Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: c0bra’s trx4 sport

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2020, 07:15 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default c0bra’s trx4 sport

Well this isn’t much of a build thread as it’s mostly already done but who’s judging? Anyways this truck started life as a blue trx4 sport Rtr that I got from the lhs, I wanted a kit version but they didn’t have any at the time. Anyways as soon as I got the truck home the body and electronics were taken out and the body was set aside (shhhh don’t tell traxxas).

From the start I knew this truck was going to get a killerbody lc70. After wanting to build a second one to replace the beaten scx10ii lc70(thanks to a little kid at a demo for the lhs), and finally deciding on using this chassis instead of the ssd. Anyways with the body chosen I went to go place the order for it and found that there was a trx4 version, which I didn’t like because of the flares, so I ordered the original along with a hood hinge kit and trx4 mounts. I also ordered a loops model arb bumper because I don’t like the stock one

Anyways with the body on its way I ordered basically every single axle case upgrade that locked up makes for these axles, including the case itself and all of the parts for the portals. When installing all of the parts I added the diff selector option to the front axle from spare parts from 2 other trx4 builds, along with a hot racing diff servo mount and eco power servo. After all of the axle upgrades, the truck should have a MUCH lower cog. The rest of the drivetrain is stock.

Next it was time for electronics and I had a bit of an issue, I had a pro4hd and roc412hd sitting around with a trx4 monster truck and this truck, once remembering the roc series is more for crawling then the choice was clear so this truck got the roc412hd 3100kv along with a 16t? pinion. I also replaced the spur with a 45t just to keep all of the trx4 build on the same spur. For steering duty I went with a savox 2290 and paired that with a vanquish horn. For a receiver I went with a ruddog receiver to pair with a mt44. For an esc I got tired of waiting for the rare and illusive mamba x, I picked up a tekin rx4

Then the body came in and I realized how narrow this body is relative to a sport or bronco body. After a slight trim and a few revisions of a printed body mount the cab and bed were finally attached except the rear shock tower had to be removed. Now I’m building this with performance in mind but I don’t want to cut a giant hole in the bed, so a quick look at thingiverse and a few hours later I had parts for a cantilever suspension! Then after some tinkering and making 2 links I had half a working suspension and was in desperate need of spacers.

So onto the looks of the truck, I decided to paint the truck black and decided on bronze wheels and was going to order ssd wheels but then super shafty falcons appeared on here in the for sale and is immediately changed my mind. So I picked them up along with shorter rock beast tires. After messing with slw hubs that are too short and too long I finally settled on 475 hubs. Now unfortunately the front will rub if it’s articulating wile turning but not too bad. I also marked out were I wanted to cut the cab to remove the flare mounts and add some clearance.

YAY! FINALLY a pic!!! It’s time to paint, and Tamiya ts? black and krylon gloss clear came in. Along with some Tamiya x gun metal for the grill and latches. After some assembly work it’s time for more pics. Ignore the Mojave body and the extra stuff in the background

Then after robbing the door hinges off the other lc70 body and setting it on the chassis

All I can say is WOW that’s a nice looking truck but I probably need smaller tires.

Now I have a plan to mount the battery on the drivers side slider (in the us) with the rx4 mounted on top of the transmission. I also have an idea for the door latches as well. I also need to find the led kit I have and somehow run all the wires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2020, 08:12 AM   #2

Default Re: c0bra’s trx4 sport

looks killer although i agree with you. may need smaller tires but it looks awesome
straight6zj is offline   Reply With Quote

c0bra’s trx4 sport - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRX4 or TRX4 Sport Kit? Help please. m4inbrain Traxxas Crawlers 13 09-01-2021 07:47 AM
c0bra turns a trx4 into a hard body monster truck! c0bra Traxxas TRX-4 4 07-04-2020 09:02 AM
TRX4 Sport body on TRX4 Crawler kit chassisc redpeppers Paint and Body 7 09-14-2019 12:59 AM
c0bra’s trx4 bronco build c0bra Traxxas TRX-4 6 03-28-2019 08:46 AM
c0bra’s hpi rs4 sport 3 c0bra Non Crawler RC's 14 05-24-2018 11:00 AM