Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Waggaclint's LCC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2013, 02:42 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Waggaclint's LCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajey View Post
Mmmm silver. Looks flash mate. New tyres? You still using the boss claws? I know a few people are running rover's in west oz. But I've been using some sedona's and they're going pretty good.
Yeah silver, I would have preferred black but I got all my bits from onetencrawlers and they only had silver at time..

Yeah still running the Boss Claws but im wanting to try something else as im not that happy with them, and yes as you said a few of guys over hear are running Rovers which is probably the way ill go, I used to run Sedona's on my Axial based rig and like them..

I'm also keen to try out a set Leopards as well, so ideally ill probably end up getting a set of Rovers & a set of Leopards..
waggaclint is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2013, 03:28 AM   #22
RCC Addict

Yeah I keep swapping and trading my tyres Losi boss claws to leopards to rovers to sedona's. Its just like a endless cycle. I'm thinking of a splerging on buying heaps of tyres. Its just hard to see what works when you don't have it. Hopefully gonna get some new skins from ash soon, if you didn't know he's making skins now. Oz side.
pajey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:05 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

Just a heads up with the leopards. Because the tread blocks are spaced out they actually slide around a little bit.

There grip is fantastic most of the time however , I just found on side hills and climbs on beach rock that the tire would slide. In a normal crawling mission it's fine, however in a comp when you need to be on line and stick to the line it was a little harder.
I think this is why rovers are hard to beat on a sporty, the unusual tread pattern stop the sliding around, since they have the big and little knobs grouped together.
That's why boss claws work so good, the tread pattern is super consistent for the full circumference.

Personally when I started I didn't like BC, after a bit of drive time you get used to them and how they work, then you won't run anything else.
filotr14lsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:43 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

I havnt touch my Losi in mths after a Servo failure, but today Ive got it back up and running so I thought id chuck up an updated picture on my rig with new body and buggy wheels on it.

Old 11-28-2013, 01:08 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Bit of update, started get my rig ready for next years comp series today.

Ive got a new NCD CF Chassis that ill be running for 2014.

As you can see in photos is a fair bit narrower and lower than the losi chassis and also offers better weight placement a lot more adjustability.

Just gotta get some TI links sorted and redo my shock lengths etc ive also swap the trans housing back to plastic to shed a bit of weight.

Ive had a great 2013 in scale-2 so Hopefully with a bit work etc on my driving I can try and be just as competitive with 2.2 in 2014.

Last edited by waggaclint; 01-10-2014 at 02:08 AM.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:11 AM   #26
RCC Addict

Looks sweet mate. The Sudu is heaps skinnier than the lcc chassis. Hopefully this will give you the edge to beat dave. He's been unstoppable lol. Winning spm and pro. Except we know who lost to a certain someone in scale.
Old 12-04-2013, 05:42 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajey View Post
Looks sweet mate. The Sudu is heaps skinnier than the lcc chassis. Hopefully this will give you the edge to beat dave. He's been unstoppable lol. Winning spm and pro. Except we know who lost to a certain someone in scale.
Yeah its a nice chassis compared to the stock losi one, Don't think ill be winning as my sportsman driving skills anrt up to sratch compared to some of the other guys (Dave, Camo, Mark etc) and there will be a few new rigs from other guys as well, But ill be defiantly giving it go
Old 12-04-2013, 08:10 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by waggaclint View Post

Looks awesome, Wag. Wow, I am liking how narrow that chassis is, ALOT.

I am curious how you are going to handle the lowers with offset driveline compared to the centered you were running (I think). It may be a non issue with that chassis.

Please keep the updates coming. That looks great, such a good looking chassis.
dentonmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Yeah I was running centred shafts, in the process of ding links etc atm shouldn't be an issue with the offset driveline as far as I can see as the narrower chassis bring the shafts in towards the centre a fair bit compared to stock.

Thinkn I'll change over to a brushed setup as well to save a bit more weight and make it bit smoother at lower speeds, proabably go with a brood 25t axle buster I'm thinking.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:26 AM   #30
Rock Stacker

Looking good mate. I look forward to doing battle against another worm driver. You should put a raghead racing motor in there, itll blow away the competition.
Teedey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:05 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Finally got around to sorting out my link lengths etc, just gotta pull it all down and rebuild all my shocks etc with the guidance of Hulksta shock thread also gotta get some proper links made and bent up etc..

Its sitting a bit high in the 1st pic, but once the motor etc and shocks are sorted it will come down a far bit..

The Rig Jig by ALTD896 Design's helped out alot

Ive also decided to stick with my current Tekin Brushless system as I don't really want to spend anymore $$$ on this rig ATM.

Last edited by waggaclint; 01-09-2014 at 08:10 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:59 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Might have to get me one of those rig jigs. Very cool design.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:19 AM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Really nice Losi Shafty
I like the design of the chassis Looks awesome
braune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:45 PM   #34
Quarry Creeper

He guys unfortunately I wont be running sportsman anymore so if any aussies are interested im currently parting out this rig, PM me for details etc..
Old 02-04-2014, 07:24 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

noooo don't kill it! haha sorry to hear looks like a good rig
thomass14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:34 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by waggaclint View Post
He guys unfortunately I wont be running sportsman anymore so if any aussies are interested im currently parting out this rig, PM me for details etc..
Sad day. I have enjoyed your progress...errr...process.

Good luck bud, that is a sweet rig!
dentonmac is offline   Reply With Quote

Waggaclint's LCC - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My 1st Crawler, 1st Comp, 2nd place novice class pinckbrown Axial XR10 23 03-01-2011 08:46 AM
Losi takes 1st and 2nd at the spain comp! KastanPro Chit Chat 11 08-01-2009 08:36 AM
Losi 1/10 Crawler, 1st complaint Greatscott General Crawlers 21 01-26-2009 07:21 PM