Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: B-MOW's Vanquish VRD Carbon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2023, 08:11 AM   #21
Go Buckeyes!

Default Re: B-MOW's Vanquish VRD Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Tropics? I wish lol. Its been down in the 20s n 30s every night this week n may 60 at the highest during the day. But, it is supposed to be back in the 70 the next week or so, which will be nice for hertiage day, swap meet n car show this weekend

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk

Oh damn! I see the premature cold spell came to visit you too!

70’s is much better and the temps here will rise back into the 50’s. That grass covering snow we had on Halloween almost had me packing my bags and heading south!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2023, 02:15 PM   #22
RCC Addict

What's in the D-bag?

Sorry.....I had to.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 07:38 AM   #23
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX-D View Post
What's in the D-bag?

Sorry.....I had to.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Ha! Yeah, that bag is coming shortly!
Old 11-06-2023, 03:58 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Very interesting. I have axles built and will be using a chassis mounted servo with one of our custom mounts. I decided to go with the Fusion 2300 as well, so I'm just waiting for it to arrive. Still up in the air about the body. Maybe a deadbolt?
SteveB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 05:53 PM   #25
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB1 View Post
Very interesting. I have axles built and will be using a chassis mounted servo with one of our custom mounts. I decided to go with the Fusion 2300 as well, so I'm just waiting for it to arrive. Still up in the air about the body. Maybe a deadbolt?

I thought about adding the chassis mounts and running a chassis mounted servo, but all of my rigs are CMS, so I decided to stick with the SOA since it will be different.

I did plan on running my unused Cliffhanger body, but decided to order something new and different. It’ll be here Wednesday.

Old 11-07-2023, 06:31 AM   #26
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Well, I think it is official. So just between you and me, I'm going all in on the Zuul body. Yeah, the Element Zuul! The more I see that body the more I'm really liking it.

But...but, I'm not going to leave it in stock form. More to come on that later when it arrives!
Cool, good choice. I think it’s a great body. On a functional level isn’t it basically an Ecto with fenders(which will likely have to come off)? It’s a body I look forward to throwing on a build at some point.

Did you ever solve the mystery of the ‘Stance’ body listed on VP’s optional parts list?
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 08:01 AM   #27
Quarry Creeper

I'm gonna drag my feet a bit on the body and see how you guys come out with your builds. Looking forward to how they turn out.

s
Old 11-07-2023, 09:11 AM   #28
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
Cool, good choice. I think it’s a great body. On a functional level isn’t it basically an Ecto with fenders(which will likely have to come off)? It’s a body I look forward to throwing on a build at some point.

Did you ever solve the mystery of the ‘Stance’ body listed on VP’s optional parts list?
Yeah, it's basically an Ecto rear end with a FJ45 front end. I'm hoping to keep some or all of the front fenders to keep the look. It'll all depend on tire rub.

You know, I've never really heard anything about the Stance body. I'm shocked that nobody really even asked about it on FB. Or at least I haven't seen any ask about it yet. I'm sure it will be some sort of comp body that plays well with the VRD chassis.

Quote:
I'm gonna drag my feet a bit on the body and see how you guys come out with your builds. Looking forward to how they turn out.

s
At the speed I'm building this, you may pass me by!

I'm really hoping the weather stays decent here so that I can get the body cut, mounted and painted!
Old 11-07-2023, 10:05 AM   #29
RCC Addict

I think that’s a good choice for this chassis. Not my cup of tea necessarily, but it should be very capable for sure

Also, I’m sure you will make it look it’s best with your paint and detailing

twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 11:22 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

Following for some more progression!
Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 08:40 AM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Yeah, it's basically an Ecto rear end with a FJ45 front end. I'm hoping to keep some or all of the front fenders to keep the look. It'll all depend on tire rub.

You know, I've never really heard anything about the Stance body. I'm shocked that nobody really even asked about it on FB. Or at least I haven't seen any ask about it yet. I'm sure it will be some sort of comp body that plays well with the VRD chassis.

At the speed I'm building this, you may pass me by!

I'm really hoping the weather stays decent here so that I can get the body cut, mounted and painted!

Ha.! maybe so. My paint won't be as fancy as you guys, but I'll try to bump up my game this time and use more than one color. ..
Old 11-10-2023, 09:56 AM   #32
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
I think that’s a good choice for this chassis. Not my cup of tea necessarily, but it should be very capable for sure

Also, I’m sure you will make it look it’s best with your paint and detailing

I'll see what I can do with it. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goro Majima View Post
Following for some more progression!
Thanks for following! Real life problems has derailed this build. New updates coming tonight or tomorrow.

Quote:
Ha.! maybe so. My paint won't be as fancy as you guys, but I'll try to bump up my game this time and use more than one color. ..
Old 11-12-2023, 08:40 AM   #33
Go Buckeyes!

Hey MaX-D, here's the D-Bag! Well, back to building. This build has been delayed in order to take care of real life issues, and now it's back.

On the Bag D, the VFD transmission. This VFD is more similar to the trans that came with the VS4-10 Pro. This new version of the VRD VFD now comes in a lightweight spec. It comes with lightweight machined chromoly gears, lightweight alum motor plate, alum bearing plates and built in 21% overdrive.

This kit does includes the plastic faux transmission housing that can be installed if desired. I opted not to use it in this build.

Name:  IMG_2867.jpg
Views: 800
Size:  180.3 KB

Name:  IMG_2868.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  119.3 KB

Here's a look at the new lightweight machined gears installed.

Name:  IMG_2869.jpg
Views: 791
Size:  90.6 KB

Name:  IMG_2870.jpg
Views: 788
Size:  95.9 KB

Name:  IMG_2871.jpg
Views: 788
Size:  105.3 KB

There is an optional plastic electronics tray that can be added to the left side of the trans instead of the supplied alum standoffs that come with the kit.

Also, the plastic gear cover now has a more tapered design to give more clearance to the front axle and axle mounted servo.

Name:  IMG_2872.jpg
Views: 780
Size:  147.5 KB

Name:  IMG_2873.jpg
Views: 765
Size:  126.7 KB

Name:  IMG_2874.jpg
Views: 765
Size:  182.7 KB

Name:  IMG_2875.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  175.6 KB

Name:  IMG_2876.jpg
Views: 761
Size:  179.7 KB
Old 11-12-2023, 08:45 AM   #34
RCC Addict

She’s a thing of beauty!

Old 11-12-2023, 11:01 AM   #35
Go Buckeyes!

Here are the weights of items so far.

Upper and lower links: 5.3 oz./150.25 grams

Name:  IMG_2877.jpg
Views: 750
Size:  181.0 KB

Aluminum sliders: 1.9 oz./53.86 grams

Name:  IMG_2878.jpg
Views: 741
Size:  179.9 KB

VFD with skid w/o motor: 8.3 oz./235.30 grams

Name:  IMG_2879.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  180.0 KB

Complete chassis rails w/o skid: 3.9 oz./110.56 grams

Name:  IMG_2880.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  183.5 KB

Complete chassis rails with skid and VFD: 1 lbs. 3.9 oz./564.16 grams

Name:  IMG_2881.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  181.0 KB
Old 11-27-2023, 08:32 AM   #36

Very cool kit. Looks like a fun build too!

I recently started getting the itch to come back. I went hunting for a VS4-10 Pro in clear and heard they were discontinued, but I have seen conflicting information from Harley.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 08:50 AM   #37
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post

I recently started getting the itch to come back. I went hunting for a VS4-10 Pro in clear and heard they were discontinued, but I have seen conflicting information from Harley.

From what I’ve seen they are for sure discontinued, but you may be able to find some in stock here or there. I could be wrong though

I did just see one sell on fb for $600 nib. If you wanted one I’d definitely get one sooner than later.

Brian thanks for sharing weights. I definitely noticed how light the vfd bag was when I opened my kit up.

Old 11-27-2023, 09:20 AM   #38
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post

Jato!! Great to hear from you! RCC has missed your beaming smile! Hope all is going as well as can be for you.

This VS4-10 Pro and/or the new VRD Carbon would look really good on your bench and it just may relieve that itch.

As @twade said, I do believe that the Pro and Ultra are discontinued just like the Origin. I heard Josh say that they stashed some kits of each to send out with this years TOF holiday extravaganza. Might be worth taking a shot at that to get a PRO if you've had a recent streak of good luck! I have heard that some hobby shops do have some left, but may be hard to track them down.

Hope to see a new build from you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
Brian thanks for sharing weights. I definitely noticed how light the vfd bag was when I opened my kit up.

No problem! I thought some would like to know. I was surprised at how light some of these were. This build will probably be one of my lightest. I'll be interested to see how the total weight compares to my GSpeed V3 rig.
Old 12-09-2023, 07:50 AM   #39
Go Buckeyes!

This build hasn't been forgotten. It's just waiting on ordered items and the guy building it to find some time!

So as it sits now, I've installed a set of OG 101 Methods that have never found a home on any of my rigs yet. I'm going to try and make them stay on this build. They will get a different set of performing tires sometime in the future.

The Element Zuul body is here and trimmed. For now it is at rest on top of the VRD.

Also threw in a NSDRC RS-500B as a placeholder until I decided on a permanent servo. Attached the Special Edition 2023 Breast Cancer Awareness Edition Servo Horn.

Name:  IMG_3429.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  183.9 KB

Name:  IMG_3430.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  153.2 KB

Name:  IMG_3431.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  178.9 KB

Name:  IMG_3432.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  179.0 KB

Name:  IMG_3433.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  180.9 KB
Old 12-22-2023, 06:40 AM   #40
Go Buckeyes!

I wasn't planning on this, but it's here. The Vanquish Stance body in clear has arrived. I figured I better get one before they're gone! I heard these are a hot seller now and may be out of stock for awhile.

I probably set the Stance and the Zuul body up to run on this chassis. We'll see. I'm hoping to get these taped up and painted this weekend. It's supposed to be fairly warm here in Ohio this weekend. It may be the last chance I have before the deep freeze blows in for good!

Name:  IMG_3594.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  181.2 KB

Tags
b-mow71, vanquish, vrd, vrd carbon

B-MOW's Vanquish VRD Carbon - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
B-MOW's Enduro Journey! B-MOW71 Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 243 04-08-2024 08:22 AM
New Vanquish VRD Carbon Sniper4370 Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 122 02-26-2024 08:48 AM
B-MOW's IFS Trailwalker B-MOW71 Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 113 05-31-2023 09:16 AM