Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: V's Losi

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2011, 12:18 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

one thing you can do with the tranny is turn it around so that the motor faces the front. Its only a small change but it does move some of the weight forward. I would also get the alum internals they make a big dif, and help get the weight/COG lower.
punkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2011, 12:19 PM   #42
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandcrawler View Post

On a side note why are people wanting to fill their tranny with grease to the point of needing ports? I understand lightly lubing it and a lil on the dig forks, but why pump it full until you are just creating more rotating resistance and weight? I know the worms like a nice bath of grease to work in but why the dousing of the standard tranny gears?
Who is dousing their gears and pumping it till full?

I have noticed a HUGE decrease with lubed dig plates. After awhile I can tell the grease is wearing off. Its a lot nicer to add some grease through a hole rather than taking it apart.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:22 PM   #43
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post

I have noticed a HUGE decrease with lubed dig plates. After awhile I can tell the grease is wearing off. Its a lot nicer to add some grease through a hole rather than taking it apart.
So you are just putting a little squirt in every once-in-a while? That makes more sense. Do you clean the tranny every so often to get rid of the built up stuff? Always looking for a performance improvement, so I am interested in what you are doing here.
davec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:25 PM   #44
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davec View Post
So you are just putting a little squirt in every once-in-a while? That makes more sense. Do you clean the tranny every so often to get rid of the built up stuff? Always looking for a performance improvement, so I am interested in what you are doing here.
Yeah, just enough to wet the dig plates.

I use my syringe to lube everything every 4 or so hours. Axles, drive shafts, worms, trans. I have found that the LCC really likes its lube. Anything you can do to relive binding in this car is very much needed.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:38 PM   #45
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Yeah, just enough to wet the dig plates.

I use my syringe to lube everything every 4 or so hours. Axles, drive shafts, worms, trans. I have found that the LCC really likes its lube. Anything you can do to relive binding in this car is very much needed.
I might have to give that a try. I lube my worms and drive shafts pretty regularly, usually before my weekly comps on Sundays, but have not paid much attention to the tranny other than a going-through about every 2 months.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:51 PM   #46
Wanna get? Gotta want.

It really frees up the car. It also really helps with the wear on the dig plates. I have not gone through a set since I lubed regularly. It had been so long since I went through my trans that I actually wore out my top/middle gear. Guess I might want to think about adding a port for those gears too??
Old 01-25-2011, 12:55 PM   #47
RCC Addict

Ive had this spray can of Krytech dry lube made by finishline that works great in the LCC trans. A friend of mine that is still heavily into freestyle BMX showed it to me. Ive been hooked ever since. Ive had the same can for a long time and havent been able to find it anywhere in a can again. It goes on wet, but dries into this waxy,super slick teflon stuff that stays put. The bad thing is that I cant find it in a spray can any longer, but I still see it in a bottle. Pretty sure O'Donnell re-stickers it and sells it through Tower/Great Pains. Any good bike shop should probably stock the stuff.
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:58 PM   #48
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by killswitch View Post
Ive had this spray can of Krytech dry lube made by finishline that works great in the LCC trans. A friend of mine that is still heavily into freestyle BMX showed it to me. Ive been hooked ever since. Ive had the same can for a long time and havent been able to find it anywhere in a can again. It goes on wet, but dries into this waxy,super slick teflon stuff that stays put. The bad thing is that I cant find it in a spray can any longer, but I still see it in a bottle. Pretty sure O'Donnell re-stickers it and sells it through Tower/Great Pains. Any good bike shop should probably stock the stuff.
I can get some similar stuff from my father-in-laws cabinet shop. They use it for spray lube on various tools, etc. I will get some and give it a try this week.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:39 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

Quote:

I assumed you were. Thats why we add them on the axle is to pump them full of grease so it was easy to assume. I defiantly understand a lubed tranny but thought i might be missing something. I pull mine for maintenance and inspection after every comp and never noticed any lube issues. So I just wondered whats the deal? I run a fullsize dig servo and a shift gate so maybe I just don't notice the dig part, It always works good lubed or not
highlandcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:49 PM   #50
Rock Crawler

Using the same lube for everything?

What is everyone's choice of lube?
Vertec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:08 PM   #51
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertec View Post
Using the same lube for everything?

What is everyone's choice of lube?
Personally I like Losi blue grease in mine. Before that i used a high temp marine bearing grease. It required more frequent replacement than the blue. Also mine is silent now that everything runs the Losi grease.
highlandcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:12 PM   #52
Quarry Creeper

that thing is bad arse i love the wheels keep the good work rolling.
R/C BUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:21 PM   #53
RCC Addict

Ive had good luck running a few diffferent lubes. Ive used gear jelly, blue grease, lucas red and tacky, and lately Ive been using ProBoat marine grease (My LHS hooked me up with a freebie. Gave me 3/4 of a huge tube like this http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PRB0100 because "they dont do repairs any more"). I'm pretty sure it's the same stuff that losi packages as the blue great grease. Its worked great so far. On the trans, I've used the Krytech stuff once when I swapped the lightweight parts in it and havent had any reason to think it needs anymore. I'll open the trans up before long as regular maintenance and probably clean and relube it.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:49 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Just put .5ML of red "n" tacky in each hole and it sounds like a different animal.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:24 PM   #55
Rock Crawler

Got around to making panels and putting some color on them... will be other decals going on as I get other parts ... there's still some details to be done but here's a few pics to see where I'm going with this....

Old 01-28-2011, 07:56 PM   #56
Quarry Creeper

Looking good. Project Tranny Flip starts tomorrow for me. I might as well drill the grease holes while I'm at it too. Keep the pics coming. man that rig looks sweet.
T/C Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:45 AM   #57
RCC Addict

Nice paint work on the panels. I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do on mine
Old 01-29-2011, 09:11 AM   #58
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by killswitch View Post
Nice paint work on the panels. I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do on mine
Thanks!

Maybe some kind of red and black to match all ur bling
Old 01-29-2011, 09:16 AM   #59
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by T/C Hunter View Post
Looking good. Project Tranny Flip starts tomorrow for me. I might as well drill the grease holes while I'm at it too. Keep the pics coming. man that rig looks sweet.

Thanks!

Let's us know how the greasy.. flip works out
Old 01-29-2011, 11:30 AM   #60
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertec View Post
Thanks!

Maybe some kind of red and black to match all ur bling
Dunno what I'm gonna do yet. I thought about some flames or maybe some skulls. I was gonna do the same VP sticker on the back as a "window", but you beat me to it. I really like the color combo you went with.