Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: Bronco build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2012, 10:25 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Bronco build

The short wheelbase of the CC01 really makes it quite unique in terms of lines/clearance. My mate has an SCX10 too and every now and then I find a line that's fine for me but impossible for him. But on the other hand, there are very few lines he picks that the CC01 can't do also. The only down fall is steep climbs where the length of the SCX10 helps keep it from tipping over.
derb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2012, 10:39 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Ah man, pics will do! If you are on Win7, you should try MovieMaker - it's way easy to splice and edit quite vids, or post some raw footage, that camera will work great! Sounds fun that it's working out well man.
Manfjourde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:38 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

ok, after a few test runs....I think I got the images figgured out!!

Still waiting on my parts from asiatees...

Got a few things done to the Gold Digger, detailed the front bumper a little with a better winch hook made from the small allen wrench that comes w/ the kit, brass D rings and mounts, a stinger thingy and the hinge that acts as body mount and pivot for the body to tilt forward. Theres a kickstand for the body, just a piece of wire that hinges on the bottom portion of the factory body posts. Also made mounts for the HiLift to ride on the hood, just sheet brass but quite rugged!
I did take it out for quick spin this AM on a rock wall behind my house. The front diff is definitly getting locked up!!!! with such low ground clearance and all that crap hanging down from the chassis it gets hung up on raindrops..............so when the upgrade parts show up and it gets its first teardown the bottom of the chassis is going to be cleaned up as well. I need to calibrate my radio with the ESC because Im not getting full response in reverse. I also need to get a battery tray made for the 2 9v batteries that will run the lights. I hooked up the TLU to a 9v just to see if it would work and as far as I can tell it works fine! the only problem is that it dosent put out enough voltage to make my incandecent headligts shine brightly, hence the 2 9v batteries. Hooking up the headlights directly to a 9v makes em shine nicely but not too bright......not much else to say so on to the pics, lets hope I got it sorted this time!

thanks for looking and Manfo Im trying out moviemaker but Im pretty illiterate when it comes to 'puters so dont expect much....lol
whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

damnit..........once again....sorry for the huge pics.........cant even figgure out pics I dont know if I even want to try to mess with video!!
Old 09-24-2012, 10:12 AM   #25
Rock Crawler

Wow - those pics are tiny! ;)
It's looking great -
You mentioned the esc - if it's the tamiya one, you don't get full reverse, so it's not a calibration issue, it's just the tamiya esc.
B94Cast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:28 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by B94Cast View Post
Wow - those pics are tiny! ;)
It's looking great -
You mentioned the esc - if it's the tamiya one, you don't get full reverse, so it's not a calibration issue, it's just the tamiya esc.
Thank you sir for confirming my suspicions!

and as far as the stock ESC goes I guess its ok but I happen to have a brand spanky new MMP that might just find its way into this truck.
thanks for the input guys!
Old 09-25-2012, 05:33 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

got a box of aluminum today! off to the workbench tonight
Old 09-28-2012, 05:26 AM   #28
Rock Stacker

Those pics look great

from space...
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:07 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Welcome abailey21! I feel honored you made your first post on my thread, and it's even an insult!!! I think we have a smartass in the making....lol
the pics come up a decent size on my puter, dont know how they come up on yours.....
Old 09-28-2012, 05:13 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

For real, what the heck!?! Bigger is better and this truck is sick.
Manfjourde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:01 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Nice looking Bronc and the scale details are great!
SFC K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:54 AM   #32
Quarry Creeper

I had plans of working on this thing this weekend but I lost a good friend in a car accident on thursday, been kind of an exasperating week since then, update first part of next week..........
Old 10-21-2012, 12:14 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Well guys, its been almost a month and I havent really touched this rig, I did the install the aluminum parts I picked up form asiatees. Not too happy with the rear mounts so Im going to make new ones if I can get motivated to do anything w/ this build. When my buddy got killed in the accident I kind of inherited a 1:1 project thats been taking up most of my time, sorry if you all were expecting more updates but life does get in the way sometimes...........
Old 10-21-2012, 12:52 PM   #34
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
Welcome abailey21! I feel honored you made your first post on my thread, and it's even an insult!!! I think we have a smartass in the making....lol
the pics come up a decent size on my puter, dont know how they come up on yours.....
We've had a smartass for a very long time my new internet friend

Without trying to be sarcastic, I do like the larger pics because I can get some detailed pics and more detail is always good when I'm researching others rides.

No disrespect intended, but my "smartassness" always comes through ;)
Old 10-22-2012, 06:49 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

NP abailey, just givin ya ha hard time....its all good
Old 10-22-2012, 06:57 PM   #36
Rock Stacker

surprisingly the pics are of normal size on my laptop
Old 11-19-2012, 08:09 AM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Well, well, well,.......had a moment of clarity last night and got to work on this long overdue project. Dash is painted and instaled, lights are all working and the servo winch is back in action! I still need to build some better rear shock/link mounts wich Im going to tackle tonight and then get going on relocating the frame side link mounts to tuck em up out of the way. More later with pics
Old 11-19-2012, 07:04 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

The styrene dash

new front bumper until get some steel work going

thats about all I got to today....I had to replace the front bumper because I stupidly drilled the holes for the stinger in a real bad place and the first rock I hit broke the end of the bumper off....
I got the GPM steering kit in and with a little fitment and a dab of JB Weld its working wonderfully, 4 link installed but I really need to make new mounting points that are tucked away a little more.

I have had little time to run this thing much but the 4 or 5 packs I have put thru it have been a lot of fun, you really have to drive these rigs and pick your lines carefully but I am continually impressed with what this rig is capable of with just a couple mods and a new power plant.

Last edited by whiplash; 11-19-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:18 PM   #39
Rock Crawler

Dash looks great, those keys are a very nice touch but I bet they were a pain to make.
derb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:34 AM   #40
Quarry Creeper

suprisingly no Derb, they were pretty easy to make just hard to hold onto while shaping but not too bad! you cant really see it but I made a yellow key tag like youd get from a dealer too. I think Im going to scrap the idea of a full interior, I dont want to add the weight. Im thinking a modified Dingo "interior" may go in there if I run across one. Also I didnt think to get a pic but theres an interior rear view mirror, fold down sun visors and a CB radio mounted to the roof

Bronco build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Bronco build TheOgre Axial SCX-10 0 02-18-2012 08:07 PM
CR-01 Bronco Build Pathung Tamiya CR-01 42 09-04-2011 06:41 AM
My Bronco Build Gimp Axial SCX-10 66 02-23-2010 02:05 AM
Another Bronco build drtrydr2000 2.2 Scale Rigs 35 03-28-2009 09:18 PM