Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: KCs New Clod "Pounder"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 08:12 AM   #41
Rock Stacker

Default Re: KCs New Clod "Pounder"

Truck turned out awesome. My next project is gonna be a clod. Wondering what battery you're running?
RickGrimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2013, 12:33 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickGrimes View Post
Truck turned out awesome. My next project is gonna be a clod. Wondering what battery you're running?
thanks alot....Im running a Gens Ace 2s 5000mah 50 C battery
Kingclod27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:34 PM   #43
Quarry Creeper

Clod Pounder Test run #1 - YouTube
Old 05-01-2013, 07:49 AM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Took the Clod to the race the weekend and it ran very well..love the Tekins...Getting ready for Diggers Dungeon now...I have to lighten the suspension, I'm using 35wt oil and I think I'm gonna drop to 20wt.. Also might make a tire swap..other than that very happy with the truck..

Old 05-01-2013, 07:50 AM   #45
Quarry Creeper

Ok small update... CVDs on the way (should be here today), 20wt shock oil on the way, and new Rumbles on the way...The truck will sit lower and I should get my squat back on acceleration and braking.. will help me get around the corners better...
Old 05-04-2013, 12:45 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Ok so now the the GP is done, its time for a tear down of the Clod...I got the new Rumble tires, CVDs and lighter 20wt shock oil... This should lower the ride height even more with the smaller Rumbles and the ligher oil should give me the droop I want...then ill clean it up and get it back together...Im hoping I can get this done today! lol

Old 05-05-2013, 11:32 AM   #47
Quarry Creeper

Ok so last night I couldn't sleep so I decided to work on the Clod lol... Got the truck tore down and the CVDs in the axles...I regreased the gears too. Got them back together and cleaned off...Then I got the shocks tore down, gonna clean them off and get the new oil in it.. Watching race as I work is giving me inspiration..to keep working should have the Clod together today...I do need to go to the hardware store and find a longer bolt for the CVDs to work with the TXT hubs and wheels.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:53 PM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Got the links wrapped in heat shrink...and the Clod back together...everything feels good so hopefully ill have a test run soon...It does sit lower and the CVDs gave me the width I was looking for..I do have a small amount of droop while the truck is at rest so the 20wt shock oil worked pretty good..I might have to go to the 4-hole pistons at sum point....After I get longer bolts for the CVDs I will do a test run and put her up til Diggers Dungeon

Old 05-07-2013, 07:27 AM   #49
Quarry Creeper

Ok Clod essentially finished....gotta do a test run but this is how she will look for Diggers Dungeon World Finals

Old 05-12-2013, 08:06 AM   #50
Quarry Creeper

So awesome! When is diggers? I live 10 minutes from there- been racing bajas there lately
Hoyta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:40 AM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingclod27 View Post
Ok Clod essentially finished....gotta do a test run but this is how she will look for Diggers Dungeon World Finals

So how did it do at the world finals
1beatjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:17 PM   #52
Quarry Creeper

World Finals is actually next weekend...memorial day

Im hoping it does well, Im happy with the setup and the added upgrades make it feel way better...The Pro-Mod class should be stacked this year so im excited
Old 05-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #53
Quarry Creeper

Did a lil early morning testing to see how the truck felt with the new setup..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOiiTZnncM4
Old 05-25-2013, 08:10 PM   #54
Quarry Creeper

Saw this truck today at diggers, at the table with some other ones like 505. Awesome lookin truck man! Didn't stay around to introduce myself as I had to run
Hoyta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:30 AM   #55
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyta View Post
Saw this truck today at diggers, at the table with some other ones like 505. Awesome lookin truck man! Didn't stay around to introduce myself as I had to run
Thanks for the kinds words dude...Everyone seemed to like this truck...even Dennis lol..(even tho it was Bigfoot!)
Old 06-05-2013, 07:33 AM   #56
Quarry Creeper

The Double K chassis felt great with the new setup but without qualifying I wasnt able to get a feel for the track and the truck. The Clod was called up first and got the hole shot but I over corrected off the first jump and it sent me over the inside tube into the other lane for a DQ...Finished the course and actually caught up...Hopefully Ill get a chance to race it again..me and the 505 guys lan on going to race with the RCMTC-NY guys.... here are a few pics of it at WF8 all finished.

Dennis loved all of our solid axles! We had them on display!

Old 06-13-2013, 09:04 PM   #57
Pebble Pounder

Great looking truck!
quick5pnt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:55 AM   #58
Quarry Creeper

Got the Double K back together too....Almost done, just need to paint the wheels black and shoogoo them down... It sits a lot wider now because of the wideners but it will have CVDs and TXT wheel setup again once TTR does their run of CVDs

Truck now has Toro 4300kv systems, same Savox servo, stock driveshafts, Stock plastic knuckles in rear and Integy aluminum knuckles in front, Tweaked wideners on stock clod wheels and custom shaved tires....It is wider than it was before and not a huge fan of the way it looks, but I will get it back to the original setup or use a smaller set of wideners to fix that...also might go to 4WS, this truck will only be raced at events where more than 2 trucks are allowed

A few "Garagae" pics lol.... Sporting his new CowRC decal!

Old 06-20-2013, 07:15 AM   #59
Quarry Creeper

Got my new stock Clod wheels so I sanded the chrome off and painted them black...used the shorter TTR wideners and the same shaved tires and it looks MUCH better!..... Its is now the same width as the Diablo (with the CVD/TXT hardware setup). Going to add Tom's bottle cap wheel hubs and she will be ready!!

The width is perfect now...Same as Megatron. Ill try to take sum good outside pics this weekend

Old 06-24-2013, 07:10 AM   #60
Quarry Creeper

Here is a small test of the Toro Leopard Brushless motor systems.... 4370kv motors, single 2s Gens Ace lipo

Double K clod buster chassis Toro motor test - YouTube

KCs New Clod "Pounder" - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BADDMANS C1 called 50Cal """XR10 up grade""" baddman 1.9 Scale Rigs 21 08-27-2012 11:56 PM
"Victim" or "V2" a "Country Boy Customs" class 3 Mighty1 2.2 Scale Rigs 10 05-06-2011 10:56 PM