Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya CR-01

Notices

Thread: drive shafts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2008, 07:55 AM   #41
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatwoul View Post
I emailed these guys, and they seemed helpful and friendly. Unfortunately, so far as I can tell these shafts are too long for a CR-01. The stock shafts are roughly 60mm contracted, and 90mm extended, so even the shorter thundertech shaft would be too long by almost an inch.

Shame, because they looked like my favourites so far. I like the idea of having shafts that break before anything more serious does.
I am working with Darren at Thunder Tech to see if we can offer a set for the CR01
rm25x is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2008, 01:22 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm25x View Post
I am working with Darren at Thunder Tech to see if we can offer a set for the CR01
Cool keep me posted.
fatwoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:42 PM   #43

has anyone tried the #54108 from tamiya usa
reinforced drive shaft?
confusednub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:17 PM   #44
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusednub View Post
has anyone tried the #54108 from tamiya usa
reinforced drive shaft?
To me that's more of an axle shaft, seeing as it's part of the axle I want hardened diff gears, and cvds,oh and they are not even aval yet from tamiya anyway

Last edited by Joat; 10-02-2008 at 04:16 PM.
Joat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 08:21 AM   #45
Rock Stacker

Hey guys, there's these one's by xspede, which I haven't tried

http://www.hobbyetc.com/cgi-bin/item.cgi?part_id=57435
TrickyNickro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 01:55 PM   #46

Drive Shaft for CR-01-good & cheap

http://www.stellamodels.net/catalog/...oducts_id=3579

Good luck!

David

vcar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 04:08 PM   #47
Rock Crawler

To me there should one specific for each axle, shorter for the front and longer for the rear, my wheel base is stock, but no canti's and I have tired to mod a topcad to work better for the front, but there is not enough material to shorten the driveshaft and still leave enough" meat" for durability, and it it's current state with cvd is actually restriciting movement and I have also modded it to give me more cvd clearence but again not enough material.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:21 PM   #48

Hi Guys, Just on the topcad shafts, Aquired some yesterday aswell as a 3racing alu set. I've got no problem with them being too long for the front. They may have redesigned them maybe. They look great if you like the aluminium look. One thing they did need is a smearing of grease to slide smooth.
tommijeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:48 PM   #49
Quarry Creeper

has anyone looked and the integy

http://www.integy.com/cgi-bin/webc.c...=5842&p_catid=

i've got them for both my cr-01 and my ax10. tore them apart when i got them threadlocked everything and shrink wrapped the ends to keep the pins in place...
needs2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:04 AM   #50
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by biteme View Post
has anyone looked and the integy

http://www.integy.com/cgi-bin/webc.c...=5842&p_catid=

i've got them for both my cr-01 and my ax10. tore them apart when i got them threadlocked everything and shrink wrapped the ends to keep the pins in place...
Same ones I have, integy rebadged theirs, since both shafts are the same length, the front one is way to long and not enough angle to give me full articulation,I ve tried to shorten mine to no aval and also increase the working angle and still does not work, stock wheelbase, no canti's ,JIA and Eeepee mod.

Last edited by Joat; 11-11-2008 at 12:07 AM.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:51 AM   #51
Powered by Awesome

just got my driveshafts last night from 3Racing in hongkong.. 20 bucks.. the front is shorter then the rear which is perfect! nice and beefy, pretty little blue color *aw* , used the stock pins to install on the tanny and axles. we will see how strong they are, but they seem pretty good! full metal end to end...

the 3Racing and Integy driveshafts are the same.
TwistedXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:57 AM   #52
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedXT View Post
just got my driveshafts last night from 3Racing in hongkong.. 20 bucks.. the front is shorter then the rear which is perfect! nice and beefy, pretty little blue color *aw* , used the stock pins to install on the tanny and axles. we will see how strong they are, but they seem pretty good! full metal end to end...

the 3Racing and Integy driveshafts are the same.
The 3racing and integy are not the same, the 3r is exposed pin and looks to be all alum construction for the slider part of the shaft, the integy is a rebadged topcad ,alum sleeve over a steel inner slider,and looking at the pics of the 3r I dont see how one is shorter unless the pic is outdated?
Old 11-26-2008, 07:58 AM   #53
RCC Addict

I think I can hold out and make the stock shafts last until the Tamiya 95mm front and 85mm rear Steel shafts come out. Part #s 54113 and 54112. I love how they don't tell you when they will be out.
860Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 08:53 AM   #54
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 860Crawler View Post
I think I can hold out and make the stock shafts last until the Tamiya 95mm front and 85mm rear Steel shafts come out. Part #s 54113 and 54112. I love how they don't tell you when they will be out.
I think Tamiya got the orientation backwards.
I give up waiting for Tamiya to come out with hopups, they are taking way to long and need to take some pointers from LOSI!
Old 11-26-2008, 09:15 AM   #55
Rock Crawler

I've had t-maxx shafts in mine since march, and have yet to break or twist one, and no damage to the tranny either.
Nate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:38 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickyNickro View Post
Hey guys, there's these one's by xspede, which I haven't tried

http://www.hobbyetc.com/cgi-bin/item.cgi?part_id=57435
Horrible! Don't by these whatever you do! I bought some and they don't even fit without grinding down your transmission shafts.

I then bought the HR ones and they are super sturdy with a clean look, and are also easy to take apart, I highly recommend them.
SullivanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 03:18 PM   #57