Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Kyle's LN/CC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2011, 09:06 PM   #41
Pebble Pounder

Your Rig looks AWESOME!!
Perfect color scheme, it looks really tight.
Now I want one.
Was it a custom built DMG?
I didnt see any in the DMG thread that had stingers like yours.
Kill joy question but how much extra weight are you carrying up top now?
Does it affect handling in any meaningful way?
Captain Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2011, 07:39 AM   #42
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtpdm5 View Post
thats not too bad, i know what you're saying about the significant other being uninterested (my wife kicks my ass at driving every time, and still says to my face that its a stupid little truck).
Don't have to worry about her beating me, she still can't figure out the concept of two joysticks for XBOX lol but at least she accepts/supports my hobby...she was even the one that bought the LNC, battery, and charger for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by untchabl View Post
Well, I went with option #1 on mine. Works fine but I'm waiting on RCBros to release the high clearance knuckles and OTA steering that is designed for the 20-deg c's. It is in the works but not ready yet.
What exactly has to be modified for it to work? Not sure if I trust my Dremel skills on the thin section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Midnight View Post
Your Rig looks AWESOME!!
Perfect color scheme, it looks really tight.
Now I want one.
Was it a custom built DMG?
I didnt see any in the DMG thread that had stingers like yours.
Kill joy question but how much extra weight are you carrying up top now?
Does it affect handling in any meaningful way?
Thanks! Had to stick with blue considering I've used the name BlUiCe for years and couldn't pass up the chance for Rock Star. It's the A.L.T. from DMG, I just talked with Jerry about adding the stinger, the ESC cage, and specified my cage/panel colors. I actually "borrowed" the idea from irok The DmG's / A.L.T
The weight is negligible...when comparing it to the stock body + body mounts + chassis braces + body clips...it actually feels lighter. It only effects handling if you're on your lid LOL it doesn't allow you to rollover easily but I added the stinger mainly for looks and to protect the servo. I don't plan on comping so I wasn't concerned, but the stinger is pretty scratched up now and the servo looks brand new
bluice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:48 AM   #43

love the dmg cage and the blue, nice work
Liquidlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:40 PM   #44
Pebble Pounder

Once again, DLUX wins for fastest shipping. Actually came in yesterday, but I wasn't home and had to go to post office today.

Right now I just have .300 + .100 + .100 rings. Waiting until my SLW's come in tomorrow to see exactly how much will fit on the 725 hub. Then should I cut them in half to keep the weight low or order more full rings??? Decisions, decisions
Old 06-07-2011, 08:53 AM   #45
Pebble Pounder

Well...after a sinus infection, Oklahoma tornado season, and the holiday; I was finally able to put my crawler back together.

Finally got some COWRC works mats...these things are GREAT...they make you want to work on your cars LOL

DLUX knuckles on new aluminum spindles.

20 C's with modifed OTA and LCG mount. Finally got around to drilling grease hole too.

Trying the battery on the upper links to lower COG.

Adjustable rear link mount helps with the steep inclines and even allows me to utilize more of the bend in the lower links. Also added the rear grease port while I was back there.

Finally got be some bling, V5 Respun 1" on 725 hubs! I also drilled 2, 1/8" vents holes. It really helped with wheel speed and battery life getting the weight out of the wheels.

Completed rig...for now
Old 06-07-2011, 10:11 AM   #46
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Looks good!
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:23 AM   #47
Pebble Pounder

Thanks Erik! I think several of your parts are helping out with that
Old 06-07-2011, 05:24 PM   #48
Quarry Creeper

I run all three peices, just dremel the ota link. shave the top where it hits the servo and the bottom to lower it just a bit and a little off where it hits the servo arm depends on the arm you use. real easy to do and tight fit but we worth it. Nice build looks good
thomass14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:55 PM   #49

Best nightcrawler I've seen....

How's the 7955 holding up? I've been thinking of going w/ the servo. Is the bec straight forward to install?
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:25 PM   #50
Rock Stacker

Personally this is my favorite build thred on a losi... asking good questions that I am in the process of asking and lots of pics, good to hear the boss plays a part in the obsession mine does but I gotta let her win
davidmcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:51 PM   #51

got to be the best setup I have seen on a LNC so far. Have you added a dig trans yet? Seems like that would be a biggie.
slappomatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:29 PM   #52
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
Best nightcrawler I've seen....

How's the 7955 holding up? I've been thinking of going w/ the servo. Is the bec straight forward to install?

I have the same servo on mine, I have ran it on my scalers with out any issue. its been under water and still goin. Bec's are easy, there are a ton of threads on the elect. section. The Ins that come with it are super easy to read.
skywker51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:23 PM   #53
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the comments guys!!! Keeps me motivated to keep wrenching on the shafty and see just how far it will go

The 7955 has been great! I couldn't believe how big of a difference a servo can make (it was my first time upgrading/replacing one ) Everyone has their opionion on which way is better for the BEC install but I personally went with the instruction diagram that Castle recommends and it works just fine. I did have Holmes Hobbies program it to 6.0V before he shipped it, if not you will need to buy a Castle Link to program voltage or live with the factory 5.1V rating.

No dig...yet I have considered it but I don't have a capable transmitter for it either. I might look into it something pops up at a price I can't refuse but for right now I kinda like the challenges that come with not having dig. I am amazed though at some of the videos I see and think, "I wish mine could do that..."

I am glad that my fiancee accepts my hobby/habit and even supports it financially at times. I did pick up a Mini Pro Roller after the price drop and she actually said "If you paint it pink, I will crawl with you" So we'll see how that build goes