Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Remote Diff Lock Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2012, 10:09 AM   #1

Default Remote Diff Lock Questions

I'm probably the newest guy here right now. I'm not new into RC, but I am new to rock crawling. I'm looking at the Venom Creeper comp package, and it says there is an option for remote locking diffs. So......

1: How well does this setup work?
2: If I were to purchase the setup to make the remote locking diffs work, is there a need for a dig unit, or could I use the Dig unit and the locked diffs?
Chemdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2012, 11:28 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Remote Diff Lock Questions

RMDW's tip and tricks thread...top of the Creeper forum...
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:35 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemdawg View Post
I'm probably the newest guy here right now. I'm not new into RC, but I am new to rock crawling. I'm looking at the Venom Creeper comp package, and it says there is an option for remote locking diffs. So......

1: How well does this setup work?
2: If I were to purchase the setup to make the remote locking diffs work, is there a need for a dig unit, or could I use the Dig unit and the locked diffs?
Locking diffs or locked diffs are completely separate form a dig unit and do different things...the dig unit locks or disengages the rear axle while power is applied to the front axle only.

locked diffs apply power to both wheels on that axle evenly without letting one turn independently.

Reading the threads that other people have already taken the time to write have answered this question many times over...other threads are even titled with pretty much the same thing as what your title is. Try the search button at the top right of the main Creeper forum page...if you are searching a single word then type it in...if you are searching a compound word or phrase then enter the word/s like this----->"example given" or "lockable diffs"

But either way...read the RMDW Tips and Tricks Sticky thread....it will answer just about any question you have...if it doesnt...my build thread "...on the Creeper wagon" and many other threads will.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:17 PM   #4

the dig unit seems cool but dont waste your money on the remote diff unlocker cause 99% of the time your going to run with the diffs locked
matt115k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:24 PM   #5

Highly appreciated. I'm not very bright sometimes. I shoulda read the sticks, but since I jumped the gun, I just went ahead and posted it. I know how the forums work, and I know how annoying it can be answering the same questions over and over again.

I'm still up in the air as to what truck I'm going to buy. I'm leaning towards the creeper now, cause I have all the gear to go with it.

I have many trucks in my collection including a highly modified revo, a redo vxl, a losi 8ight, and a losi mini t that's highly modified to name a few. So this is a whole new ball park for me.

Anyways, thanks for that info. I will definitely be reading a lot.
Chemdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:11 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Not running you down bro...like you said Ive answered the same questions over and over again...I dont mind when someone just doesnt understand but I can usually tell when someone hasnt read my Tips thread yet...read it all the way through then go back and read it a couple more times and feel free to post any questions you have about things that arent clear...The Creeper like all box stocker's has its factory issues but with very few wallet mods and some easy free mods...it can crawl really well.

Remote Diff Lock Questions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rear Diff Lock and other CC-01 Questions? JLF Tamiya XC/CC01 12 05-29-2012 07:55 AM
Remote diff lock Hotcrawler Venom Creeper 11 06-09-2010 09:29 PM
Remote locking diff kit questions? DRW-FJ40 Venom Creeper 12 03-30-2010 02:33 PM
Remote Diff Lock Servo?? snwchris Venom Creeper 2 08-28-2009 09:37 PM
Remote diff lock kit evostyle Venom Creeper 14 04-08-2009 02:42 PM