Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: No, Really, Its a Losi!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default No, Really, Its a Losi!!!

Well this is my losi nightcrawler. This was not only my first crawler, but also my first rc. I have had it for about a year and a half now. I have always run it with no dig. Thanks to all the great ideas in this section I have been able to make this a heck of a compeditor not only against other sportys, but MOA as well. Please post up any thoughts or opinions you may have. All opinions are welcome good or bad, i am always learning, and love having feedback! Well enough said here is a list of goods and the pics

-losi nightcrawler kit
-Novak goat esc with 13.5t motor on 3s
-7950 servo
-4pl
-800mah 30c battery
-tranny flip mod to straight line the driveline
-traxxas big bores 30wt all around
-dlux worm in rear, HD worm and spool up front
-dlux knuckle weights
-dlux titanum bent links all lowers, aluminum uppers
-20* knuckles
-axial xr10 wheels and body
-blocks in the rear and khaos up front
-I almost forgot! My son painted the body and did a fantastic marble effect job on it! He is six years old by the way

Now for Pics! Sorry these are from my phone and are fuzzy

Last edited by Tgreer; 03-03-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Tgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2012, 08:20 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: No, Really, Its a Losi!!!

Nice work!
TheREDCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:26 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

are you running any type of wideners on the axles to fit the xr wheels? i have a set of new xr wheels and thought that i read somewhere that they wouldn't clear.
hoghead5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:13 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghead5150 View Post
are you running any type of wideners on the axles to fit the xr wheels? i have a set of new xr wheels and thought that i read somewhere that they wouldn't clear.

In my opinion they are the best wheel for a losi. I run 19mm widener up front and 13mm in the rear. I love them because they are cheap, and serve as a weak point for my driveline. I have abused these wheels and they keep on rollen. I've bound them up and spun the hex inside the wheel many times and because of whatever type of plastics these are they don't break or Waller out. They seem to give enough to spin the hex in a bind but they return back to shape. I am sure over time with enough abuse they will wear out, but I have ran these for a while now and they show no sign of wear. I also like them because they seem to be the perfect width for my pin tires. With this widener and wheel combo I sit at 11" up front and 10 3/4 in the rear.

By the way, this rig scored 1st at the last comp. The comp you came to I think I placed 4th with it, witch I was really happy about, because my hommade knuckle weights broke right from the start. So my son and I ran with no weight up front. Since then, as you can see from pics, I purchased some dlux knuckle goodness.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:16 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

well we have a set of new xr wheels, and a set of the 13mm wideners. i may try that for now and order some 19mm wideners for the front. i didn't think the knuckle weights would clear the inside of the xr wheels. looks like they do!!
Old 03-04-2012, 09:43 AM   #6
Old guy

Your rig has been doing great at the comp. The only feedback I could really think of was maybe try something different with your hair.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:02 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
Your rig has been doing great at the comp. The only feedback I could really think of was maybe try something different with your hair.
I'll put a different hat on at the next comp!
Old 03-04-2012, 10:05 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
well we have a set of new xr wheels, and a set of the 13mm wideners. i may try that for now and order some 19mm wideners for the front. i didn't think the knuckle weights would clear the inside of the xr wheels. looks like they do!!
To run those dlux knuckles with those rings, you will have to take a dremmel and shave off those little fingers that hold the inside wheel weights. Then your good to go!
Old 03-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Heres some pics from the last two comps. That first pic is my son running in the january comp, he placed 5th there, and that was with no weight up front because my hommade knuckle weights broke before the start! That particular course he scored a perfect -16, thats awsome, because i scored a -15 with my pro MOA Berg!

Old 03-04-2012, 03:22 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

that thing is looking, and working good! i haven't even got mine yet and am already looking at parts. i'm kind of at a toss up right now, not sure if i should go with the d-lux links ($90) or buy a phoenix chassis ($110) and build me some links. i don't think the d-lux links will work with that chassis, and don't really want to buy something that's not gonna work. think my best bet is to wait, get the crawler and see how it does. then go from there. it is supposed to be coming with aluminum hubs and knuckles, but not sure what kind. gonna hold off ordering knuckle weights until i get everything and make sure it will all work together.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:04 PM   #11
RCC Addict

You definitly don't want to buy the dlux links if you get that chassis. Keep in mind to that it's going to raise your COG, so to counter that you will probably need more wheel weight. If that's the case then the xr wheels are probably not a good fit. My goal for mine is light and agile (less parts breaking). That chassis is probably ran at 6 pound rtr. Just make sure you beef stuff up if you run heavier.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:11 PM   #12
Defy Gravity

6 lb? try 4lb 15.6 rtr of course moving all weight to the front axle and sticking to a heavier wheel set is always a good thing for cog its just a matter of how you build the truck, if you purge sprung wieght, you can make it submit to anything you ask of it pretty much. and the cog on mine is relatively low, i posted up a diagram in my thread showing where she wants to balance out.

you are correct about not wanting to get new links until you get the chassis though....i didn't draw it around anything pre-made.

enough derail, your truck is looking good, nice to see mini tgreer getting into it too!
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:57 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Hey, that's awsome! I stand corrected. I thought for sure it would be a heavier rig. You must be running some of the components other than the servo on the front axle. Good job, thanks for keeping losi alive!
Old 03-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #14
Defy Gravity

all electronics minus the motor and dig servo are on the front axle plate. the pics i posted in the phoenix thread is ready to run minus panels, have the weights down for both of my battery types as well. aiming for a solid 4lb 10oz rtr after i get done playing with the mill
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:46 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Got some new kicks for my Losi

These are some HB rover/ AKA cityblock hybrids!

So far i am really liking these tires for my sporty. They sidhill great with the pin side, and the rover side will reach out and grab when needed. These tires seem to take a little different style of driving, but i am loving the performance so far. here is a pick of a ledge that i can seem to only clear about 30% of the time, with the new tires i could do it closer to 75%.

Old 03-17-2012, 10:29 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Are you running any weight in the rear?
Old 03-18-2012, 03:11 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

Im really diggin the body, nice paint job! Your son did a great job.

Those tires look awesome, did you need to reduce aka tires to match rover size??

Sent from my highly abused BlackBerry using Tapatalk
AlexG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:03 AM   #18
RCC Addict

Quote:
Are you running any weight in the rear?
Yes, I have taped some one of those xr weights that ar .75 oz to each side of my rear axle as close to the wheels as possible.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:06 AM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexus View Post
Im really diggin the body, nice paint job! Your son did a great job.

Those tires look awesome, did you need to reduce aka tires to match rover size??

Sent from my highly abused BlackBerry using Tapatalk
Yeah I'm proud of him, found a video of how to marble paint on an rc and let him have at it.

Yes, those tires were a pain to put together, the aka is larger so I had to reduce them and then match them with the rovers.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:12 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Where did u get ur wideners at, what do u think would be a good size if u was just going to run them without the knuckle weights.
cliff1119 is offline   Reply With Quote

No, Really, Its a Losi!!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
flat irons+losi 1.9 Team Losi rims for LOSI Mini= ? general lee Tires and Wheels 11 08-27-2009 04:08 PM