Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Low C.O.G. XRC comp rig! XRC tech!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2007, 09:24 PM   #61
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanerc
Hello, don't tell anyone that I said this but by shortening the distance that the shaft protrude from the R2 tranny you can greatly relieve pinion angles. If you're handy with a Dremel this is a pretty easy mod.

Now for the disclaimer: We assume no liability if you try modifying anything.

David
well i didnt go with the r2 stuck it out with the pede, its kinda heavy

heres my setup, i still want the bta soon or later

oo i run mashers or moabs, the j hawgs were for bashing around

any suggestions are totally welcome
Attached Images

sleek6mt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2007, 09:29 PM   #62
I wanna be Dave

Awesome rig.

I still like the j hawgs just useless for crawling.
FrankyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:14 AM   #63
Rock Crawler

the j-hawgs make it look aggressive.
Rc EnthuSiasTs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 02:50 PM   #64
RCC Addict

I just wanted to bring this back up front as a lot of people are asking about XRC tech info as well as 4 link and shock placement. The lines the we drew earlier are for the purpose of examining link geometry. Without being redundant if you really want to understand link geometry you need to study it a bit and not just expect someone to tell you what is right and what is wrong. I made referance to several things that you can just look up on the web and learn a lot. Terms such as C.O.G. which most of us know as "center of gravity", but how many understand exactly what the "center of gravity" is on a vehicle? Simply said it's the point where the majority of mass of any object is found. In that respect on our crawlers we want the center of gravity as low as possible in most cases.

Some people love to build and love the science behind 4 link geometry. Some people just want to drive and keep it simple. Some people's 3 and 4 link rigs work terrible while others are fantastic. A lot of time it can be left to chance if you don't truly understand link geometry and weight distribution. Any information that I give you should be used as guidelines and not set in stone rules.

Thanks,
David
Xtreme Rc Hobbies
insanerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:40 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobil1syn
you mind snappin a shot of your rig from the top. im intrested how much room there is around the trans and motor. thanks
anyone?
mobil1syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:45 PM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Off David's site, best I can do for ya:

Put battery on front axle or links, put RX/TX/ESC on frame somewhere, PLENTY of room.
I will be putting my ESC on the front battery, that will be on the links.
TLTCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 04:41 PM   #67
RCC Addict

This is as close to a top shot as I have.
Attached Images

wrightcs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 04:43 PM   #68
RCC Addict

I have a Losi triple X transmission wtih a mamba 25 on top of the tranny. The motor is a Revolver 1. The receiver (Spektrum) is mounted on a piece of lexan above the rear driveshaft.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:59 PM   #69
RCC Addict

Here is a pic of the top of my chassis.

Thanks,
Casey
Attached Images

Old 08-18-2007, 07:06 AM   #70
RCC Addict

I have a lot of people asking me about XRC setup tech that missed all of this the first time round. As far as the top views from above the XRC is probably the most transmission friendly 2.2 chassis out there with it's opened up design. Now with the introduction of the XRC V-2, you are assured a very competitive rig.

David
Xtreme Rc Hobbies
insanerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 07:46 PM   #71
Quarry Creeper

look guys.. i have got an xrc v2. it works so good. i have a builb thead in tlt. NEW XRC. i now have one more on order with david. he is real good to work with. thx david.. this is the best set up i have seen and worked with.
bill c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 11:28 PM   #72
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanerc View Post
Thanks for the kind words about our chassis. I for one do not subscribe to the notion that either torsion or 4 link is best. I think one should build and drive what they like and what works for them. Rewind, 4 links with cantilevers high in the sky. Hell if your truck wasn't a foot off the ground it was not accepted. Fast forward, the 4 link has been slammed in most cases, cantilever is caveman lingo, and the torsion rig is making its big push to show itself more than competitive. I started to design a torsion rig just weeks ago but found my design to be too much like another vendors so I scraped it. I still may design a torsion rig if I think I have a credible idea that works and is original.

Torsion rigs do offer a lot for the money in most cases. Four links are more costly to the customer but you pay for what you want. To some the look of a more realistic chassis and suspension setup is well worth the cost. I'd say it was similar to spending a ton of money on wheels or a paint job that could both be had for much less.

My reason for making the push to upgrade our XRC 4 link platform is simple. I have been involved in RC for ov er 30 years and am competitive as all hell. And whether it's a torsion or 4 link I'm going to try and push it to the limit. The rest is up to the hobbyist and their hunger to win

David
Xtreme Rc Hobbies
i have this and a torsion and i put the torsion parts on the xrc..got better results with it seemedto hookup better
dotson is offline   Reply With Quote