Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Crawlers
Loading

Notices

Thread: Best 1.9 tires

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2019, 06:48 PM   #41
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Simcoe Ontario Canada
Posts: 148
Default Re: Best 1.9 tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASA-Grafix View Post
whats the best way to get the std trx4 canyon trails off the rims?......the tires arnt to bad but want to run rimlocks


Ive tried boiling and blow-drier (commercial grade)., neither one was very quick or fun...
Not sure which way Id repeat...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lkvisser is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2019, 11:23 PM   #42
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 42
Default Re: Best 1.9 tires

Following this thread.

Do find that Proline Hyrax Predators with Proline dual stage foams are my favorite tires/foams for the rocks and water runs in Reno, NV. However, some locals use G8s for more durability.

Last edited by Still Bill; 05-23-2019 at 11:28 PM.
Still Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 04:08 AM   #43
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 61
Default Re: Best 1.9 tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
Following this thread.

Do find that Proline Hyrax Predators with Proline dual stage foams are my favorite tires/foams for the rocks and water runs in Reno, NV. However, some locals use G8s for more durability.
Hyraxes do seem to be a pretty safe option. I got Proline krawler kx and love the way they handle the very mixed terrain here in the north east. Handles mud great but clears out the mud quickly to get lots of grip on rocks.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
rcdriftmasterj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 12:36 PM   #44
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Lambourn
Posts: 23
Default Re: Best 1.9 tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkvisser View Post
Ive tried boiling and blow-drier (commercial grade)., neither one was very quick or fun...
Not sure which way Id repeat...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Try this thread
Easy way to remove glued tyres

Buy one for the missus, it's a great cooker, then when she's out do your tyres
triafgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 05:05 PM   #45
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: 1972 born Christian, Chinese.
Posts: 1,257
Default Re: Best 1.9 tires

My TRX-4 Camel edition is on KM3 now
Teng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 09:02 AM   #46
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Nairobi
Posts: 2
Default Re: Best 1.9 tires

hi guys,need your advice..i just fitted a pitbull xl rockbeast on a axial satin chrome beadlocks. when i tested it on my trx 4 tactical unit i noticed that the wheel is wobbling, i fitted the original tire back and no wobbling, what could be the problem on this?? thanks in advance
rey tacis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 09:48 AM   #47
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Simcoe Ontario Canada
Posts: 148
Default Best 1.9 tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey tacis View Post
hi guys,need your advice..i just fitted a pitbull xl rockbeast on a axial satin chrome beadlocks. when i tested it on my trx 4 tactical unit i noticed that the wheel is wobbling, i fitted the original tire back and no wobbling, what could be the problem on this?? thanks in advance


Not positive.., pinched foam, not a perfect mount.., hopefully not a bent rim. Most times I find if I take the wheel off the truck and just reinstall it, it sits straighter.

..., the newer the hub the tighter if fits. Sometimes just reinstalling helps it sit in more evenly/ straighter.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lkvisser is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com