Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: V's Losi

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2011, 12:47 PM   #61
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by killswitch View Post
Dunno what I'm gonna do yet. I thought about some flames or maybe some skulls. I was gonna do the same VP sticker on the back as a "window", but you beat me to it. I really like the color combo you went with.
I didn't even think about it being like a window... I have some more stickers if you need one..
The colors where just paint I already had and I thought the green would rep. CDW well!

Last edited by Vertec; 01-29-2011 at 01:19 PM.
Vertec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2011, 12:56 PM   #62
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
wired it up last night and just 10 minutes of basement crawling I cant wait to get it out on the rocks. Ill have more up this weekend after some practice time thursday night.

It's the weekend
Old 02-01-2011, 06:31 PM   #63
Rock Crawler

Made a cover to hide some the wires and stuff

The front shocks ended up wider at the top so ended up out boarding at the axle to even things back up

Until I get around to ordering the link adjustment mount I thought about running them like this do you guys think it will work ok?

Added a small amount more bend to the rear lower links
Old 02-01-2011, 07:25 PM   #64

I think u may encounter some binding issues with the ball joints but thats just my opinion
SCHOEY 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:07 AM   #65
Rock Stacker

beautiful truck. giving me lots of ideas
coreyh29645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:23 PM   #66
Rock Crawler

Small update.... got around to getting a few things to get this going. Now got to hook it all up.

I've seen the rs mounted right up next to the trans, are you guys making a mount for it or is it just on the uppers?

Old 02-28-2011, 09:16 PM   #67
RCC Addict

My RS is on a lexan plate on the uppers, tucked right next to the trans. Works out well there. You need to get that thing finished so I have someone to compare setup notes with
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:29 PM   #68
Rock Crawler

I've already been taken notes from you... got the steering links on the cheap after you post that price and link up the other day

Pick up a few other things to help this get going today...
Old 03-08-2011, 09:32 AM   #69
Rock Crawler

Put the dig in last night and its far from right, very rough and not going in and out of dig very good at all. Does anyone know of a thread with setup and or tips and tricks? I'll try downloading a manual after work also.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:47 AM   #70
Quarry Creeper

I'm by all means not an expert but when I put mine together I got the little plastic part on to far and it wouldn't let the shaft that holds the dig forks move into the tranny far enough, also used a dry teflon lube made by finishline on the gears but red and tacky seemed to work better for me. I'd also look into the new losi dig springs that just came out. There is a recent post with a part number. What kind off issues are you having?
3jeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:08 PM   #71
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3jeeps View Post
I'm by all means not an expert but when I put mine together I got the little plastic part on to far and it wouldn't let the shaft that holds the dig forks move into the tranny far enough, also used a dry teflon lube made by finishline on the gears but red and tacky seemed to work better for me. I'd also look into the new losi dig springs that just came out. There is a recent post with a part number. What kind off issues are you having?
Took it apart and lube everything and seems to helped alot still got to get servo and radio set better, Thanks
Old 03-08-2011, 07:20 PM   #72
Rock Crawler

Ok now on to the next issue, the esc is getting hot very quick and the motor is not even getting warm. I've only been driving around on the floor with no binds and it will start cutting out
Old 03-08-2011, 10:57 PM   #73
RCC Addict

Hmmmm.... What kind of speed control settings you running?
Old 03-09-2011, 03:26 AM   #74
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by killswitch View Post
Hmmmm.... What kind of speed control settings you running?
Updated everything and used the settings Robbob had posted, the things not posted I left alone. There was one difference, I did the reverse motor on the radio and not the esc??
Old 03-09-2011, 12:19 PM   #75
RCC Addict

THat may be the issue. I havent had a newer style esc apart, but back in the day, forward/reverse esc's had 3/4 of the FETs for the forward side of the esc and 1/4 of it for the reverse. The newer brushless stuff may still be the same way and now your radio is making the esc do all the hard work through a small part of the circuit. I changed mine in the speed control programming and have never had any issues with it.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:36 PM   #76
Custom Carbon Fiber

ya, if you flip the tranny you got to flip the esc setting ....

your running the esc in reverse
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:25 PM   #77
Rock Crawler

Thanks guys that seem to help with the heat issue and it looks like that the cutting out is coming from the dig servo, when I unplug it things seem fine then after plugging it in it will begin to start acting up the truck will only jerk around and the dig servo arm will jump back and forth. Took the servo back apart to make sure I didn't pinch a wire or something when moving it to the other side, but everything looked ok. Plugged everything up while I had it apart and didn't seem to act up so put it all back together and seemed to drive fine until I ran the front tires up on the wall and it started again, got to looking and it seems that the lower link is pushing on the wires and making it act this way.

When you ran your wires out the other side of the servo did you still use the rubber garment?
Old 03-11-2011, 12:53 AM   #78
RCC Addict

Nope. I ditched mine. I route my wire up the servo a bit and then shoe-goo'd it to the long side of the servo to keep it from going any where. It keeps it out of upper link too.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:50 PM   #79
Rock Crawler

Good idea, ill do that...

Timing adjustment backwards on the motor now?
Old 03-11-2011, 03:37 PM   #80
RCC Addict

Yup