Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: No, Really, Its a Losi!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2012, 06:57 AM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: No, Really, Its a Losi!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliff1119 View Post
Where did u get ur wideners at, what do u think would be a good size if u was just going to run them without the knuckle weights.

I would still run this size widener even without knuckles, because I like being 11" up front and 10 3/4 in the rear. I think they are junfac? I am not sure if that's the correct spelling, I bought them a long time ago. You might ask hoghead5150 he just got some. Mine are 19mm up front and 13mm in the rear.
Tgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2012, 08:06 AM   #22
Rock Crawler

correct. junfac wheel wideners. you can also search G-Made, they are the same thing. good luck finding the 19mm ones. i had a hard time finding them in stock. i finally found them at CKRC, and actually got them when i ordered them. heard alot of bad things about ordering from them, this was my first order and everything went well tho. now when you order them you get 4 of the 19mm wideners, then you have to order the other ones, so you get 4 of the 13mm wideners. it's kinda expensive as a full set will run ya around $60 shipped. for a while i ran 13mm wideners front and rear. worked pretty good, but the extra width in the front really helps out.

i'm running the same setup, 19mm front, 13mm rear, and stock xr10 wheels with boss claw tires. right at 11 inches wide in front, a hair over 10 3/4 in the rear.
hoghead5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:13 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

K thanks guys
cliff1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:50 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Well, I decided to do a little wire cleanup, and push my electonics as far forward as possible. Some of my wiring was at full length still, so i took out about .5oz of wire

I also decided to weigh it since i cleaned everything up under the hood. I was really suprised how light it was since i loaded the front with knuckle weight all the way to the wheels and even strapped weight to my rear axles. This is the rtr with battery and everything!

Old 03-21-2012, 08:55 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

nice job. i weighed mine today, 5lbs, 7 ounces. that's with 5.5 ounces in each front tire, none in the rear. how much knuckle weight are you running? i just ordered the d-lux weights. got the full set (4- .100 rings), also ordered the bigger steel rings to go around the knuckle, and a set of the .300 rings also.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:29 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghead5150 View Post
nice job. i weighed mine today, 5lbs, 7 ounces. that's with 5.5 ounces in each front tire, none in the rear. how much knuckle weight are you running? i just ordered the d-lux weights. got the full set (4- .100 rings), also ordered the bigger steel rings to go around the knuckle, and a set of the .300 rings also.
I think I'm running around 4.5 to 5 each side. I will probably order more rings from dlux and stuff as much as possible inside the wheel. Keep in mind on your rig you have a lager tranny, and an extra servo, so I'm going to be lighter even with the same setup.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:32 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

true. i'm hoping to keep the total weight down under 5lbs 8 ounces. i'm there now, but i'm hoping i can remove the weight from the front tires, and run a little less knuckle weight. think that it being lower i might be able to get away with a tad less.

when you did your tranny flip, what are you using to brace up the tranny to keep it from rocking? on mine i have the reciever mounted between the side brace and the dig servo. with you not having the servo, how's yours staying put?
Old 03-22-2012, 05:26 AM   #28
RCC Addict

I really didn't have any movement when I flipped it, but I have wedged my compasitor from my Novak next to it, then have the esc strapped beside that, so it keeps everything tight in there.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:15 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

nice. i'm looking at ways to move my dig servo off the top of the transmission down a little lower. i really don't have any movement in the transmission since the flip, but would like to put something there to act as a brace just for peace of mind.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:43 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Just a small update. I haven't changed hardly anything on this rig in a long time, I'm loving how it handles and drives. I'm regularly scoring better with this sporty rig than my berg (some of this has to do with lack of experience with dig). The hybrids I'm running up front are just awsome, I love the predictability and consistency I have with them. I will be running this setup at state. As long as my driving is on par, this rig can just flat out geturdun!!!!
Old 07-05-2012, 09:02 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

did the addition of the 20* knuckles help your steering angles at all? i'm trying to get as much steering as i can with the stock axles, and am looking for solutions.

still working on wider axles and such, but in the meantime i would like to get as much as i can.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:22 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Ok, well ive made a few changes for my losi! The last few comps have just depressed me with how it has handled compaired to my competition. Ive been running it around 5 1/4 pounds. The first thing i wanted to do is change the wheels and tires. I love the stock xr wheels , but they are really wide and i wanted to run some boss claws on this thing. I have had awsome results with bosses on my berg, so i thought it was time to try them on my losi. The other change I made was my body. I love the paint job my son did on the xr body, but this thing is a turtle, and will not turn over for anything. So, for now i went back to the old school LNC stocker, but will probably move to an x-citer later on. I also pulled my rear weight and im no longer running any weight in the front wheels. All these changes got me down to exactly 4.5 pounds. I took her for a spin to see how the changes work, and well, it sucked worse!!! This thing was flipping over like crazy. I think my extra weight i was running was just masking a poor setup! I got her home and the first thing i did was lower my upper front links one hole at the chassis. Then I added a touch more knuckle weight up front, finally I decided that i just cant have 3" at the belly. I internally limited my front shocks 3/8" and my rears 1/4". After these three changes, I took her for a spin this morning, and HOLLY CRAP!!!! This thing has never driven so good. I pulled every line that i use to test my berg, and this losi has never been able to do that! My skid is currently at 2 5/8, and the rear links get as high as 3 3/16 at the bend. Im sure i will have to adjust my driving to the belly clearence a little. Overall, im am so impressed with its performance and wish i would have done this before state. Heres a few pics of how she sits now!

As it sits in the pic its 4.7 pounds!
Im actually running blocks in the rear and bosses up front, the bosses were too grippy in the rear, so the blocks are perfect for slip and grip in the rear!

Last edited by Tgreer; 07-05-2012 at 09:31 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:26 PM   #33
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghead5150 View Post
did the addition of the 20* knuckles help your steering angles at all? i'm trying to get as much steering as i can with the stock axles, and am looking for solutions.

still working on wider axles and such, but in the meantime i would like to get as much as i can.
They definitly improved my turn radius, but dont know if they actually give me anymore throw. Hope this answered your question! Im tempted to get dlux's infinte caster mod, and try my knucks at about 30*.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:45 AM   #34
RCC Addict

I've been running 30* for a while and love it. I seriously doubt I'll go back to anything less.
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:03 AM   #35
RCC Addict

Did you use the dlux adapters, if so did you have to round off the ends?
Old 10-24-2012, 08:51 PM   #36
RCC Addict

Alright, I spent a little time on my old sporty again. She held her own pretty well at crawlapalooza coming in at 4th with some seriously good drivers! She was the only losi in the mix! After palooza I decided to work on the front axle some, so here a list of a few changes

Grinded the stub cups and knuckle weights, for a little more throw

Changed my drag link and tierod to sit tucked in a little more

Finally, my biggest change is I move my servo to one side and mounted my battery on the axle, giving me more forward bias with no weight gain!

Old 10-25-2012, 12:13 AM   #37
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgreer View Post
Did you use the dlux adapters, if so did you have to round off the ends?
Sorry I completely missed you asking about my caster setup... I was running the Dlux pieces and I did grind the tubes round.
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:19 PM   #38
RCC Addict

Shafty
1. Thommy Tgreer -29 (-8, -5, -16)
2. Szhane Szczerba -12 (2, -10, -4)
3. Mike Manning -12 (-10, -9, 7)
4. Chad30w 14 (15, 13, -14)

Pro
1. Szhane -40 (-10, -20, -10)
2. Chad -20 (0, -10, -10)
3. Mike 6 (-8, 24 , -10)
4. Rockedup Ricky 24 (0, 28, -4)
5. Thommy 37 (10, 5, 22)
6. Andy 59 (7, 30, 22)
7. Boone 59 (5, 30, 24)

Well, the old losi was just amazing at our season opener today! I should have left my berg at home and just run the losi in pro class too!

My losi is very dialed in for me, my only complaint right now is lack of steering! I can predict this rig very well, and I hope I get to that point with my berg as well!
Old 01-27-2013, 11:39 AM   #39
RCC Addict

Heres some pics from our season opener for 2013!

This is the stupid gate i bumped, that would have put me one point away from the best Pro score!
Old 01-30-2013, 01:45 PM   #40

crawler looks awesome dude! does your front/rear axle get hung up on rocks much?
01f1502wd is offline   Reply With Quote

No, Really, Its a Losi!!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
flat irons+losi 1.9 Team Losi rims for LOSI Mini= ? general lee Tires and Wheels 11 08-27-2009 04:08 PM