Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: V's Losi

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2011, 06:09 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Looking good so far. It's going to be completely different rig than before.
rob_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2011, 06:36 AM   #22
RCC Addict

Side plates look good naked too Seeing it like that just makes me want the cab setup even more...
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:37 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Ive heard the same thing about the D3 from a couple TC guys, been trying to get one off a buddy of mine but he wont budge. Yeah Trinity always had a way to 'talk' new things up.

If you choose the RS + Tekin 17.5 youll definately want the Hotwire to make use of the changes in the 2.12 software. The min drive change really helps their motors out on the lower end and go with a bigger rotor.

Keep the pics coming .... cant wait until Rob gets settled back in and cutting again, want one of those cab tops.
I think the rs is the way I'm going to go...
Was thinking about getting the d3 but I have 0 experience with bl motors need someone that does to test it out....
Vertec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:42 AM   #24
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertec View Post
Was thinking about getting the d3 but I have 0 experience with bl motors need someone that does to test it out....

Funny you mention the D3 ..... Im re-wiring mine this week and trying one of those out.

Ill let you know how it works out.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:55 AM   #25
Rock Crawler

That's even better... was willing to order and send one out to you or who ever wanted to try it, so we all could get some feed back...

Looking forward to seeing what you think
Old 01-24-2011, 12:01 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

While this is out is there any tips, tricks or must do's....
Looks to never been used...

Plan on ordering rcbros. motor mount...
Old 01-24-2011, 12:33 PM   #27
RCC Addict

Quote:

I use the RCBros motor clamp too. I like the lightweight shafts and slipper eliminator as well. I also cut some little shims out of a beer can to take the slop out of the dig forks... I cant remember who's tip that was though, and I'm not sure if Ive ever seen a write up or pics on it. It was just a few posts in someone's thread.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:10 PM   #28
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
[/IMG]

I think the most important thing with the LCC trans is lube. I drilled two small holes directly above each dig plate so I can stick a syringe in there and inject grease.

Also, its a personal thing but I take off as much plastic as possible. I would defiantly remove the front cover and then depending on your preference I like to cut the front of the trans off except the part that holds the spur shaft and I also remove as much as possible from the dig mount just to save some weight. I really like not having a front cover though so I can see whats going on at all times and its easier to troubleshoot.

Toyo496 also had the idea of drilling holes around the dig plates and counter sinking them to reduce drag on the dig forks. I have not torn down my trans yet but when I do I will be trying this.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:06 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

Erik, i was going to run with the front cover off also to reduce some weight, but i was worried about debris getting in the gears. Are you not worried about that?
concretejungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:53 PM   #30
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
Erik, i was going to run with the front cover off also to reduce some weight, but i was worried about debris getting in the gears. Are you not worried about that?
Not concerned at all. I have been running this way for 100's of hours and months without issue. Plenty of dirt too.

Shots of the holes drilled in the trans.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:16 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

Word! See ya cover.....
concretejungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:46 AM   #32
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Quote:
Funny you mention the D3 ..... Im re-wiring mine this week and trying one of those out.

Ill let you know how it works out.

wired it up last night and just 10 minutes of basement crawling I cant wait to get it out on the rocks. Ill have more up this weekend after some practice time thursday night.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:43 AM   #33
Rock Crawler

Quote:
wired it up last night and just 10 minutes of basement crawling I cant wait to get it out on the rocks. Ill have more up this weekend after some practice time thursday night.
Looking forward to hear your thoughts
Old 01-25-2011, 10:05 AM   #34
Rock Crawler

[QUOTE=Erik D_lux;2882648]Not concerned at all. I have been running this way for 100's of hours and months without issue. Plenty of dirt too.

/QUOTE]

Safe to drill while together?
Old 01-25-2011, 10:10 AM   #35
RCC Addict

Quote:
Looking forward to hear your thoughts
x2. Is it the weekend yet???? Dang... still Tuesday.

Vertec, what width are those VPs and what hubs did you go with? I'm thinking of going to the knuckle weights and ditching the DHs Ive got on the front of mine to free up some more room for more weight.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:20 AM   #36
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by killswitch View Post
x2. Is it the weekend yet???? Dang... still Tuesday.

Vertec, what width are those VPs and what hubs did you go with? I'm thinking of going to the knuckle weights and ditching the DHs Ive got on the front of mine to free up some more room for more weight.
Got 725 on the way for the front and have some 600 to use on the rear, the black ones on the rig in the last pic are 1 and .07 should be here 2day. Not sure what which ill stay with?

Liking ur new avatar!
Old 01-25-2011, 10:59 AM   #37
Rock Crawler

[QUOTE=Vertec;2884049]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
Not concerned at all. I have been running this way for 100's of hours and months without issue. Plenty of dirt too.

/QUOTE]

NOOO. Sure you can do it but one slip and there goes a gear. Even the axle grease ports are best done when empty and the tranny has parts closer to the case than that.

On a side note why are people wanting to fill their tranny with grease to the point of needing ports? I understand lightly lubing it and a lil on the dig forks, but why pump it full until you are just creating more rotating resistance and weight? I know the worms like a nice bath of grease to work in but why the dousing of the standard tranny gears?
highlandcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:02 PM   #38
Rock Crawler

[QUOTE=highlandcrawler;2884188]
Quote:
NOOO. Sure you can do it but one slip and there goes a gear. Even the axle grease ports are best done when empty and the tranny has parts closer to the case than that.

On a side note why are people wanting to fill their tranny with grease to the point of needing ports? I understand lightly lubing it and a lil on the dig forks, but why pump it full until you are just creating more rotating resistance and weight? I know the worms like a nice bath of grease to work in but why the dousing of the standard tranny gears?

Yeah, I can't understand that much grease in the tranny. A light coating on the dig forks and maybe the plates and gears, but that is it. I have never had any issue with the tranny that would require this, and I know I am not easy on my rig.
davec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:10 PM   #39
RCC Addict

Quote:
Got 725 on the way for the front and have some 600 to use on the rear, the black ones on the rig in the last pic are 1 and .07 should be here 2day. Not sure what which ill stay with?

Liking ur new avatar!
Thanks man. It was time for a change... and who doesnt like nice tits? I run .7s in the rear of my truck with rovers. I think a tire like the boss claws would benefit from a wider wheel to keep the nice contact patch.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:16 PM   #40
Wanna get? Gotta want.

[QUOTE=Vertec;2884049]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post

/QUOTE]

I drilled it while together.

When drilling something together like this I like to drill 90% through while holding a vacuum next to where I am drilling. Then make sure all the chips are away from the hole and finish the hole while still holding the vacuum. I dont think hardly anything gets into the trans and if it does its just plastic dust/small chips. It would just get eaten and used for lube anyway.