Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Ascender

Notices

Thread: Ascender With Overdrive Mod

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2019, 10:20 AM   #61

Default Re: Ascender With Overdrive Mod

Thanks for all the info. But at this time I'm unable to buy a vendor star, I'd rather put the money into materials, and get some parts on the shelf. I'll sell them through the vaterra owners group and the business page I will be making on facebook. Maybe once I sell enough to make a profit I'll reconsider the vendor star. I'm not trying to get rich off this venture, but I'm not going to give away parts either. The goal is to have some fun engineering and making parts, providing unique parts to the rc community and putting a little money in my pocket.
macbeth666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2019, 11:43 AM   #62
I wanna be Dave

Any info on this? anyone running the mod that can have shaft measurements? i understand that the person that used to sell these isn't doing it anymore...
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 08:05 AM   #63
Rock Crawler

It’s been quite a while but I did find the instructions from the kit in my shop during clean up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
jrkilburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 11:39 AM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Giuseppe in Italy used to sell these, agreed that he apparently has not sold the kits in awhile, could make your own if you have tools.

Jrkilburn, thanks for posting the instructions!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 12:11 PM   #65
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Giuseppe in Italy used to sell these, agreed that he apparently has not sold the kits in awhile, could make your own if you have tools.

Jrkilburn, thanks for posting the instructions!
I asked Giuseppe a few months ago - he said he's out of stock and out of materials he needs to make more, so, as far as I know, no more overdrive parts from him
I solved the overdrive problem though - installed the trx4 axles and got overdrive gears for them. In addition I got no torque roll, outstanding turning radius and better ground clearance, as well as lockable/unlockable front and rear diff
On my other vaterra I simply installed the garbox from Element RC Enduro Sendero. Had to fabricate adapter plate to mount it, but other than that it was a straight forward job and cost around 60$ in parts.
Android is offline   Reply With Quote