Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels
Loading

Notices

Thread: Landmines 1.9

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2020, 09:18 AM   #121
Moderator
 
JatoTheRipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 13,505
Default Re: Landmines 1.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post
I'm still waiting for the set that I ordered on December 7th. You'd think that JConcepts would fill their vendor orders before they keep selling their stuff direct.
That's insane. It's been 3 months! You have way more patience than me. I would have cancelled the order at Tower and ordered direct.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2020, 10:29 AM   #122
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Lancaster, NY
Posts: 201
Default Re: Landmines 1.9

I had placed an order with my local hobby shop mid December. After waiting until mid March, I canceled my order and got 4.75 rc4wd wrangler mtr’s. I got those in a few days. Rc addict has land mines in stock at the moment, but I couldn’t justify getting another set of tires at this point.
Ghonda99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 10:37 AM   #123
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: US
Posts: 1,604
Default Re: Landmines 1.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghonda99 View Post
I had placed an order with my local hobby shop mid December. After waiting until mid March, I canceled my order and got 4.75 rc4wd wrangler mtrís. I got those in a few days. Rc addict has land mines in stock at the moment, but I couldnít justify getting another set of tires at this point.
You could always get them, and 'hold' them for another vehicle...or swap them with the Wranglers, and hold those. The Landmines are outstanding...running them on my first Capra. While I also have Hyrax, I can't say they're better, worse, or the same, but only because the ones I'm running on my second Capra are 2.2. I have taken both vehicles to the same "testing grounds" at Linda Vista Park (Cupertino, CA) where RC Review does their testing, and the 1.9 Landmines performed equally well as the 2.2 Hyrax (just talking the tires, not the vehicles).

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 12:53 PM   #124
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 404
Default Re: Landmines 1.9

I had Mike from Jconcepts let me know they will be back on his site in 3 weeks.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
nedmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 04:26 PM   #125
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Mililani
Posts: 17
Default Re: Landmines 1.9

Anyone have reviews on this tire?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Guahantoyz671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 08:01 AM   #126
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Drums
Posts: 236
Default Re: Landmines 1.9

Horizon Hobby's site shows these as coming in in mid-April. I ordered a set through my LHS so I'm guessing about the same as he'll probably order these through Horizon.

Last edited by OnTheTrail; 04-13-2020 at 11:45 AM.
OnTheTrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 07:27 AM   #127
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Readsboro, VT
Posts: 1,917
Default Re: Landmines 1.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
That's insane. It's been 3 months! You have way more patience than me. I would have cancelled the order at Tower and ordered direct.
I was going to, but I got them $10 cheaper from Tower, and I'm notoriously cheap.
Honestly, my snow just melted, and now everything here is saturated, so I wouldn't have had a chance to use them yet anyway.


And, low and behold, right after I posted that last rant, I got a shipping notice in my email, and yesterday the tires FINALLY arrived!
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 08:09 AM   #128
Moderator
 
JatoTheRipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 13,505
Default Re: Landmines 1.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post
I was going to, but I got them $10 cheaper from Tower, and I'm notoriously cheap.
Honestly, my snow just melted, and now everything here is saturated, so I wouldn't have had a chance to use them yet anyway.


And, low and behold, right after I posted that last rant, I got a shipping notice in my email, and yesterday the tires FINALLY arrived!
fair enough! I'm more impatient than cheap I guess.

Nice!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 10:26 AM   #129
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 1,326
Default Re: Landmines 1.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guahantoyz671 View Post
Anyone have reviews on this tire?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been hibernating all winter but weather permitting I should be able to test mine by the weekend with the Capra.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 06:09 PM   #130
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: okc
Posts: 243
Default Re: Landmines 1.9

I found that the Landmines out performed the Hryax in my area. they seem to grab just when you think they won't
sgtlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 06:12 PM   #131
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: BFE, NV
Posts: 2,324
Default Re: Landmines 1.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtlt View Post
I found that the Landmines out performed the Hryax in my area. they seem to grab just when you think they won't
I have found the same thing. If they spin, just keep them spinning slow and the grab out of no where. I think its because the lugs are spaced at different heights.
frdtrkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 04:41 PM   #132
.
 
Topher Builds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,410
Default Re: Landmines 1.9

A class 1 size is coming...

https://www.amainhobbies.com/jconcep...8096?v=1245832

Also a more scale looking class 1 tire in the same green compound

https://www.amainhobbies.com/jconcep...8097?v=1245831

Last edited by Topher Builds; 07-28-2020 at 04:44 PM.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 05:18 PM   #133
Tiny Truck Hoarder
 
HumboldtEF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Humboldt county
Posts: 3,515
Default Re: Landmines 1.9

Jconcepts has the 4.19" in stock now https://www.jconcepts.net/shop/landm...ce-scaler-tire

They also had the 4.75's in stock last week so they should be re-stocking those soon at retailers.

I ordered up the 4.19s and should have them Friday. I'll report back once I give them a test drive, though I assume they'll work great like the 4.75s.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 04:38 PM   #134
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 3,215
Default Re: Landmines 1.9

I may give the Class 1's a try. Right now, my go-to class1 tire has definitely got to be the Pro-Line class1 BFG KM3s though.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 09:46 AM   #135
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,606
Default Re: Landmines 1.9

I ordered a set of the 4.19s to toss on my Marlin. Its getting some much needed love and I'm looking forward to taking it out. I still havent taken the 4.75s out to test but they feel like they will do good.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 12:29 AM   #136
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 3,215
Default Re: Landmines 1.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
Jconcepts has the 4.19" in stock now https://www.jconcepts.net/shop/landm...ce-scaler-tire

They also had the 4.75's in stock last week so they should be re-stocking those soon at retailers.

I ordered up the 4.19s and should have them Friday. I'll report back once I give them a test drive, though I assume they'll work great like the 4.75s.
Can you measure the width of the class 1 landmines?

I have some really wide Gearhead RC wheels, and right now the only class 1 tires that fit them are RC4WD tires. The RC4WDs perform horrible, so I'm looking for a different class 1 tire.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 12:10 PM   #137
Tiny Truck Hoarder
 
HumboldtEF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Humboldt county
Posts: 3,515
Default Re: Landmines 1.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
Can you measure the width of the class 1 landmines?

I have some really wide Gearhead RC wheels, and right now the only class 1 tires that fit them are RC4WD tires. The RC4WDs perform horrible, so I'm looking for a different class 1 tire.
Looks like 1 1/2" -1 7/16" wide at the tread, the sides bulge out a tiny bit extra.

I have mine mounted on the stock VS4-10 wheels which I think are around 1" wide.

Sadly I havent even run these tires yet but I know the 4.75" version works really well.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 12:21 PM   #138
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 3,215
Default Re: Landmines 1.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
Looks like 1 1/2" -1 7/16" wide at the tread, the sides bulge out a tiny bit extra.

I have mine mounted on the stock VS4-10 wheels which I think are around 1" wide.

Sadly I havent even run these tires yet but I know the 4.75" version works really well.
Thanks Casey.

My Gearhead wheels are 1.25" wide. These might be a little too narrow for me.

The RC4WD Dick Cepek Extreme Country tires are 44.5mm wide. Which are perfect for this wheel, but the compound (I have the older version) and the tread don't give me the best performance.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 02:43 PM   #139
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,606
Default Re: Landmines 1.9

I finally got a good run on the 4.75" Landmines last weekend on my C2 rig. My foam setup was not ideal for that particular truck. Its way too lightweight for the Proline 2 stage foams i have in them. With that said, they still did pretty good until they got wet. Then their performance was lacking a bit, especially when compared to the Predator Krawlers I had on my VS410.

For now, I put the Landmines on my VS410 Pro and I'll see how they do on it. As much as I love the Krawlers on that truck, it tears them up pretty quick since it is heavy and has a 3100kv Roc 412 HD in it. I'll put the Krawlers on the C2 with some 4.5 CI lil Novas.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com