RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Vendors Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vendors-electronics/)
-   -   Winch Controller for Radio with 2 Position Third Channel (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vendors-electronics/286855-winch-controller-radio-2-position-third-channel.html)

heyok 01-06-2014 05:56 PM

Re: Winch Controller for Radio with 2 Position Third Channel

I am!
Send me a PM if I can get you some.

DaJester 01-16-2014 02:53 PM

Just got my from Heyok and works like a champ with my 2-position 3rd channel. Thanks Heyok!!!

jrowles91 03-13-2014 09:59 PM

I need one of these for my servo winch. Have the dx3s, 2 position 3rd chanel. Please let me know a total and PayPal!

I hope your still making them anyway :oops:

heyok 03-14-2014 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrowles91 (Post 4708433)
I need one of these for my servo winch. Have the dx3s, 2 position 3rd chanel. Please let me know a total and PayPal!

I hope your still making them anyway :oops:

Thank you for your interest. Yes I still make them. I will send you a PM with shipping and payment info.

crwzar80 06-16-2014 06:23 AM

Hi All, please forgive if this is posted in the wrong spot..
I have a Flysky GT3C (ATM un-moded), and am uncertain if the 3rd channel is working.
some time ago I bought a Turnigy "receiver controlled on/off switch" with the intention of controlling a winch with it however I got a winch with a controller, so I have now decided to redeploy this on off switch to a set of roof mounted LED's.
Problem is they are on all the time, regardless of the "jumper" config and "button pushing". (the config I have set up is for on/off).

is there any testing I can perform to verify the 3rd channel is working before I purchase one of these controllers.

Regards Wayne

heyok 06-16-2014 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crwzar80 (Post 4807205)
Hi All, please forgive if this is posted in the wrong spot..
I have a Flysky GT3C (ATM un-moded), and am uncertain if the 3rd channel is working.
some time ago I bought a Turnigy "receiver controlled on/off switch" with the intention of controlling a winch with it however I got a winch with a controller, so I have now decided to redeploy this on off switch to a set of roof mounted LED's.
Problem is they are on all the time, regardless of the "jumper" config and "button pushing". (the config I have set up is for on/off).

is there any testing I can perform to verify the 3rd channel is working before I purchase one of these controllers.

Regards Wayne

A good test would be to plug a servo into CH3 on your receiver and make sure you can get it to move left and right when operating the CH3 button on the transmitter.

crwzar80 06-16-2014 07:39 AM

thanks for the quick reply heyok.
as this controller is not modded, my understanding is pushing the "Chnl 3" button virtually send an impulse. would sliding the ch3 trim do anything??

regards Wayne

heyok 06-16-2014 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crwzar80 (Post 4807245)
thanks for the quick reply heyok.
as this controller is not modded, my understanding is pushing the "Chnl 3" button virtually send an impulse. would sliding the ch3 trim do anything??

regards Wayne

You're welcome.
I have to admit that I haven't used an unmodified GT3B for a long time and don't remember how these controls behave.
The best thing to do would be plug in a servo and see what happens when you try these controls. Just use your steering servo if you don't have another one handy.

crwzar80 06-16-2014 08:22 AM

Controller is all good, switch RS!
just checked it with the steering servo and ....
push the ch3 button steering full right
push again steering centres etc etc

thanks again

Regards Wayne

heyok 07-04-2014 11:53 AM

SOFT START! - when you order your winch controller, consider having me install the Soft Start option as it will help save wear and tear on the winch line and drive train.
Read more here: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vendo...ontroller.html

crwzar80 07-14-2014 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyok (Post 4825810)
SOFT START!

is this a "retro" mod that can be done??? I ordered my controller a few days before I saw this.

I received my winch controller and Head/Driving light switch last week and have finally fitted them and can I say "THEY ARE AWESOME". the Head/Driving light switch is exactly what I wanted now my GT3C is hacked.

and I can finally do away with the (often misplaced) key fob winch controller!!!

cant wait until my 6 channel RX arrives.... all of these controls from the on TX (WooHoo)

Wayne

newscaler1.9 11-04-2015 06:03 AM

Are these switches still available for purchase?

heyok 11-04-2015 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newscaler1.9 (Post 5325115)
Are these switches still available for purchase?

Yes!
Just send me a PM and I will get you set up.

CalebTheRCguy 05-31-2016 12:36 PM

Does the power for it come from the receiver? Does the receiver put out 6V?

heyok 05-31-2016 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalebTheRCguy (Post 5511260)
Does the power for it come from the receiver?

Yes.

Quote:

Does the receiver put out 6V?
The receiver puts out the voltage that is put into it!
That normally comes from the BEC built into your ESC, unless you have done something to change that, like run an external BEC.

Hope that helps. If not, it probably means you aren't aware of what a BEC is. Maybe read the sticky in the electronics section about why you need a BEC.
Also this might help too:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vendo...ainer-bec.html

CalebTheRCguy 06-01-2016 12:48 PM

Where can I purchase one of these? Can you give me a link to a website?

heyok 06-01-2016 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalebTheRCguy (Post 5511811)
Where can I purchase one of these? Can you give me a link to a website?

You can either send me a PM and we can work out placing an order, or you can click this:

http://www.freewebstore.org/HeyOK-Performance

Thanks,
Al

morocho1979 10-08-2019 09:34 AM

Question this winch controller work with KO PROPO HELIOS EX-10 with spektrum module 3rd channel bt5 , i have a 3racing winch ??

heyok 10-08-2019 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morocho1979 (Post 5968364)
Question this winch controller work with KO PROPO HELIOS EX-10 with spektrum module 3rd channel bt5 , i have a 3racing winch ??

I think it will work fine, but I don't know those parts. You can do a little test to check this for yourself.
Connect a servo to that channel and operate the channel. Does the servo move left and right, or does it move left, center and right?

If it is only left and right, then it is a two-position channel and you will be good with this type of controller.

For the winch, yes, it is compatible.
Keep in mind that the winch controller doesn't want to see more than six volts from the receiver.

Thanks,
Al

TRAV 05-19-2020 01:51 PM

Are these still available?

Thanks