I wanna be Dave

Default Re: **New** DLUX Wheels

Man those are some nice looken rim how much do they weigh
MR.VERTICAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2012, 12:56 PM   #602
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Man, I need to write that number down. I think I have weighed them 2x now. If I remember right they are 2.6oz??
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:58 PM   #603
Quarry Creeper

THE ROOKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #604
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Not too many wide versions of these wheels running around. I think the 1.78" wide wheel is a perfect size for a Sand paw. It looks like there is a lack of wider wheels available when I searched in the FOFF section?

Old 07-25-2012, 08:19 PM   #605
Rock Crawler

What kind of hub are you using to get the wide wheels spaced out far enough. I would be interested in something to get my width out a little more than a 850 hub can reach.
Grimreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:37 PM   #606
I wanna be Dave

He makes hub spacers... 1/16", 1/8", and 1/4"
Hittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:02 PM   #607
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimreeper View Post
What kind of hub are you using to get the wide wheels spaced out far enough. I would be interested in something to get my width out a little more than a 850 hub can reach.
I will put a quote below from my Wraith build.

I basically had to make some huge spacers. Something else that would have been super simple and worked great would be to run 2 faces on my wheels with no back ring. Then, you could run a small hub on the axle. Other than that, maybe some of those Junfac wideners with an 850 hub and a 1/4 hub spacer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittman View Post
He makes hub spacers... 1/16", 1/8", and 1/4"

Even the 1/4 spacer was not enough in this situation. I am running an 850 hub on the front and a 600 on the back. When using the monster 1.78" wide wheel, I had to come up with over 3/4" more hub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
The next problem that I had with the tires was that a 1.78" wide wheel is HUGE! I had to get it to clear all my steering in the front and the rear. With my DLUX wheels having such a huge offset this was not too easy. I tried a 850 hub and I was not even in the ballpark so I went off and made some gigantic extensions. They do resemble 1:1 wheel spacers so maybe I will get some scale points?

These took me forever to make. I am about an hour into EACH spacer.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:20 PM   #608
I wanna be Dave

How much leverage to those apply to the face? I think you would be much better off running two faces with a short hub. Or run a wheel similar to what krawl came up with on the rear of his 2.2.
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:24 PM   #609
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Edit the whole thing. LOL.

The only time you will have an issue with the face is when you take a hit close to the wheel face. The stress will not change with any length of hub that you use. Its like if you were to do a cart wheel roll down a hill. The face side of the wheels would be taking huge hits and that could possibly break a wheel face.

The only extra leverage this wheel setup will see is if the inner bead takes a big hit. Then it will have more stress but thats really not the hub length either, but the wide wheel and the relation of the face within the wheel. It would see the same stress as using a 225 or a 2" hub.

The entire axle especially the hex area will see more stress because of the wider setup. Not much I can do about that.

Two wheel faces in place of a back ring would create a lot more stress on the wheel than what I have now. Krawls creates a touch more stress on the face but not enough to worry about.

Last edited by Erik D_lux; 07-25-2012 at 11:46 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:12 AM   #610
Rock Crawler

The wide spacer was what I was thinking of. Would you make any in production .
Grimreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #611
Wanna get? Gotta want.

If there were some demand I would.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:57 AM   #612
Quarry Creeper

How many people who are running all 6 screws have broken a wheel? I really like your products and if didnt just spend over 200 bucks for some SLW v5 respun, hubs, rings ect I would pick up a set of the CF wheels. I have seen quite a few wheels from other vendors break but I have not personally saw your wheels to my knowledge. Nick from T1e makes some great products and lives 20 mins from me and has some awesome service but I would like to give a few other vendors a shot of some products in the future.

On a side note how small do you think you could possibly go on the Ti links? like turning them down on a lathe before putting the bends in them. You could shave them down so that it would leave that little slider piece made into each end of the link if that makes any since. I just don't know how small is to small. Hell I'm running 1/4 VP stuff which is WAY WAY overkill.
irokcrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:53 AM   #613
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irokcrawl View Post
How many people who are running all 6 screws have broken a wheel?
I dont know of a production wheel that has failed. If you look around the forum, you will also see that there are quite a few that are running 3 hub screws and I have even see some run 2 (which is just asking for it) Either way, I dont know of a single failure.

Quote:
I have seen quite a few wheels from other vendors break but I have not personally saw your wheels to my knowledge.
My wheels have a couple of features that make them the strongest on the market. I am keeping this information to myself... I am sure this will become more and more evident over time, as youre already seeing.

Quote:
On a side note how small do you think you could possibly go on the Ti links? like turning them down on a lathe before putting the bends in them. You could shave them down so that it would leave that little slider piece made into each end of the link if that makes any since. I just don't know how small is to small. Hell I'm running 1/4 VP stuff which is WAY WAY overkill.
I think a lot of the over seas guys are getting away with 4mm (.157) links and not having issues? I have always thought 4mm would be better than 3/16 but its just not readily available to us here. I would like to try .145 diameter or so. I think 3/16 is heavy overkill and I think some have had some success with .125 as lowers? I dont think I could trust .125 though. I am pretty abusive to my car and not as gentile as I should be.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:41 PM   #614
Wanna get? Gotta want.

A little update for these wheels...

I see the need for people to have multiple sets of wheels. Multiple sets of wheels can mean a lot of money so, I wanted to see if I could show some support by making the cheapest yet functional and strong wheel that I could. Here are some very basic and cheap wheels from the G10 material. The G10 is mostly untested but I am keeping them at a full solid face for strength and cost reasons.

I am also offering Super wheels that are finally at a very affordable price. I will have all the prices in my vendors thread here in a second or you can check my website (see signature) for prices now. Also check the site as I have my white wheels on sale for a great price until I run out of them.

These wheels will still support all the following features:
Adjustable widths using plastic spacers for even more weight savings
Super light weight
Bolt on hubs for adjustable track width
Full face style wheel to push all the weight out to the face for the best bang for your buck
All parts are individually replaceable
The ability to change foams
Full venting of the wheel as the spacer style provides
The ability to add beadlocks later on if you decide glue on is not for you

Old 06-19-2013, 05:09 PM   #615
RCC Addict

I have found the new wheels for my sporty!
Much looking for what you make sir.
exactly what I envisioned I needed.
Dostradamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:38 AM   #616
Wanna get? Gotta want.

To go along with the G10 update above, here are some of the colored ones that people have been doing with G10. They turn out very sweet and obviously personalized.

Old 07-12-2014, 04:33 AM   #617
Rock Crawler

Hello,,I wonder if the tire support ring really makes the sidehill driving better??
I have a pretty tall reptile,I am thinkng about putting a 5-7mm spacer inside the velvet coated kyosho shocks???
Then it will be maby 10mm lower total,,but I am struggling with the sidehill driving,,
can it be a smart thing to add some weighs on the rear lockouts aswell??
I drive a xr10...
FLOKI-81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:30 AM   #618
Wanna get? Gotta want.

There is only one way to find out if you like the tuning ring....

For the rest of your general questions, you would probably be better off asking in the XR forum. If you have any more product specific questions for me, please let me know.
Old 12-21-2014, 01:21 PM   #619
Rock Crawler

But I have bought me a set off superlites used,,,
This is my first berg-based axle I ever had,,
it seem to be extremly solid buildt,,
The only thing I wonder about now is do I have to use youre wheels,,
I`ve tryed some wheels but they wont fit because off the brass where the slugs holes are,,
I got some NCD Hybred wheels with the axels and they are the only off all the wheels I got that the weights fit in...
I am kinda exided because when I started the crawler hobby I was told that berg was the bomb,,
so I bought a berg v3,, and soon I realized that I had done a big mistake,,
I sold the berg v3 and bought a xr10 and now I have the first berg V1 based axels,,,
So I will have to study the berg forum,,there is so mutch I need to learn about these axels,,the xr10 axels I can assemble blidfolded,,,
I will start a new build tread,,so if I ask some stupid questions it is just me who is rushing the build along...
FLOKI-81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 06:47 AM   #620
Wanna get? Gotta want.

No, you dont have to use my wheels with my axles.

I am not familiar with the NCD "Hybred" wheels but this is the first set of wheels I have heard of that dont fit on my axles. Maybe some pictures would help because I am having a hard time understanding what the problem is.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tires-wheels/344184-%2A%2Anew%2A%2A-dlux-wheels.html
Posted By For Type Date
Highlucks - Team BWD - The Thing - Team Adrenaline Forums This thread Refback 03-01-2013 07:05 PM