Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: V's Losi

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2011, 05:08 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default V's Losi

Well i have had this rig for alittle while and only small changes have been done but they have had a big impact on handling. I was just getting into tring to making this lnc into a lcc when a friend want to get some xr's to build and its been fun but its got me wanting to see what i can get out of my losi...

This is where im at as of now...

Got a new lcc trans, new dig servo and some things from CDW to get things started...

Going to have to get some more power going on still not sure which esc and motor to go with yet?

Got some Vp wheels and hubs ordered to make room for knuckle weights...

And a list of losi upgrades that i will need to pick up...
Vertec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2011, 06:23 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Nice pile of parts. You'll love the extra wheel speed and ability to dig with that lcc trans. As far as motor/esc, I've had really good luck/results with the Tekin Rs + 21.5t. I'm looking to add an Epic motor. I hear they have the grunt
Sneed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:29 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

OOOOOO! nice pile of parts mister! im gonna keep my eye on your build!

can i ask what small things you did before the tear down that you said worked well with the handling?
SIK_BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:19 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I am trying to get ahold of the CDW chassis top. How/where did you find that?
xgerstandtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:08 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneed View Post
Nice pile of parts. You'll love the extra wheel speed and ability to dig with that lcc trans. As far as motor/esc, I've had really good luck/results with the Tekin Rs + 21.5t. I'm looking to add an Epic motor. I hear they have the grunt
Been looking at the Rs seems like a nice esc. Have to take a look at the Epic motor not seen any...
Looking forward to running it with the changes..
Old 01-18-2011, 10:24 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIK_BOY View Post
OOOOOO! nice pile of parts mister! im gonna keep my eye on your build!

can i ask what small things you did before the tear down that you said worked well with the handling?
Mainly changing out the lnc battery tray and going to the lcc shock arms, give you a lot more adjustment choices and switched to lipo(a lot lighter and more power) and placed it on the upper links which got some of the weight lower. Softer shock springs help get things flowing smooth also...
Old 01-18-2011, 10:28 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgerstandtx View Post
I am trying to get ahold of the CDW chassis top. How/where did you find that?
This is a proto of what I think the final version will be. Rob is in the middle of moving but I would believe he will get back on track after he gets settled in...
Old 01-18-2011, 10:38 AM   #8
RCC Addict

I ran an Epic Duo2 17.5/ RS combo on 3 cells Sunday and had great results. Good bottom end and wheel speed when needed.
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:02 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

That is a cool top chassis

I'm running a Mamba Max Pro and Novak Ballistic 13.5, with 3s has great low end and nice wheel speed. Pretty happy with it. Can't say it's any better then others but so far it is working good. I am very happy with the Castle Creations
esc's for sure. Very versatile.
Flexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:11 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Looking sharp, I have a converted LNC/LCC also.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:00 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by killswitch View Post
I ran an Epic Duo2 17.5/ RS combo on 3 cells Sunday and had great results. Good bottom end and wheel speed when needed.
Have to go back and look at there web site some more when I got time, do you know any thing about the duo3? Or is the 2 a better choice?
Old 01-18-2011, 12:06 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexx View Post
That is a cool top chassis

I'm running a Mamba Max Pro and Novak Ballistic 13.5, with 3s has great low end and nice wheel speed. Pretty happy with it. Can't say it's any better then others but so far it is working good. I am very happy with the Castle Creations
esc's for sure. Very versatile.
Seems to be alot of people using one or the other of these products with good results.
Going to dig around in the 4sale section and see what I might find....
Old 01-18-2011, 12:08 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jslick View Post
Looking sharp, I have a converted LNC/LCC also.
It was a easy way to try out the sport and then you always want more.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:55 PM   #14
JEG

Lookin good! I am sure you will love the changes.

JEG
JEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:53 AM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertec View Post
Have to go back and look at there web site some more when I got time, do you know any thing about the duo3? Or is the 2 a better choice?
I picked the 2 up on the cheap when the 3 came out from a local racer that always has to have the newest stuff. You just can't pass up a 2 run brushless motor for $20. Truthfully, I'm a brushless newb. My only other experiences with brushless has been running vintage trans am touring cars with the 21.5 novak setup and there is no tuning allowed/involved with it. Trinity/Epic claims the D3 has more bottom end than the D2. Also, its supposed to respond to timing better, have a nickle plated rotor for longer life, weigh less and run cooler. But take that info with a grain of salt... they've always said the same thing anytime a new motor comes out. Been that way since the days of the slot machines and anyone who's been racing long enough knows that trinity is savvy at marketing.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:24 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Looks like your going to have some fun with a pile of goodies like that awaiting installation. Thats one of the best thing about the LCC. Upgrades are endless. As for a ESC/ Motor combo; I really like my Losi Xcelorin ESC with the 17.5 Brushless on 3S lipo's. I run the 12.5 mm rotor and low end torque and wheel speed is great, I cant wait until I add the H.D worm and spool gears. I'll be following your build , looks interesting for sure.
T/C Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:27 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by T/C Hunter View Post
Looks like your going to have some fun with a pile of goodies like that awaiting installation.
agreed. I want one of the CDW toppers. Ive wanted one since Rob_b posted the first pic of it with the white lexan panels.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:50 PM   #18
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Trinity/Epic claims the D3 has more bottom end than the D2. Also, its supposed to respond to timing better, have a nickle plated rotor for longer life, weigh less and run cooler. But take that info with a grain of salt... they've always said the same thing anytime a new motor comes out. Been that way since the days of the slot machines and anyone who's been racing long enough knows that trinity is savvy at marketing.
Ive heard the same thing about the D3 from a couple TC guys, been trying to get one off a buddy of mine but he wont budge. Yeah Trinity always had a way to 'talk' new things up.

If you choose the RS + Tekin 17.5 youll definately want the Hotwire to make use of the changes in the 2.12 software. The min drive change really helps their motors out on the lower end and go with a bigger rotor.

Keep the pics coming .... cant wait until Rob gets settled back in and cutting again, want one of those cab tops.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:38 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Keep the pics coming .... cant wait until Rob gets settled back in and cutting again, want one of those cab tops.
X2 I need a fix of CDW cab tops. I bet it looks sick on the blue chassis plates...
Old 01-23-2011, 03:36 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Quote:
X2 I need a fix of CDW cab tops. I bet it looks sick on the blue chassis plates...

Sorry guys not got alot of time in on this due to work... only got started bolting on a few things.

Killswitch sorry no more blue, I thought it had to go since this is no longer a lnc....

Last edited by Vertec; 01-23-2011 at 03:39 PM.