Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Ascender

Notices

Thread: So how does every one like their Ascender?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2014, 05:43 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: So how does every one like their Ascender?

Cool looking Comanche!

Am I being petty (go easy!) about torque twist? In the videos it looks a little awkward, please don't think I'm crapping on these cool trucks!
skybolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2014, 06:43 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

The torque twist is very minimal I thought, its incredibly hard to roll this truck.

Sent using magic
crawl33oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 03:47 AM   #23
I wanna be Dave

I love mine, RTR came with HD pinions and driveshafts, been flogging it on 2S and 3S!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 03:00 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

I like most of everything about it, although now that I've change shocks (extended PL powerstroke scalers), I seem to be hitting the panhard bar upper mount with my left steering knuckle. I might just opt for a 4link, and chop off the brackets for the panhard bar altogether.
Alexander_0_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 03:08 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander_0_1 View Post
I like most of everything about it, although now that I've change shocks (extended PL powerstroke scalers), I seem to be hitting the panhard bar upper mount with my left steering knuckle. I might just opt for a 4link, and chop off the brackets for the panhard bar altogether.
The Proline scaler shocks are too short eye to eye and therefore allow the suspension to compress farther than stock and sooner or later stuff is going to hit. If you want shock upgrade , by the Vaterra aluminum shocks they are sweet! If you eliminate the panhard setup and go with standard 4 link, it's going to bumpsteer.
Old 06-28-2015, 03:56 PM   #26
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
The Proline scaler shocks are too short eye to eye and therefore allow the suspension to compress farther than stock and sooner or later stuff is going to hit. If you want shock upgrade , by the Vaterra aluminum shocks they are sweet! If you eliminate the panhard setup and go with standard 4 link, it's going to bumpsteer.
I literally just tried the front 4 link this morning and eliminating the panhard bar definitely caused dump steer. I went right back with the panhard bar because it was so bad trying to steer under load.
stillsmokin875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 04:46 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

Meh!......I'll work around it, I thought it would be more of an issue, but I just came in from trying to see if it actually hits when its moving, and it doesn't....I would have to jump it, land hard, while fully locking the wheels right for it to happen the way I thought it would.
Alexander_0_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 04:54 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by skybolt View Post
Cool looking Comanche!

Am I being petty (go easy!) about torque twist? In the videos it looks a little awkward, please don't think I'm crapping on these cool trucks!
The TT is not very noticeable without the body, but that large, wide and wall Blazer body really makes it visible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawl33oh View Post
The torque twist is very minimal I thought, its incredibly hard to roll this truck.

Sent using magic
Yes, TT is not that bad imo, it's difficult to roll this truck even with that big ol Blazer body riding high on stock body post settings. I'm impressed with mine and I'm hard to impress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander_0_1 View Post
Meh!......I'll work around it, I thought it would be more of an issue, but I just came in from trying to see if it actually hits when its moving, and it doesn't....I would have to jump it, land hard, while fully locking the wheels right for it to happen the way I thought it would.
OK, cool doesn't sound too muchh of an issue then. Fall Guy stunt driving tends to be hard on crawlers anyways lol.

So how does every one like their Ascender? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OS builds an Ascender OSRC Vaterra Ascender 51 12-08-2016 03:29 PM
Ty's FJ40 Ascender Ty@Tekin 1.5 Scale Rigs 104 01-29-2016 05:56 AM
DrewHammer's Ascender DrewHammer Vaterra Ascender 18 06-28-2015 06:11 PM