midland I posted up a few pics of our last outing on my profile you can access it on the pic URL I posted on the page before this. There is a pic there that shows how muddy you could get and from the looks of that pic I would say you have the potential for getting nasty.

We will not have any submerging in water in this event there will just be a area that is about 2-3" deep and that will basically round out our water adventure, however the mud is what everyone really needs to worry about when it comes to water.

Sorry for the delayed response been real busy at work lately but I am ready for some trail running this weekend anyone that's interested bill and I are going to the area where the event will be held. Just text me if you would like to go 706-464-4772.

Last edited by Ajppsc; 04-17-2013 at 10:59 AM.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:26 PM   #33
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for explanation Art! Will the mud be confined to the "Mud Bog" section, or is it a part of all the others. I'll just sit out on the Bog part if so.
Full_Throttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:43 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Thanks for explanation Art! Will the mud be confined to the "Mud Bog" section, or is it a part of all the others. I'll just sit out on the Bog part if so.
Im debating not going to the gulches event that day. I think i may try to join yall but ill be sitting out the mud as well.

Sent from my DROIDX
skerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:23 PM   #35

Quote:

That's correct mud will only be in the mud bog part of the event. Brooks can I add you to the list then?
Old 04-13-2013, 08:18 AM   #36
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajppsc View Post
That's correct mud will only be in the mud bog part of the event. Brooks can I add you to the list then?
I will know for sure this week

Sent from my DROIDX
skerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:33 PM   #37

Sounds good brooks, guys keep posting that way I can add you too the list I would like to get a good count in order to figure out the lunch arrangement. Two weeks away!
Old 04-15-2013, 06:14 AM   #38
Rock Crawler

Add me to the list. I may have 3 more with me. I have a question about changing stuff. Can you change tires between rounds or do you have to run what you start with? I was wanting to change for the mud bog.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #39

Quote:
Add me to the list. I may have 3 more with me. I have a question about changing stuff. Can you change tires between rounds or do you have to run what you start with? I was wanting to change for the mud bog.

That's great that you will be able to make it. Can't wait to meet you and the guys/gals that you bring.

Answer to your question is as of right now the rules say no modifications only repairs. You will basically run what you start with. There will be time to look at the course in order to make your own judgement before starting. Thanks
Old 04-16-2013, 01:03 PM   #40
Rock Crawler

OK guess I'll just run the TSL's. Was going to switch to Goggers for the mud. LOL So we are going to meet at exit33 off I20 at 7:30 right? Got a wraith I'm working on for a friend right now hope to have it ready for him by the 27th. Built a wraith for his son this past Christmas now he's got one.

Scale drivers save this date!!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scale Run Date cmyers1 South Carolina 12 03-23-2011 09:34 PM
Date change for this weekends scale comp Rogue Colorado 35 05-29-2010 11:52 AM