Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Twin Hammers

Notices

Thread: Turnigy servos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2016, 11:58 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Turnigy servos

One of the most popular thread topics in this TH hammer section is about shift servos - so here's another one!

After about 3 months of use my stock shift servo died and after having limited choices at my LHS I decided to purchase one through Hobbyking. From memory it was a Corona 339MG.

I hadn't even finished installing it back into the Twin hammers and the thing started glitching and died. Never even got a chance to actually us the car in anger! The servo felt red hot and after pulling it apart it looked like the internal wires had fused together and shorted out. So after enduring the pain of sorting out a warranty claim with HK they agreed to send me another one. I was already nervous and asked if I could pay the difference and upgrade to something better but was told that wasn’t possible for warranty claims....

Anyways, the second replacement servo arrives and I go over the top setting up the end points. It was set up perfectly and shifted perfectly. I didn’t even get to finish a battery pack and noticed the car glitching again and no longer shifting between gears. Pulled the car apart again to find the back of the shift servo all melted out – WTF?

So I’m guessing these Corona servos are just cheap crap and I won’t be getting another one. Just wondering whether the Turnigy ones through HK are any better, or are they just as unreliable as the Corona ones?

Thanking you in advance for your advice.
Rotare is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2016, 04:35 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Turnigy servos

I have a turnigy track star servo in my on road car. Has been rock solid.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Spunkybob is offline   Reply With Quote

Turnigy servos - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
So has anyone seen these Turnigy servos lol Wade Electronics 28 12-15-2015 10:41 PM
Need help turnigy 9x coolix Electronics 0 08-27-2014 07:50 AM
turnigy waterproof servos CRAWLERJOE Electronics 8 09-17-2012 11:22 PM
turnigy servos? toka100 Axial SCX-10 3 05-07-2011 09:53 AM