Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Ascender

Notices

Thread: Veterra Bronco Old Yeller

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2018, 12:41 PM   #181
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Veterra Bronco Old Yeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOme View Post
I just laid down a 7:29 with 1 boundary penalty. The top drivers are a minute faster with no penalty. They are driving trucks that are much smaller. I'm really eating clock trying to get thru gates meant for Rc4wd and Axial width trucks. Not complaining just stating the facts. This little bronco is amazing. I am super impressed with it's capabilities.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I watched the vid, and we need to get you some Codyboy steering!!
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2018, 01:18 PM   #182
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
I watched the vid, and we need to get you some Codyboy steering!!
Ernie
That was my first run that was 11 min and lots of penalties.

SHOme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 02:45 PM   #183
Rock Crawler

Rhett's second run.

https://youtu.be/lpXOFcxz7rY

Old 02-17-2018, 04:55 PM   #184
I wanna be Dave

Commented and subscribed, very cool vids. That was a cool course they had laid out! Must have been a blast, especially having someone to run with ya. I'm jealous!

(stratobungle is my handle there)
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 08:05 AM   #185
Rock Crawler

I qualified for the final but won't make it up today. 7th out of 24. Beginners luck I guess

Old 02-18-2018, 09:33 AM   #186
Pebble Pounder

Just going by what I heard on the video, it sounded like a friendly and laid back competition.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:59 AM   #187
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyj View Post
Just going by what I heard on the video, it sounded like a friendly and laid back competition.
It was definitely that. Rhett and I felt very welcome. Everyone was willing to help with anything. It is very family friendly. I highly recommend it. Pretty sure we will continue to go to this event. The only thing I will do different is I would have run in more than 1 class for each truck just to get more driving time and less sit and wait. I didn't know about the STL class until it was to late. This is like a class 1 but must run leaf spring suspension. Codyboy hooked me up with a TF2 a while back. I could have thrown something together for my son to run a second truck. Next year we will be loaded for bear.

Old 02-18-2018, 11:28 AM   #188
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
It was definitely that. Rhett and I felt very welcome. Everyone was willing to help with anything. It is very family friendly. I highly recommend it. Pretty sure we will continue to go to this event. The only thing I will do different is I would have run in more than 1 class for each truck just to get more driving time and less sit and wait. I didn't know about the STL class until it was to late. This is like a class 1 but must run leaf spring suspension. Codyboy hooked me up with a TF2 a while back. I could have thrown something together for my son to run a second truck. Next year we will be loaded for bear.

Glad to hear it. At my age, this is what I'm looking for. Just some laid-back fun with some good natured ribbing.

When I get my Ascender finished, I'm hoping to check out a place near me that is on some guy's large piece of property. He has a dirt track, a dirt oval and a crawler course. I've driven by it a few times but I've always been afraid to drive in because you have to go up his driveway and behind his garage to get to the parking.
Old 02-18-2018, 11:31 AM   #189
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyj View Post
Glad to hear it. At my age, this is what I'm looking for. Just some laid-back fun with some good natured ribbing.

When I get my Ascender finished, I'm hoping to check out a place near me that is on some guy's large piece of property. He has a dirt track, a dirt oval and a crawler course. I've driven by it a few times but I've always been afraid to drive in because you have to go up his driveway and behind his garage to get to the parking.
In my experience they build it so you will come. BTW my dad is 73 and runs his truck more than my son and I do. Of course he is retired and has more time.

Old 02-18-2018, 01:01 PM   #190
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
In my experience they build it so you will come. BTW my dad is 73 and runs his truck more than my son and I do. Of course he is retired and has more time.

That is too cool...

I haven't even got my brother going in the hobby, and even after I finish a second vehicle I don't see it happening. We share a lot of common interests, but he is more of a watching TV sports and riding his mountain bike guy, although we shall see!

I've done some competition R/C racing long ago (just low-key local stuff) and ended up disliking the attitudes of most of the other drivers, but I just don't think crawling would be as uptight.

When I am done with my 3 rigs I'll at least try to hook up with a local bunch and see how it goes... Could be fun!
Old 02-18-2018, 02:00 PM   #191
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
That is too cool...

I haven't even got my brother going in the hobby, and even after I finish a second vehicle I don't see it happening. We share a lot of common interests, but he is more of a watching TV sports and riding his mountain bike guy, although we shall see!

I've done some competition R/C racing long ago (just low-key local stuff) and ended up disliking the attitudes of most of the other drivers, but I just don't think crawling would be as uptight.

When I am done with my 3 rigs I'll at least try to hook up with a local bunch and see how it goes... Could be fun!
Here is the deal. If you go to have fun then that's what you will have. If you go to win then....

I can remember running a RC10T and RC10GT competitively weekend after weekend when I was young and let's say very competitive. Some weekends I would leave happy as a lark and others very disappointed. Although I have only gone to 1 local event and the big national I can never be disappointed. I am there to challenge myself and my truck as well as watch the other incredible builds work. Although on my last runs I did try to pick up the pace to score well. I didn't enjoy that as much as when I took my time and tried to make the truck look real.

Nategdog is a mountain biker too. He straps his truck on his bike and rides to some beautiful spots.

Old 02-18-2018, 02:25 PM   #192
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Here is the deal. If you go to have fun then that's what you will have. If you go to win then....

I can remember running a RC10T and RC10GT competitively weekend after weekend when I was young and let's say very competitive. Some weekends I would leave happy as a lark and others very disappointed. Although I have only gone to 1 local event and the big national I can never be disappointed. I am there to challenge myself and my truck as well as watch the other incredible builds work. Although on my last runs I did try to pick up the pace to score well. I didn't enjoy that as much as when I took my time and tried to make the truck look real.

Nategdog is a mountain biker too. He straps his truck on his bike and rides to some beautiful spots.

I was pretty active in APA pool leagues for about 15 years. When I got into my 40s, it became a grind. Add in the sandbagging, guys "defensing" every other shot and team captains getting pissed at me because I didn't play that way, and I threw in the towel. It stopped being fun.

Back in 2002, I just missed going to a national tournament out in Las Vegas. I'm kind of glad I missed out. According to a friend that got to go, all the players do at the national level is "turtle". Sounds like a blast...
Old 02-18-2018, 03:20 PM   #193
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

i'm a mountain biker as well, don't get me wrong (going back 30 years) - I've posted pics of my bike somewhere around here...

I even bought a bigger backpack to hopefully be able to cram 1 crawler inside and strap another on the outside and go to the nearby park on my bike... No need to find a parking space! I got a great price on one that may unfortunately not be quite large enough for the Bomber, although my Ascnder will definitely fit!

And I never went racing for any reason other than to have fun - these were amateur (no prize money) races. There were always a handful of angry aggressive guys that would scoff and sneer at my Proline Gladiator tires and old Parma and Dahms bodies and yell at corner workers and all that. I just got tired of the aggravation.

Anyways, most of what I hear about on these forums point to crawling being much more friendly than racing on groomed tracks (or on-road R/C).

Also - I'd like to see some other people's builds actually running, in the flesh instead of on YouTube!

Pick up some driving pointers, etc...
Old 02-18-2018, 04:55 PM   #194
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Gee Cary, I'm really sorry I got my K10 out when we visited you guys!!! Look at all the time and money I have cost you in the last year and a half!!!

Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 05:22 PM   #195
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Gee Cary, I'm really sorry I got my K10 out when we visited you guys!!! Look at all the time and money I have cost you in the last year and a half!!!

Ernie
Ur so funny. The only reason you send me care packages is because u feel guilty

Old 02-20-2018, 12:33 PM   #196
Rock Crawler

It was great seeing you there and you are getting the hang of the G6 family quick. Sunday was a blast too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
jrkilburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 04:14 PM   #197
Rock Crawler

Close up video of Old Yeller at motorama. 2:40 in.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ayj6Mv...ature=youtu.be

Old 03-26-2018, 09:45 AM   #198
I wanna be Dave

You got me watching Ascender Bronco videos last night on the youtube, now I need a Bronco body. Great way to relax.

Last edited by Natedog; 03-26-2018 at 10:00 AM.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 10:13 AM   #199
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
You got me watching Ascender Bronco videos last night on the youtube, now I need a Bronco body. Great way to relax.
You will be glad to know I just traded some parts for a TFL Bronco. So with this, the Mangler and the TFL I might have to seek addiction counseling.

Old 03-26-2018, 10:39 AM   #200
I wanna be Dave

Nice, I just saw those last night too, looks reaally nice! I'll see you there then lol.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote

Veterra Bronco Old Yeller - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Guess what it will be????? motorman1600 1.9 Scale Rigs 73 12-02-2009 02:12 PM
Can You Guess drumbeater Chit Chat 18 08-13-2009 07:25 PM
Guess where I'm going! robbo989 Chit Chat 21 04-20-2007 05:26 PM
guess what. Double J Chit Chat 38 01-08-2007 12:21 AM
guess what im getting!! m0nkey98 Chit Chat 6 12-23-2006 04:43 PM