Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

View Poll Results: Venom creeper upgrades
What upgrades should I buy for this rig 3 100.00%
What turn motor should i get for the rig if im going to run mostly scale and the ocasional crawl 1 33.33%
Where is the best battery nount on the rig for a standered nimh 6 cell 2 66.67%
How do i fix the shaking movement of the front drive shaft because it shakes the whole truck 1 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: ******venom creeper upgrades*****

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2012, 05:41 AM   #1

Exclamation ******venom creeper upgrades*****

hey Venom creeper owners, Please Post up your problems about the Venom creeper and how you have improved that problem.

Please feel free to post up any recommended for the venom creeper because i got the rig and just asking rccrawler.com what up grades i should get for the rig because face it no one wants to deal with a broken part when doing comp crawling.
Tom,
trevely15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2012, 05:48 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: ******venom creeper upgrades*****

This is the best thing you can read RMDW T's & T's & set up now read your butt off until it hurts then read some more.
jojo303d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

1st, build the tranny right. I did. And ran mine in comps w/b-less power for 2 yrs-no probs. 2nd, get all the metal upgtrades from ckrc you can. 3rd, go to your local osh or ace(most important one), & get a piece of copper tubing that fits around your outputs behind the wheel. They'll slide right over those little bastard pins that make all creeper owners nutz! Then, just crimp the ends a bit so they wont slide. Happy crawling!
jado6006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:22 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I think Ill let someone else throw up the comprehensive list of aftermarket parts that you should or need to add. Some of your questions were covered here already... venom safari help!!to get ...answers really havent changed.

As far as your poll goes
What upgrades should I buy for this rig

The RMDW sticky has all of the mods you need to do...written out.

What turn motor should i get for the rig if im going to run mostly scale and the ocasional crawl

best all around motor is a 55t lathe motor with a 17 - 19 tooth pinion.

Where is the best battery nount on the rig for a standered nimh 6 cell

The only place you can mount a STANDARD 6cell nimh pack is in the stock location...its too big to go anywhere else. This was also answered in your 4-25 post in the electronics forum. As stated there...if you use the large stick packs your options are limited. The battery question was also covered here... venom creeper battery mount

How do i fix the shaking movement of the front drive shaft because it shakes the whole truck

another thing covered in the RMDW sticky...replace the driveshafts. but if the drive shaft wobbles then something isnt put together right...check the yoke and make sure the set screws are lined up with the flat side of the pinion shaft on the axle and the transmission...drive shaft may be bad.

Last edited by rmdesignworks; 05-10-2012 at 09:53 PM.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:17 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Boy that Thomas doesn't miss a thing! All threads in all diff places.... I'm pretty sure trevely it was also stated in one of ur many started threads that the biggest part of crawling and or building a rig is READING.......... All the info has been covered an re-covered.. there are plenty of comp rig builds, stock an paradox'd, here on the first page if not on the second.. there fully built and comped.. if ya can't find an answer, after reading ALL of them, then ask. Not to sound rude but this is why some ppl can't get answers to What they want when they want it.. the poll has been taken multiple times in multiple threads.. just read
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:01 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

How many people took the time to read the request for info then replied to it only to have the same questions asked again...Trevely isnt wrong for asking questions and Im not targeting him for doing it...but to ask for an answer or several answers... then get several.... then ask again.... is kind of a smack in the face to those who tried to help. Thats what makes people stop helping...they get an attitude of "ya know...he asked....got a bunch of info and none of it seems to matter to him"....so "why should I help anymore?" This is why someone posts up a thread and you see 50...100...140+ hits on the thread and ZERO help...ZERO comments...

Some people think that I go over board with pushing people to read whats already written...but there are three threads containing these same "poll" questions on page two of the Creeper forum...by the OP
Old 05-11-2012, 04:05 PM   #7

ok ill do some research....
trevely15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevely15 View Post
ok ill do some research....

Don't really need to research. 99% of the things you are wondering about are right in RMDW's T&T post. Its a sticky right on top. Has tons of usefull info and Thomas knows his stuff. There are also posts from some of the other creeper hardcores in there with other options and so forth. This forum is the best crawler info on the web that I have found so if you are here you dont need to look any further for info.
mgputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:57 PM   #9
No idea what I'm doing

Your poll has nothing but questions...what exactly are we supposed to be voting on?
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:14 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
Your poll has nothing but questions...what exactly are we supposed to be voting on?
How to give him all the info he wants without him having to read anything...he seems to like typing though.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:22 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
How to give him all the info he wants without him having to read anything...he seems to like typing though.
LOL
mgputer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comp, crawler, creeper, part, venom

******venom creeper upgrades***** - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
venom creeper build.....crusher's creeper crusher Venom Creeper 43 07-10-2012 05:12 AM
Creeper upgrades? PileDriver Venom Creeper 3 05-20-2010 06:48 PM
Venom AX10 upgrades lt1zwb96 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 8 10-24-2009 03:12 PM