Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Been thinking about a new super

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 10:41 AM   #161
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by yocci@J View Post
Does anyone can explain longer wheel base is better or shorter wheel base is better?
I am thinking that if the wheel base couldnt reach the rock to climb up, that is something bad luck...
Yoshiaki, with rear steer and dig it's better to be a little on the long side. The rules state the it has to be between 16" and 18" I think somewhere between 17" and 17.5" would be perfect.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2009, 05:07 PM   #162

Thank you for the wheel base, I think its better to keep it around 17inches!

Question about the chassis, if the chassis bend and flex like hinge, is it legal?
All the links are fix mount, but if the chassis itself bend, it is fix mount but act like un-fix mount.

Give me advice before I start thinking seriously and making it!

Old 11-22-2009, 01:11 PM   #163
I wanna be Dave

Well I have been doing some serious thinking and I have decided to try the Bully axles before I tie up the time and money on the Bergs.
I think I can make the gears live in either because I do not run weight on the wheels of my supers.
Now the Question is with the soon to be released mid width Bully which one to buy?
The next Question is going to be what to power this new beast I will be building with.
I thought about going twin brushless but just can not bring myself to go that way.
I like wheelspeed but I also want to have plenty of low end grunt.
As of now I am thinking of going with JRH's ESC's and maybe 45-55t motors on 4 cells or maybe more.
Any thoughts on this?
joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 01:30 PM   #164
Rock Crawler

I am ordering a set of bully's this week. I'm trying to decide on the width as well. Time to retire my clod / hustler. I'm running dual mamba max, dx6i stick, 8711 servo's, Rocksmith Titanium links. Been thinking of going with a 4c lipo. Currently been running max amps 3c 2200. I have never ran brushless, what's the pro's / con's to that?

What chassis are you going to use? I'm been looking real hard at jpcustoms hellstrom.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 01:31 PM   #165
[HOONIGAN]

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesbruiser View Post
Well I have been doing some serious thinking and I have decided to try the Bully axles before I tie up the time and money on the Bergs.
I think I can make the gears live in either because I do not run weight on the wheels of my supers.
Now the Question is with the soon to be released mid width Bully which one to buy?
The next Question is going to be what to power this new beast I will be building with.
I thought about going twin brushless but just can not bring myself to go that way.
I like wheelspeed but I also want to have plenty of low end grunt.
As of now I am thinking of going with JRH's ESC's and maybe 45-55t motors on 4 cells or maybe more.
Any thoughts on this?

This is prety much the route I'm thinking if I end up building a super over the winter. I think the mid width bullies are going to be about right. I'm thinking about a 12" overall track width would be about right with some enlarged 2.2 tires. What width are you shooting for, and with what tires?
As far as motors, HH Pullers could be an option. I'm sure some 10t's on 3s and tall gearing would give you good low and still get up and go without too much heat. JRH might have to shime in on that though. Other than that some handwound 45t's on 4-6s should do the trick. I'm running HH 45t's on 4s with the HH esc in the 2.2 berg for next season, we'll see how that is once I finish building it.
Wrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 01:33 PM   #166
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
I am ordering a set of bully's this week. I'm trying to decide on the width as well. Time to retire my clod / hustler. I'm running dual mamba max, dx6i stick, 8711 servo's, Rocksmith Titanium links. Been thinking of going with a 4c lipo. Currently been running max amps 3c 2200. I have never ran brushless, what's the pro's / con's to that?

What chassis are you going to use? I'm been looking real hard at jpcustoms hellstrom.

When it comes to brushless the Censored in runners would give incredible low end and wheel speed.
As for chassis I am not sure yet.I have one custom chassis here and I plan on talking to the guy that made it and see if he will change a couple things and cut me one out of CF.
joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:37 PM   #167
I wanna be Dave

I just sold my Hustler chassis, and now need to figure out what chassis :?. For electronics, I plan on eather my FXRs or Holmes BR-XLs. If I don't use the FXRs I will run 4c on the BR. Definatly going to use HHH 45t on this truck.

I plan on using the Bullys also, if I can sell my Clods. If not I will run them again. I finaly have the TTR CVDs. They should hold up now.
70duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:51 PM   #168
[HOONIGAN]

Any updates on your super Jason?
Wrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:17 PM   #169
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecker View Post
Any updates on your super Jason?
Most of the parts are here. Patrick has the wheels in his hands and is building me the tires. I should have those back this week, then we'll get to building.

I've been super busy between closing the RCC hq, adding a room to my house, and the holidays.

I need to get a place setup here at the house so that I can get to building this rig.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:30 PM   #170
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70duncan View Post
I just sold my Hustler chassis, and now need to figure out what chassis :?.
R2J! If you'd like another tuber.
R2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:36 PM   #171
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2j View Post
R2J! If you'd like another tuber.

Thank for the offer. I will be going with a TVP chassis this time. But I am sending you a PM for another project that I have comming up . Some thing like Rodney's TOY.
70duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:37 PM   #172
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70duncan View Post
Thank for the offer. I will be going with a TVP chassis this time. But I am sending you a PM for another project that I have comming up . Some thing like Rodney's TOY.

Awesome!!!
R2j is offline   Reply With Quote