Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Landmines 1.9

got mine yesterday, all mounted and ready to test today and tomorrow
sgtlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2019, 10:30 AM   #82
I wanna be Dave

Mine are ordered, but haven't shipped yet (order also included some parts for my TF2...the Landmines are for the Capra).

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 01:15 PM   #83
Quarry Creeper

well they passed the first test with flying colors, loose dirt and leaves in the woods by a lake, will try them on sandstone tomorrow. so far as good as my favorite the proline Krawler T/A
Old 12-07-2019, 02:18 PM   #84
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtlt View Post
well they passed the first test with flying colors, loose dirt and leaves in the woods by a lake, will try them on sandstone tomorrow. so far as good as my favorite the proline Krawler T/A
Good...no, great...to know. Will be looking forward to the update.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Old 12-07-2019, 04:12 PM   #85
I wanna be Dave

I got a chance to run these last night in the cold and this morning. They perform really good on rock, even wet rock (but most good tires are good in the wet). I nailed one of the harder lines while it was raining. I wont go so far as to rate it as best or better than tire X but its as good as all of the other solid options we have out there (PitBull, Proline etc.) I'm satisfied .
I was testing these with a 6 3/4 lb VS4-10.

They dont seem like they'll need breaking in at all which is nice. I didn't even bother washing the mold release off.

The tire carcass is very thin and flexible and with stock foam it does fold over from time to time but it does conform to the rocks nicely. I've got some CI dual stage foams in my cart, I think these tires are worth going all out for (IMO). Dont plan on sidehilling much with the stock foams.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 06:52 PM   #86
I wanna be Dave

Good to hear, ya love my Proline BFG Krawlers (but too big imo for most my use at 4.75") so lookin forward to more of these tires as they look scale and are a great size! Casey, CI foams are very good imo and worhtwhile for tuning.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 08:38 PM   #87
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Good to hear, ya love my Proline BFG Krawlers (but too big imo for most my use at 4.75") so lookin forward to more of these tires as they look scale and are a great size! Casey, CI foams are very good imo and worhtwhile for tuning.

Yeah a few smaller sizes would be awesome. JConcepts has some good stuff but I feel like if they put a little more into their crawler stuff they'd do well and we can only benefit

I use CI foams in almost all my tires, they're great when sized right
I was just trying to start out with the stock foams and keep things cheap and simple... but that never seems to work out
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 04:31 PM   #88
Quarry Creeper

So did the second test today, lots of sandstone formations, the tires were great, have them on truck # 1, truck # 2 has my former favorite the proline Krawler T/A in G8, both sets of tires have the same foam setup, proline dual stage in front and proline single stage in rear. Both trucks are Enduros set up almost identical. some difference in esc and motor. truck # 1 with the Landmines would definitely get better traction and climb steeper climbs. they felt a lot like the Jc Ruptures that are on my Capra. mounted on same brand of wheels the 2 types of tires are exactly the same size. hope this helps some if anyone has more questions post on here or Pm me
Old 12-08-2019, 04:38 PM   #89
I wanna be Dave

At least for me, it doesn't "help"...more like, it's made my decision for me. Now I'm REALLY looking forward to receiving them. Now to decide what to do with the Pit Bull Growler ATs that will be removed from my Capra.

Old 12-09-2019, 09:19 AM   #90
wyd
Rock Crawler

Quote:
So did the second test today, lots of sandstone formations, the tires were great, have them on truck # 1, truck # 2 has my former favorite the proline Krawler T/A in G8, both sets of tires have the same foam setup, proline dual stage in front and proline single stage in rear. Both trucks are Enduros set up almost identical. some difference in esc and motor. truck # 1 with the Landmines would definitely get better traction and climb steeper climbs. they felt a lot like the Jc Ruptures that are on my Capra. mounted on same brand of wheels the 2 types of tires are exactly the same size. hope this helps some if anyone has more questions post on here or Pm me
Sound like they worked well for you. Sounds like your running on much of the same kind of stuff I run on. I have a set on order from my local shop. How do you like running the 2 stage foams up front and single stage in the rear (are you using the molded in rear or the memory foam in the rear)? Never thought of trying a setup like that. Sounds interesting for sure.
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 10:06 AM   #91
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
How do you like running the 2 stage foams up front and single stage in the rear (are you using the molded in rear or the memory foam in the rear)? Never thought of trying a setup like that. Sounds interesting for sure.
That's something I'm also considering. When I first installed the Pit Bull Growlers on my Capra, I was using single-stage on all 4 (LHS didn't have any dual-stage), and ordered the dual-stage from Amain. Currently running the dual-stage on the Growlers, but waiting for the Landmines to ship. I LOVE the dual-stage up front, but uncertain about which is truly working better in the rear. I'd be really interested in knowing how, in the rear, the Landmines perform when comparing single vs dual.

Old 12-10-2019, 07:16 AM   #92
Quarry Creeper

I use memory foam in the rear, stock proline foams, I don't feel like the rear tire tries to fold under when side hilling or turning uphill the way the front will. also the tire seems to have a flatter profile across the tread with a single stage foam giving the rear tire a little more bite. just my opinion and what seems to work for me
Old 12-12-2019, 04:43 AM   #93
Hal
Quarry Creeper

I like the tread pattern but need a 2.2. Not all us guys run the 1.9s. I have been very happy with the Ruptures but in comp world all the good tires are dissapearing. I'm always looking for replacements. It seems all their tires are tall, even the Ruptures are much taller than the Sadonas or Rovers that are common in 2.2 comp rigs. Every new tire out is way too wide and too tall. Look at the size of Voodoo pins or RC4WD Bully pins the size is right. Pitbull XOR are way too short and very wide, the compound is great though. May have to get a couple sets and build up some 2.2s on a Rupture carcass. Interesting.....
Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 06:08 AM   #94

Quote:
I use memory foam in the rear, stock proline foams, I don't feel like the rear tire tries to fold under when side hilling or turning uphill the way the front will. also the tire seems to have a flatter profile across the tread with a single stage foam giving the rear tire a little more bite. just my opinion and what seems to work for me
Typically you want stiffer foams in the rear. When going uphill most of the weight is on the rear tires and if your foams are too soft the truck tends to want to roll over backwards.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 06:30 AM   #95
wyd
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Thanks. Going to have to mess around and see what happens. Now that I'm moving into a new place I actually will have some room to setup an area to work on my stuff so hope to be trying a lot more stuff over the upcoming months.
Old 12-12-2019, 06:32 AM   #96
wyd
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Typically you want stiffer foams in the rear. When going uphill most of the weight is on the rear tires and if your foams are too soft the truck tends to want to roll over backwards.
Looks like more stuff to try out. Need to order some inserts soon so plan on getting a couple different kinds and see what works best for me. I'm use to racing dirt oval, touring cars and off road so the crawling thing is still some what new to me as far as setups go.
Old 12-12-2019, 06:59 AM   #97

I just pulled a set of CI Lil Nova 4.5s out of my Gen8 tires because they filled the tire too much. Soft up front and medium in the back. I'm going to run them in my Landmines when they get here.

I run the same 4.5s in the Hyrax tires on my Enduro and I'm very happy with the performance. The softs in the front may have a touch too much squish so I'm going to add the outer rings to the set that I put into the Landmines and see how that works. Sine the Landmines are supposed to be about the same size as the Hyrax, I suspect that it will work well.

Last edited by Jim85IROC; 12-12-2019 at 07:03 AM.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 04:49 PM   #98
I wanna be Dave

My Landmines finally arrived (along with a few upgrade parts for my TF2). of course, it was one of those upgrades that delayed the shipment in the first place. Can't wait to get them on the Capra, and see if it performs better.

Old 12-17-2019, 03:48 AM   #99
Rock Crawler

Anyone got their scissors and glue out to make 2.2 comp crawler tires of the Landmines yet.
JENS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 06:49 AM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
Looks like more stuff to try out. Need to order some inserts soon so plan on getting a couple different kinds and see what works best for me. I'm use to racing dirt oval, touring cars and off road so the crawling thing is still some what new to me as far as setups go.
There's so much to try out on scalers just like in racing. And what works for one person won't worth for another depending on driving style, terrain, etc.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote