Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: Stomp's TRX4 Sport Kit Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2020, 06:51 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Stomp's TRX4 Sport Kit Build

The snow has been holding on, but it finally is getting a little warm and mostly melted off. Might be able to finally get it our tomorrow.
Stomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2021, 05:31 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

The snow is finally melting off and I have had a little time to play with this on the rocks. So far I am a little disappointed in this one. I was hoping it might crawl better then my Ascender, but it does not do nearly as well. I will have to play with it more, but now I am wishing I had bought the Capra instead. Oh well.
Old 03-19-2021, 04:08 AM   #43
Rock Crawler

What’s it doing/not doing that you’re unhappy about?

Mine has taken a lot of tinkering to get where it’s at and there’s more to be done. A lot of that is me compelled to mess with things though. Lol

Your 10/45 gearing should be nice and slow and your motor/esc setup should have good low speed control.
Benp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 02:52 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the reply. The TRX4 Sport just does not perform as well as the Ascender. It cannot do the same lines, seems like it has less traction with the same wheel and tires. They have the same wheelbase, but the TRX4 gets high centered more then the Ascender. (Ascender has more suspension travel so maybe that is why.)

To be fair the Ascender has a light weight low body and SSD knuckle and rear axle weights. That adds 160g front and 120g. in the rear. Also I have the whole cage rack thing on the TRX4 Sport which makes it much more top heavy.

Also the Ascender is dead silent which I really like while the TRX4 is very loud. Lots of gear sounds and a ticking sound which I do not like.

I have done a lot of work getting my Ascender dialed in, which I have not done with the TRX4 at this point. I might buy some brass portal weights for the TRX4 and maybe add a lighter body. I though about removing the rack and cutting it up, but I do like the looks of it so think I will just go with a new body.

Last edited by Stomp; 03-30-2021 at 03:08 PM.
Old 03-30-2021, 04:15 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stomp View Post
Thanks for the reply. The TRX4 Sport just does not perform as well as the Ascender. It cannot do the same lines, seems like it has less traction with the same wheel and tires. They have the same wheelbase, but the TRX4 gets high centered more then the Ascender. (Ascender has more suspension travel so maybe that is why.)

To be fair the Ascender has a light weight low body and SSD knuckle and rear axle weights. That adds 160g front and 120g. in the rear. Also I have the whole cage rack thing on the TRX4 Sport which makes it much more top heavy.

Also the Ascender is dead silent which I really like while the TRX4 is very loud. Lots of gear sounds and a ticking sound which I do not like.

I have done a lot of work getting my Ascender dialed in, which I have not done with the TRX4 at this point. I might buy some brass portal weights for the TRX4 and maybe add a lighter body. I though about removing the rack and cutting it up, but I do like the looks of it so think I will just go with a new body.
That's how I feel about my TRX4 Bronco. After having my 10.2 for a little over a month, I am less than impressed with the TRX4. I definitely wont be buying another one. Neither trucks have brass, both running the same battery and both ran Proline BFG Krawlers in G8 when I did my climbing test on a piece of plywood. The TRX4 is significantly heavier compared to my 10ii and most of that weight is spread out where as the 10ii most of that weght is up front. The cg on the TRX4 is wayy higher than the 10ii.

Rant over lmao.
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 09:33 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
That's how I feel about my TRX4 Bronco. After having my 10.2 for a little over a month, I am less than impressed with the TRX4. I definitely wont be buying another one. Neither trucks have brass, both running the same battery and both ran Proline BFG Krawlers in G8 when I did my climbing test on a piece of plywood. The TRX4 is significantly heavier compared to my 10ii and most of that weight is spread out where as the 10ii most of that weght is up front. The cg on the TRX4 is wayy higher than the 10ii.

Rant over lmao.

Yeah it is kind of weird because all the videos I watched seemed to make the TRX4 out to be the best. I was trying to decide between the TRX4 Sport Kit and the Capra Kit. I guess if you are more into trail running and scale the TRX4 would be a good option, but I think if you are more performance based like I am, the Capra might have been a better choice.I would be interested to see how the Capra would perform compared to my Ascender.
Old 03-31-2021, 10:14 PM   #47
Quarry Creeper

Here is the Carpa vs Ascender video I was hoping for. The Ascender outperforms the Capra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqEL7CDak_8

Stomp's TRX4 Sport Kit Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
akumu - TRX4 Sport kit build v33 Traxxas TRX-4 9 04-24-2021 12:15 AM
Father/Son TRX4 Sport Kit Build Forker45 Traxxas TRX-4 27 07-04-2020 11:05 AM
trx4 sport kit build traxxas79k5 Traxxas TRX-4 0 05-20-2019 07:35 AM
Alex's TRX4 Sport kit build alexleblanc Traxxas TRX-4 13 05-06-2019 11:46 AM