Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market

Notices

Thread: TheCrawlerStore.com - Post public questions, comments, or feedback here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2005, 07:54 AM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by High elevation Ted

I haven't used my TQ3 yet, but I wonder about the rear steer. The 3rd servo switch is a 3 position, How does this work?
What you do is toggle the switch down or up to move the rear servo independently. It will be confusing at first but you will get the hang of it.
FrankyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2005, 08:04 AM   #62
The Wheels Keep Turning

Quote:
Originally Posted by High elevation Ted
I haven't used my TQ3 yet, but I wonder about the rear steer. The 3rd servo switch is a 3 position, How does this work?

--thanks Kevin, the stick and service were stellar.

t
The tq3 rear steer switch is a spring return to center switch. When you push it up, the rear turns in one direction. When you push it down the rear steering goes in the other direction. When you let go of the switch it returns to center. It's simple and affective.

Thank you for the compliments.
kevinlongisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 05:39 PM   #63

Right, I figured as much with the switch, I was more wondering if slight movements are possible or if it goes full turn and center only?
High elevation Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 07:11 PM   #64
The Wheels Keep Turning

full turn and center only.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:59 PM   #65
Rock Stacker

Just a quick update on my stick .

We held our VRRC comp down here in Australia on the weekend and the stick took out it's first win . Big credit goes out to Kevins design as this was my 3rd ever comp with any type of crawler.

Here is the only pic i have at the moment , i'll post more when i get them.

http://img381.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stick1ni.jpg

We have been invited to hold our next VRRC comp at a 1:1 crawling comp held in Australia called OZ Rock . The comp is going to be held on Oct 15th - 16th . Were having our VRRC comp on the saturday when the 1:1 trucks stop for lunch and holding demos on the Sunday whenever a 1:1 truck rolls and is beeing recovered.

There is going to be film crews and magazines so i should have some wicked photos to post of the stick once the comps done , i'll have a custom painted body and proline beadklocks on it by then so i'll post these in the pic thread after the comp.
ffactory666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 07:57 PM   #66
The Wheels Keep Turning

Tim, i posted this elsewhere but again, congrats on the win. Enjoy your time at the 1:1 event, it's always a blast to run the r/c's at those events. The crowds love em!!!!!!
Old 09-14-2005, 12:54 AM   #67

My stick chassis and all the other random parts have finally arrived, and are beginning to take shape.

That is, i should say, except for my backordered lathe motors. I was slightly surprised to find that the clod's 540's actually fit while I was mocking it up. Now I have to guess (knowing little about motors) that these won't provide the torque, but is there another reason to not use these?

I'm still waiting to buy the Batteries and ESC till I know just what I want, so am still thinking of other combos.

The body I got is trimmed and slimmed, and frankly looks pretty nasty. BTW; no glue.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:52 PM   #68
The Wheels Keep Turning

you will probably have clearance problems with the links if you use the large can motor and adjustable motor mounts.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:47 PM   #69

Talking

That makes sense, cause I'm using the stock clod setup with no adapter.

By the way Kevin, could you shed some light for me on the 540 motor winds, and the effects of using dual motors on the ESC (as far as the wind rating is concerned)?

I have done some searching and come up with contridictions and no real convincing info. I know this belongs on a motor page, but, I'll bet if you searched for 540 motor winds, this page will be near the top. I tried a bunch of combinations also, so I'm not just a lazy n00b!

'sides, I know yer a real helpful chap!!!

thanks, ted
Old 09-14-2005, 07:57 PM   #70
The Wheels Keep Turning

i'm not sure what the winds and turns are on the stock clod motors. If you run two motors in parallel, i believe it's like running one motor with half the winds. For example, two 55turn lathe motors is like running one 55/2 motor, or one 27.5 turn motor. This is not exact but i think it's a ok ballpart way of looking at it. Just a guess, the stock cans are probably 22-27 turn single wind. Hope this helps.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:34 PM   #71
I wanna be Dave

I thought it doubled it if parallel. 55x2 = 1 110 turn.

If in series I think it halfs it.
FrankyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 06:20 PM   #72
Rock Stacker

Parallel doubles ( more torque ) series halves ( more speed ) .
ffactory666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 07:01 PM   #73
The Wheels Keep Turning

I stand corrected. Sorry.

I was looking at it from the ESC stand point of view. I was trying to express that running two motors in parallel puts twice the load on the ESC. I guess that's a better way of stating it.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:44 PM   #74

So, it sounds like I shouldn't hook the two 540's to my runner reverse in parallel, but it's 16 - 36 rating could handle series.

I've got the chassis together, and hooked up one of the motors just to see it roll. The runner is temporary, but I wouldn't mind doing a little 4X action (that is without smoking the runner).

Thanks for the info, and I'd still appreciate an explaination of the details, if anyone's got it.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:53 PM   #75
The Wheels Keep Turning

if you wire your motors in series, you can definitely use that speed control. But you won't have much power. You will only be getting about half the power to each motor. Series only supplies half the voltage to each motor. Parallel supplies the output voltage in its entirety to both motors. Parallel hookups draw twice the current and therefore twice the power as series hookups.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:58 PM   #76
Pebble Pounder

do your clod axle kits come with any bearings at all?

(the 2 5x8's to be particular- per axle)
they are supposedly only included in the truck kit and not offered in an aftermarket bearing set..
wheelhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 08:42 AM   #77
The Wheels Keep Turning

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdsti
do your clod axle kits come with any bearings at all?

(the 2 5x8's to be particular- per axle)
they are supposedly only included in the truck kit and not offered in an aftermarket bearing set..

UPDATED INFO: Concerning the bearings, there are bearings in the kit. Here is the info I got from TTR:

They are used in the D-Parts or the steering knuckles. IE, D#1 & D#2.

Last edited by kevinlongisland; 10-27-2005 at 08:30 AM.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:12 PM   #78
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlongisland
I like the outside-the-box thinking with only one narrow wheel for clearance. good idea. I can't really see any adverse affects from doing that. Let us know how it works out and thanks for the post/info.

Well, about 43 months later, I'm finally walking again, and able to drive the truck. The one wide offset wheel and three regular wheels worked just fine. The tires on the other hand left a lot to be desired at this particular location. The smooth rocks were damp, and the tires slid right off them. UNLIKE the Giant Tracs which are so freaking sweet, they grabbed a hold, and didn't let go. So, by all means, the one wide offset wheel idea works. The next step for me is to get some Velocities in a regular offset for the three tires, and then run the one wide offset on the battery side. I could use Clod wheels I suppose, but I like the dish look.

And the 7 cell AA packs worked great too. Well, after they came back to life.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 01:27 AM   #79
Quarry Creeper

Sweeeetttt....Just received my "Stick" chassis, Very well package.
Can't wait to start working on it, but still waiting for more parts. I'll post some pics when its done.
Thanks again
Kev808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 08:36 AM   #80
The Wheels Keep Turning

EeePee, glad to see your up and about. I'm sure you love being able to walk around again. Being stuck in bed sucks. I bet your dying to get back out on the track too (scca)! But anyway, glad to see your getting better.

Kev808, glad to hear your package got there in good shape. Hope you enjoy the truck.