Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: viper's creeper build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2010, 07:07 PM   #161
RCC Addict

well as far as i can tell from my use and abuse the tranny holds up very well no wear at all on the gears and i even had my pinion gear set out to far and the grub screw was hitting the gear barely even damaged the edge of the teeth , my looking at the axial trans has nothing to do with the durability of the creeper tans just with size and weight , if i do end up using the axial trans in my creeper then the creeper trans will be residing in my scaler scx-10 , and i will have to make upgrades to the axial trans because the outputs are not steel but aluminum and they will shear off under a hard load .
viper6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2010, 09:57 PM   #162
RCC Addict

okay it is official i am going with a different chassis , can't really say any more as of now but i will be updating my build thread with the new chassis and the rebuild of the creeper ( still not 100% on the tranny switch )
Old 01-02-2011, 04:54 PM   #163
RCC Addict

man the crickets are chirpping in here .................................................: cry:

maybe some updates soon
Old 01-02-2011, 05:46 PM   #164
Quarry Creeper

Hey Viper, I have a creeper as well but haven't got it together yet. I picked up a sportsman chassis from Matt and am not sure what route I am going with. I have kicked around using the creeper axles with a axial tranny and his chassis, or I may use axial axles. I like the idea of being able to overdrive the front axle with the axials.

Problem is I want it all, a scaler, tcc rig and a sportman rig. Just not enough money to go around.

I don't think we have met yet, but I will be around as soon as the weather gets better and we start having comps again. I quit for awhile after my Dad passed away, and I am ready to get back to it again.

I think I am going to wait to put my creeper together till rc4wd put the xvd's out again.

Keep us updated on you build, I will keep watching.

Randy
racerrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:54 PM   #165
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerrandy View Post
Hey Viper, I have a creeper as well but haven't got it together yet. I picked up a sportsman chassis from Matt and am not sure what route I am going with. I have kicked around using the creeper axles with a axial tranny and his chassis, or I may use axial axles. I like the idea of being able to overdrive the front axle with the axials.

Problem is I want it all, a scaler, tcc rig and a sportman rig. Just not enough money to go around.

I don't think we have met yet, but I will be around as soon as the weather gets better and we start having comps again. I quit for awhile after my Dad passed away, and I am ready to get back to it again.

I think I am going to wait to put my creeper together till rc4wd put the xvd's out again.

Keep us updated on you build, I will keep watching.

Randy
yeah i also purchased matts chassis for mine and i am planning on trying my best to incorporate the creeper trans in it , just keep your eyes out in the for sale ads you can find some really good deals in there at times . make sure when you build your creeper to take a long look at the tips and tricks thread and rmdesignworks build he has done a ton of work to make it work great . welcome back to the crawler world , sorry for your loss but i understand i lost my father 4 years ago then my mother a year later ( your mind will be going a thousand different ways after losing a family memeber ) look forward to meeting you if you havn't met them yet the guys in kcrc are great .
Old 01-02-2011, 05:58 PM   #166
I wanna be Dave

I-HEAR-YA
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:06 PM   #167
RCC Addict

i am curently waiting on my new chassis from dinky r/c i haven't had time to drive out to his place to pick it up , as soon as i get it i will be posting pics and the process of rebuilding my creeper and fitting the creeper tranny to the new chassis ( originally designed for the axial but i have been talking to matt about fitting the creeper tranny )
Old 01-02-2011, 06:19 PM   #168
I wanna be Dave

DRC is a good choice for a chassis...Ive seen his stuff up close,,very good quality. Ive been workin on modifying a Hustler Chassis to fir a Creeper Trans to build a tubed scaler.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:47 PM   #169
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper6171 View Post
yeah i also purchased matts chassis for mine and i am planning on trying my best to incorporate the creeper trans in it , just keep your eyes out in the for sale ads you can find some really good deals in there at times . make sure when you build your creeper to take a long look at the tips and tricks thread and rmdesignworks build he has done a ton of work to make it work great . welcome back to the crawler world , sorry for your loss but i understand i lost my father 4 years ago then my mother a year later ( your mind will be going a thousand different ways after losing a family memeber ) look forward to meeting you if you havn't met them yet the guys in kcrc are great .

I do know most of the KCRC guys, I crawled with them and knew some from racing rc. I have had rc's for 10+ years, raced at most of the tracks in the area.

When I got out of crawling about a year and half ago, I was running neck and neck for first in points with Josh or Matt, can't remember who for sure. I also would like to do some rc pulling, just can't find anyone around here with a good sled. I know Larry Supenbach has a old sled, but I don't think know what kind of shape its in.

Sorry for your loss as well!

Randy

Last edited by racerrandy; 01-02-2011 at 06:49 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:09 PM   #170
RCC Addict

Quote:
I do know most of the KCRC guys, I crawled with them and knew some from racing rc. I have had rc's for 10+ years, raced at most of the tracks in the area.

When I got out of crawling about a year and half ago, I was running neck and neck for first in points with Josh or Matt, can't remember who for sure. I also would like to do some rc pulling, just can't find anyone around here with a good sled. I know Larry Supenbach has a old sled, but I don't think know what kind of shape its in.

Sorry for your loss as well!

Randy
thanks , did you come out to our last couple comps ? i think i know who you are just not sure
Old 01-02-2011, 08:10 PM   #171
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
DRC is a good choice for a chassis...Ive seen his stuff up close,,very good quality. Ive been workin on modifying a Hustler Chassis to fir a Creeper Trans to build a tubed scaler.
yeah he does have some killer stuff , this chassis is his new sportsman chassis and it is actually not a welded or tuber chassis , i have seen this chassis work and it does it well so hopefully it will work well with the creeper
Old 01-02-2011, 08:32 PM   #172
RCC Addict

what chassie is it, like what the name of it and who is the person that makes it?
venomcrawlerdud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:44 PM   #173
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomcrawlerdud View Post
what chassie is it, like what the name of it and who is the person that makes it?
the chassis is made by dinky r/c not sure if he has it on his website yet but you can find him on here in the vendor section , as far as i know it is just called the sportsman chassis
Old 01-02-2011, 08:56 PM   #174
RCC Addict

ok ill take a look
venomcrawlerdud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:32 PM   #175
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomcrawlerdud View Post

Here you go.

***Dinky R/C "Sport" Series Comp Chassis***

Randy
Old 01-02-2011, 11:34 PM   #176
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
thanks , did you come out to our last couple comps ? i think i know who you are just not sure

Ya, fat boy with a gotee!

Randy
Old 01-03-2011, 02:49 PM   #177
RCC Addict

Quote:
Ya, fat boy with a gotee!

Randy
oh so i just need to look for myself ............lol ( except gotee turned into full beard now )
Old 01-19-2011, 10:22 PM   #178
RCC Addict

okay the new chassis is in and i ordered my xvd's tonight . now for the fun part getting the chassis to work with the creeper tranny if at all possible , if not then i will have to switch to an axial ( bad word ) tranny . also looking at modifying my wheels get rid of the pendulum and replace with steel ball bearings ( individual 5/8 " balls 8 or 9 per each front wheel less in rear ) . also ordering the better tranny mount/center skid and full set of avid revolution bearings . still need to get the funds together to get a high torque servo to replace the kinda weak one i have now . pics will be coming soon
Old 01-19-2011, 11:08 PM   #179
Rock Crawler

Quote:
axial ( bad word ) tranny
thats a good word!!!
lazynocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:16 PM   #180
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazynocturnal View Post
thats a good word!!!
thanks lazynoc but if i use the axial i have to buy the steel outputs to put in mine