Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: Bronco build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 05:08 AM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Bronco build

just a small photo update, a shot of the Tamiya TLT mounts I used to get the link mounts tucked up in the chassis

the spare tire is a cut stocker on a narrowed stock wheel with the bumper/body mount

a side shot of the reverse funny car body mount and kickstand

a full shot of the dash, sun visors, CB radio and rearview mirror

here she is with some of her room mates

these things are addicting! you can see in the last shot I did build the FJ40 but havent finished it or done any upgrades, its going to be run all stock with the exception of tires and wheels of course. I figgured WTH I have all these spare stock parts so I might as well keep one all stock for friends to run since none of my buddies are into RCs enough to buy one. Next on the ol' want list is a Jeep or a 'Jero, want to try out a hardbody CC 01, eventually I would like to have all the factory versions in my collection!!
whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2012, 11:01 AM   #42
Pebble Pounder

Great paint work! and I really like the waterproofing containers great idea! Iam going to have to change mine for the Nikko jeep body when I get around to starting on it..nice build!

JC
DieselJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:20 PM   #43
Quarry Creeper

I picked those tubs up at the dollar store, 12 of em for a buck and the ESC sits in one quite nicely and rec is in the other, I wouldent call them water proof, more like water resistant........definitly wont be taking this one swimming!

thanks for the compliment DieselJC, if you saw it up close you wouldent say that...lol I despise painting lexan.......
Old 11-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #44
Rock Crawler

Nice work on the 4-link mounts and that interior is great, I like your ideas.
derb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 10:48 PM   #45
Quarry Creeper

Well.....6 years since Ive posted anything about this little rig. Mostly because of a little vacation from RC to fiddle with motorcycles and cars again..... Anyway, I still have this little gem and treated her to a new ESC and a bit of freshening up. She got a QuicRun wp1080 and a little reworking of the wiring as well as a new radio system. The RC4WD tires are long gone having been replaced by a set of MRC stock wheels and tires. Not quite scale but they do sooo much better in every aspect on the trail. I did try and tune the suspension with the Traxxas front shocks and got them working pretty well with the stock CC01 springs, preload clips and light oil. I can hardly wait to get this thing out on the trails again or at least to a gravel pit to dial in the ESC

Ive caught the RC bug again and plan on digging out each rig and going over them as well as a mega truck SCX10 project that'll get finished up soon. I'll post up some pics of "The Gold Digger" (wife named it..)CC01 out in its natural environment soon, not that its changed much at all really...….

Bronco build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Bronco build TheOgre Axial SCX-10 0 02-18-2012 08:07 PM
CR-01 Bronco Build Pathung Tamiya CR-01 42 09-04-2011 06:41 AM
My Bronco Build Gimp Axial SCX-10 66 02-23-2010 02:05 AM
Another Bronco build drtrydr2000 2.2 Scale Rigs 35 03-28-2009 09:18 PM