Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: TRX4 Sport kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2019, 11:48 AM   #21

Default Re: TRX4 Sport kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
A hobby shop posted to one of our local groups they are taking preorders on the Blazers so there is a very high probability of being real.

Oh, and I beat you on posting this by 2 minutes. This is what it must feel like being Frank211.

New TRX4 version - Chevy Blazer
Dammit! Beaten by a Ford again! At least I didn’t post a duplicate thread that we know will be coming.

Any word on when it’ll be available?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2019, 12:07 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Dammit! Beaten by a Ford again! At least I didn’t post a duplicate thread that we know will be coming.

Any word on when it’ll be available?
Someone said dealers should have their demo models in a few weeks and orders should ship a few weeks after that. Seems logical, Traxxas doesn't seem to debut a product then not ship it for months (lookin at you, HPI).

Also I'm brand agnostic. I believe that Ford is a good brand that has made many fine vehicles over the years but they are not blessed and not the savior of auto-kind.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 12:16 PM   #23

Quote:
Someone said dealers should have their demo models in a few weeks and orders should ship a few weeks after that. Seems logical, Traxxas doesn't seem to debut a product then not ship it for months (lookin at you, HPI).

Also I'm brand agnostic. I believe that Ford is a good brand that has made many fine vehicles over the years but they are not blessed and not the savior of auto-kind.
Awesome! And very true about Traxxas being quick to release after the announcement of a product. I was going to order the Sport kit, but I may have to wait for the Blazer. Now I'm torn.

Same here. I'm a Chevy fan, but Ford made some awesome vehicles over the years and their current trucks (Raptor) are better looking than the Chevys.
Old 03-01-2019, 12:59 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Awesome! And very true about Traxxas being quick to release after the announcement of a product. I was going to order the Sport kit, but I may have to wait for the Blazer. Now I'm torn.

Same here. I'm a Chevy fan, but Ford made some awesome vehicles over the years and their current trucks (Raptor) are better looking than the Chevys.
I called my nearest HobbyTown and they were clueless. I’m guessing it’s going to be based on the full-featured Bronco platform, which would set the cost about the same as the Bronco/Defender...ouch. I think I’m still more attracted to the Sport kit, even though an RTR would be more immediate gratification.
johnnyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 01:05 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Has anyone heard any more about the release of the TRX4 Mercedes G-Wagon? Just wonder if Traxxas is planning to release both the K5 and the G-Wagon. Does anyone know if the the Blazer shown at the Nuremberg Toy show?
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 01:06 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyluv View Post
I called my nearest HobbyTown and they were clueless. I’m guessing it’s going to be based on the full-featured Bronco platform, which would set the cost about the same as the Bronco/Defender...ouch. I think I’m still more attracted to the Sport kit, even though an RTR would be more immediate gratification.
I'm guessing the complete, clear body will be about the same price as the Bronco - $160. If I don't buy the RTR with the painted body I'd have trouble spending that much on a clear body.

But I do want my second TRX-4 to be more performance oriented like the Sport.

So I'm still torn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector86 View Post
Has anyone heard any more about the release of the TRX4 Mercedes G-Wagon? Just wonder if Traxxas is planning to release both the K5 and the G-Wagon. Does anyone know if the the Blazer shown at the Nuremberg Toy show?
I haven't heard more, but Traxxas...hell yes! This G-Wagon, Sport Kit, and now the Blazer!
Old 03-01-2019, 01:17 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

having not had one, does anyone 3d print grill etc for this sport body to make it more resemble a real world truck? I could go for this kit if I could massage it a little to make it resemble a real world truck I think. But at 270, I think one could sell the body and wheels and tires and recoup another to cover a new body, and I have plenty of wheels and tires around. How wide are these? This thing is calling for a proline comanche body with those scale accessories.
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 01:23 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeMinnix View Post
having not had one, does anyone 3d print grill etc for this sport body to make it more resemble a real world truck? I could go for this kit if I could massage it a little to make it resemble a real world truck I think. But at 270, I think one could sell the body and wheels and tires and recoup another to cover a new body, and I have plenty of wheels and tires around. How wide are these? This thing is calling for a proline comanche body with those scale accessories.

Traxxas is now offering both a front and rear molded plastic light panels for the Sport body.

Headlight/grill:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-811...S!-1:rk:1:pf:0

Taillight panel:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tailgate-pa...2VF:rk:16:pf:0

That said, the new Sport kit appears to include these Sport body light bits along with other add on parts.

Last edited by Inspector86; 03-01-2019 at 01:30 PM.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 01:29 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeMinnix View Post
having not had one, does anyone 3d print grill etc for this sport body to make it more resemble a real world truck? I could go for this kit if I could massage it a little to make it resemble a real world truck I think.

I don't know what you could make it into since it is so generic. Squint really hard and pretend it is a 2014 Ford Ranger from another part of the world?

svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 07:29 PM   #30

Quote:
I don't know what you could make it into since it is so generic. Squint really hard and pretend it is a 2014 Ford Ranger from another part of the world?
And it'll still look better than the car/truck Honda Ridgeline!
Old 03-01-2019, 10:14 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I'm guessing the complete, clear body will be about the same price as the Bronco - $160. If I don't buy the RTR with the painted body I'd have trouble spending that much on a clear body.

But I do want my second TRX-4 to be more performance oriented like the Sport.

So I'm still torn.
Funny. I went and added up the cost of getting a clear Sport body + Expedition package + Lenses & grills, in order to put them on my Bronco slider, but buying the full kit seemed like a better deal. Maybe, since I already have a full-featured D110, I could sell the Bronco roller and get the Sport kit.
I feel ya on being torn, although I'm in a slightly different scenario. I think if I really was drawn to the Blazer I'd see that as a great addition to my collection, because it does look good, especially that orange/white one.
Old 03-02-2019, 04:45 AM   #32
RCC Addict

Must buy items

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Teng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 07:52 AM   #33
Rock Crawler

Quote:

We actually just took delivery of our first 19 ranger this past week at the lot, now you have me thinking.
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 08:16 AM   #34
Pebble Pounder

Omg I literally just bought the sport rtr and pulled all electronics off of it.. Just my luck smdh
pyroM!KE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:54 AM   #35
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroM!KE View Post
Omg I literally just bought the sport rtr and pulled all electronics off of it.. Just my luck smdh
Oh, man, that's unfortunate. I was considering doing that same thing, just several days before this news broke out. I was going to get a blue Sport RTR + Expedition package, and eventually replace the body with a custom-painted one. Glad I didn't pull the trigger.

I'm currently wondering if the Sport platform is better than the HPI Venture, because, if it is, I'll sell mine and get the Sport kit. I do know there's much more aftermarket for the TRX-4, already. I just don't need a bunch of single-speed scalers, but I like the Sport body & accessories.
Old 03-04-2019, 04:36 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

my local dealer should have his Blazer demo tomorrow, I'm thinking about getting it after the demo period is over
sgtlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 02:29 PM   #37
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtlt View Post
my local dealer should have his Blazer demo tomorrow, I'm thinking about getting it after the demo period is over
Please take pics of the trim and underside of the body, including light buckets, if you’d be able to
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 02:55 PM   #38
Rock Crawler

Can anyone confirm whether this kit has 12.3 or 12.8 wheelbase?
neilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 02:58 PM   #39
RCC Addict

Its 12.3. Specs on traxxas site show it bein 1mm shorter than the bronco

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 03:06 PM   #40
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Its 12.3. Specs on traxxas site show it bein 1mm shorter than the bronco

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

I can't see it on the Traxxas website. They've only got the Kit with electrics.
neilus is offline   Reply With Quote

TRX4 Sport kit - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2 speed conversion kit/activating servo in my trx4 sport ShotCrawler Traxxas Crawlers 3 08-31-2021 05:11 PM
trx4 sport motor floydtn Newbie General 4 02-18-2019 02:33 PM
Trx4 bronco with Sport body and traxxas lift kit Exiwolfman Traxxas TRX-4 0 10-13-2018 02:20 PM
Trx4 kit or trx4 sport mebeknob Newbie General 10 09-26-2018 10:38 PM